[Across the States and Back!] Out of Character

Anyways, I just wanted to ask when we'll start. Because, if we start Friday, I have the whole day until like five-sixish to reply. :3

BrownBear said:
My fav era is most peoples least favorite. The first album. I went to their orlando concert in middle school and when Vampires played the audience was confused. I looked so awkward belting out the lyrics no one knew with my cousin, but i felt proud lol
You went to their concert?! You're so lucky! That's a definite moment to be proud of! I actually like I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love. When I became part of the MCRmy my parents looked at me weird, thinking I did drugs or something to listening to them. I blast their music and I think even they know the songs because I listen to them so much.

Though now I dont listen to that kind of music as much as I used to. Now I like more of Indie/folk music, some r&b and dope songs.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

Youre cool asf then hahahhaha. Yeah my parents are latino. Thayve accepted my rachet ghetto sutff but never really liked my metal and rock. they dont care anymore though.

I have Mexican parents also and I hate it because they're conservative as fu** and they hate when I act like anything but a girl... In honestly not a girly girl so I hate when my mom tries to stuff makeup and accessories down my throat =S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The struggle of being the first generation here. Culture and identity gets easily mixed.

BrownBear said:
Youre cool asf then hahahhaha. Yeah my parents are latino. Thayve accepted my rachet ghetto sutff but never really liked my metal and rock. they dont care anymore though.
Stahp, no. Cool one here is the one who knew Vampires while the rest of the crowd didn't! Was born and now live South America so I'm technically latina? Well I was born in Brazil, some people wouldn't call me latina. Though my dad is latino, he hates my rock stuff, likes Ricardo Arjona and Juan Luis Guerra. I like them, but when I take car trips with them I take my own earbuds with my playlist.

Nice. And same. I love their music. Hell I can dance bachata and merengue damn well, but id rather listen to something else sometimes. or my parents are dominican btw

NessieAlways said:
I have Mexican parents also and I hate it because they're conservative as fu** and they hate when I act like anything but a girl... In honestly not a girly girl so I hate when my mom tries to stuff makeup and accessories down my throat =S
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes I do like to dress up and stuff. But my mom likes to dress up for anything. I really mean anything. Quick supermarket shopping, to buy drive thru stuff. Im her only girl and she expects me to dress up with her. I say no and she gets mad >.<

Haha, I wouldn't understand you guys. I am purely Asian American, although I am first generation. I think, it's kind of confusing. My parents were born in Vietnam and Laos, but my some of my aunts and uncles were born here. XP

My mom and dad don't like the music I listen to. :( Mostly Japanese, Alternative, Indie, and a bit of Screamo. Oh pop too, like Marina and the Diamonds.

My parents are mean, though. They expect me to do the best and started saying you have to be number one and shit. Except I came in second and they just said something like it wasn't as good as I could do... But enough of my sad life.

Hah, my parents say I dress weird, and I suppose I do. But, it's my own style and everyone at school seems to like it. XP I'm not that girly either, but not a tomboy. I hate wearing pink, though.

BrownBear said:
Nice. And same. I love their music. Hell I can dance bachata and merengue damn well, but id rather listen to something else sometimes. or my parents are dominican btw
I actually have some bachata songs in my phone >.> Though cumbia I dont really like, or Pitbull tbh...

Although you are asian, my parents are the same way, especially my father. Probably not as intense, but to the point where literally family honor get into the mix. My parents are a prominent military back there on my dads side. He was the number one pilot in the academy there in DR. Now brother has set the bar super high by getting in to the academy here in the USA. My parents constantly nag me and its like a fuckin weight. I know its weird but i think i can relate. Ok my rants done.

@Mademoiselle i love Una Noches Mas with Kevin Roldan and Nicky Jam. My jam.

LuckyMisfortune said:
Haha, I wouldn't understand you guys. I am purely Asian American, although I am first generation. I think, it's kind of confusing. My parents were born in Vietnam and Laos, but my some of my aunts and uncles were born here. XP
My mom and dad don't like the music I listen to. :( Mostly Japanese, Alternative, Indie, and a bit of Screamo. Oh pop too, like Marina and the Diamonds.

My parents are mean, though. They expect me to do the best and started saying you have to be number one and shit. Except I came in second and they just said something like it wasn't as good as I could do... But enough of my sad life.

Hah, my parents say I dress weird, and I suppose I do. But, it's my own style and everyone at school seems to like it. XP I'm not that girly either, but not a tomboy. I hate wearing pink, though.
You sound like you like the same music that I do! ^^

MARINA YES

I hate it when my parents pressure me to be the best, especially when they compare me to any of my brothers <.< My older brother got a full scholarship for football(soccer), my little brother always gets the best grades. Me? I like drawing and music. I'm the weird kid...

Yay!

Diamonds uniteeeeee! :3

Sigh, I feel for you. Since I'm the oldest, they always lay their hopes on me. Although I feel bad for my siblings when they compare them to me

I just wanna do my 20 years, retire. come out. do politics. retire. and then smoke. smoke/roll/trip and travel till i fuckin die. till i dont know who i am and where im from. Im just essence. Traveling essence simply enjoying life and not worrying. Old ass man pimpin with my day one lady, and my kids all set and never worrying again. Grand kids even better off. Parents with luxurious graves, then one for me when im gone. Thats the dream

Aye, I want to be successful and make my parents proud. They want me to be a doctor, which I kind of do, but I also want to pursue my dream of being an artist or writer. Maybe even a scientist. We all have that kind of dream, don't we? XP

Could never be a doctor or scientist... but they know im good with history, law, and that im a pretty political guy in general. So at least they push me to something i could be and not something id hate to be.... as for dreams... i always wanted to be a famous musician and actor... even do modeling on the side. They think thats weird. Which is why i havent talked about it since middle school hahahah

XP Hah, yah! Sometimes I feel like ditch the whole thing altogether and just be a writer or artist, but my parents don't understand. Musician I could be, in classical music though. I only play the flute. Actor, I could never do or singer. I have terrible, terrible stage fright. One time in middle school, I sang for choir and basically forgot everything I was going to sing. I even had a solo, yikes! It's nice to talk about your ambitions though, no matter how weird or awesome they are! :3

Classic is nice. I like flute too. Lol... i was the lead in a school play my sophomore year. Didnt tell them about it though.

that generation in general is a very serious one tbh... conservative too.... id let my kids smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back