Artists Sanctuary [Inactive]

"It happens to everyone, I suppose when Adrian's finished we could go home and get some rest. I could use it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now Adrian was sitting criss crossed on the stores floor imagining different hypothesis' of what or who it could be. His hair had begun to form into wet curls as he sat with his arms crossed and eyes closed as his head was tilted at the floor.

Apollo approached him to see if he was awake "Ready to go?" He asked.

Rita nodded, agreeing. "It's a shame... it's not even late. You think Adrians thinking about the painting still?" She asked, noticing her friends intense focus. She approached him and grinned, amused. "How's it going sherlock?" She asked, picking up his nickname.

Adrian looked at Rita giving a thumbs up as he hid his smile behind his hand as they walked out of the store.

Apollo hopped in his truck and took off towards Adrian's house, the rain had settled. Apollo liked the way it looked.

Rita got in the truck, eyes barely staying open at first, then dosing off after a valiant fight of staying awake with the relaxing rumble of the car and the sound of water on a windshield.

Adrian's head leaned against the window as they drove, his body rattling every time the truck did. He sat in silence until he reached over Rita and grabbed Apollos phone. He knew he wasn't sneaky about it as he added his number into Apollos contacts, the light shining in his face. But once finished he placed the phone in a cup holder giving a small smile.

Apollo smiled back as he pulled up to Adrian's house "I'll see you tomorrow. Get some rest".

Adrian stepped out of the car waving to him before he shut the car door. He gripped his school items closer to his chest his knuckles turning white as he stepped towards his home, the windows full of golden light. He didn't want to go inside but he knew he had to as he stepped onto his porch and opened the front door slowly.

Apollo pulled out and headed back to the campus to take Rita home, noticing she had fallen asleep, he couldn't help but smile.

They arrived at the school, he gently shook Rita to see if he could awaken her.

Rita first moved in towards Apollos touch, but then awoke. "..mm?" She opened her eyes and looked up at him. "We're here already...?" She almost asked where Adrian was but though better of it.

"We just arrived" he said looking down to her. "You I almost didn't want to wake you, you seemed to be sleeping too well."

"Well... I'm a light sleeper but.. I was sort of dreaming. You guys were in it, so I hope I can have that again." She said in a half asleep drowsy voice, smiling childishly at him.

"Let's hope so" he said with a smile. "I'll see you tomorrow, I look forward to it".

Rita hopped out of the car, waving as she looked back at him. "Have a good night."

(Which is something I'll be doing as well)

Apollo was thrashing in his sleep, late in the night, he rolled over on his phone calling Rita, he was gasping, breathing heavily, crying out for help,

Cady paced back and fourth in her room. She was crying loudly and her arm was wrapped up in a crude bandage. She left the art room and came back when she could feel a panic attack arising. She knew the others wouldn't want to deal with it, so for 2 hours she was screaming and crying into her pillow.

She knew she was stupid - like they really wanted to spend time with her, the boys only hung out with her because Rita did, and Cady couldn't fathom why Rita wanted to. She curled up on the floor and buried her face in her pillow to muffle her screams.

Rita awoke with a jolt, hearing the phone ring. She answered, not expecting what she heard. "Hey! Apollo, are you alright?!" She said, not understanding what was going on the other line.

There was no response to her other than what sounded like Apollo writhing in pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back