• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Arai [closed]

Séreméla looks down at her nibbled bread and whimpers softly. "I was just trying to find a home. One that didn't try to kill me.." She begins to shake and whimper.

Luskas sighed. "You know, having a home isn't all that great." Luskas slipped the apple core in his pocket.

Zonarch finished off his bread. "I wouldn't know I've never had a home." He stretches and yawns. "I suppose you could say the roads are my home."

"But I'm not strong like you. I don't fight I mean I don't even really argue with anyone... meow..me..meow." She shoke harder and suddenly shrunk into the small black kitten. She hopped off the bed and ran under the bed.

"Well, we can fight." Zonarch said then gestured to Luskas. "At least he can."

"Of course, you like to scream and flail." Luskas smiled at Zonarch.

Luskas sat over by the window, keep an eye out. Zonarch returned to his chair. "So how long have you been traveling?"

Séreméla poked her head from under the bed and scanned the room before crawling all the way out. She grew back to normal size and sat cross legged on the floor. "Far to long I'm afraid. Last time I checked it had been three months of inn hopping. But I don't really know anymore."

"Well I'm sure things will work out." Zonarch flashed another smile.

"Shh!" Luskas commanded, right before a loud bang came from downstairs. "Its starting, Zonarch, you keep her safe. Keep my pace, and don't wander off." Luskas whispered. Zonarch nodded in agreement.

"Well I'm sure things will work out." Zonarch flashed another smile.

"Shh!" Luskas commanded. "Its starting, Zonarch keep her safe. Stay pace behind me, and don't wander off," Luskas whispered. Zonarch nodded in agreement.

Séreméla immediately shrunk to a kitten and ran to Zonarch attempting to climb into his arms. She shook and stared at the door.

Zonarch held out his arm to allow her to climb him. Luskas slowly opened the door, peering out into the hall. "Alright its clear."

Séreméla buried her face into the bend of Zonarch's arm cuddling as close to him as she could. The fur on her back bristled with fear as she peeked over his arm.

Luskas held his hand on his sword hilt. Muffled voices could be heard from downstairs. He quietly stepped out into the hall. Zonarch followed closely behind him, just as quiet.

Luskas pressed himself against the wall and moved closer to the stairs. As he did so, the voices became clearer. Two men, likely bandits, and a woman, the inn keeper.

"So now I'll ask, is there anyone else here?" The first bandit asked, his irritation was noticeable.

"No, no one else!" The inn keeper was terrified.

Then came a thud. "Why did you do that!" The first bandit said. "We don't have to kill everyone!"

"Maybe not, but we were getting nowhere with her." The second bandits voice was calm. "Besides, my blades want blood."

The first bandit sighed. "Fine, then you go up stairs and have a look."

The second bandit grumbled then started walking towards the stairs.

Luskas held his breath as foot steps started up the stairs. Then the bandit reached the top, he was startled by Luskas.

Before a sound could reach his mouth, Luskas's sword was unsheathed and cutting him down in a flash of red. The bandit simply disappeared.

"Alright Zonarch, draw your sword." Zonarch nodded and had his sword in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back