• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Academy For The Strange And Gifted ((Always Accepting.))

Well, considering the dragon is imprisoned under the academy, I kinda figured just getting out of its trap would entail a whole lot of destruction. Like... At least a big hole.

There's gotta be consequences... Damage to the Academy and the town, wounds, emotional trauma...

Without that, the dragon would look pretty weak.

And besides, as the story progresses, Jack will constantly be building and tinkering, assisted by an ever increasing knowledge of the inner workings of magic. By the endgame, he's probably gonna have a magitech version of an AC-130 with a few unmanned dogfighter jets to protect it in the air. A full broadside from that badmutha would make a mortal dragon think twice. > :)

Part of the fight will be keeping it focused on tank characters so it doesn't lay waste to the continent while Jack, probably Nora, Noel, and Finn work out how to kill the damned thing.

I just couldn't resist making a Dwarf Fortress reference. In any case, seeing how everything comes together is going to be interesting.

I was actually thinking and thought of an idea as well.

You know how there are two forces in the world? Good and the bad? What if there are TWO dragons, but the one who is imprisoned is the bad, and it cannot die because one cannot exist without the other?

Idk.

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]I was actually thinking and thought of an idea as well.
You know how there are two forces in the world? Good and the bad? What if there are TWO dragons, but the one who is imprisoned is the bad, and it cannot die because one cannot exist without the other?

Idk.

[/QUOTE]
It's not a bad idea, though I think it's the first thing most people jump to. What if the dragon has great magical power and that's what is being used to fuel everything in the area, including keeping the plants alive?

Yuubarin said:
It's not a bad idea, though I think it's the first thing most people jump to. What if the dragon has great magical power and that's what is being used to fuel everything in the area, including keeping the plants alive?
YES. The dragon is the reason the school has magical properties! If he dies, the school falls apart. :o

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]YES. The dragon is the reason the school has magical properties! If he dies, the school falls apart. :o

[/QUOTE]
The entire land around it becomes a nearly lifeless desert, and perhaps it was before the dragon was imprisoned there.

It think that, whatever the enemy is, it needs to be a multiple person threat such as the cult mentioned earlier or maybe a council of baddies because we have so many characters. That way we can be solving different problems in different places and times and people aren't left out by a single problem being solved too quickly.

[QUOTE="The Angelic Kori]It think that, whatever the enemy is, it needs to be a multiple person threat such as the cult mentioned earlier or maybe a council of baddies because we have so many characters. That way we can be solving different problems in different places and times and people aren't left out by a single problem being solved too quickly.

[/QUOTE]
I don't think the dragon problem would be solved quickly, but having everyone focus on it might not be for the best so I agree that we need other threats.

If I may make a suggestion.

With such a big boss type of main arc, there would obviously need a lot of build up before the big climax. But as only having build up would stagnate the pacing of the rp, as we can only handle so many mundane days of class and social interaction, why not implement a series of B plots? Smaller arcs that would help to keep things interesting before the big bad comes and may or may not have to do with the big dragon someone decided to build a school on top of.

Maybe events at the school or side villains. Or you could try to bring in some of the elements of the characters' pasts. Or some other ideas used to fuel character development. It could tie them closer to the rp and gives people the chance to suggest ideas.

As for the dragon thing, you could separate the effects of the dragon's release. Have the cult like people suggested or other things that need to be fixed at the same time as dealing with the dragon. Sort of like how in ATLA, Aang dealt with Ozai while Zuko and Katara had to deal with Azula and others had to retake Ba Sing Se. It's only a suggestion though. I tried to do this with my own rp but it died before I could get the plot branches running, so I don't know if it'll actually work.

That's how it should be done I think, we'll just need to be careful not to have too much side stuff, have things get into motion quickly enough and not have any of it drag on for too long.

@amdreams

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]"I can come with you, but I would prefer to eat somewhere else. "

[/QUOTE]
Just asking for clarification... Eat somewhere else... Like where? Just confirming she doesn't want to eat at the cafeteria?

@Queen of Fantasy and @ashlyn heckman How should I come in? Wait, here's my actual question. You get your dorm key and number at the front desk, and you brought things with you... right? I just wanna make sure before I do anything stupid. A lot of rps I've done this on, messed me up... soo I just wanted to make sure... lol.

PixieDusts said:
@Queen of Fantasy and @ashlyn heckman How should I come in? Wait, here's my actual question. You get your dorm key and number at the front desk, and you brought things with you... right? I just wanna make sure before I do anything stupid. A lot of rps I've done this on, messed me up... soo I just wanted to make sure... lol.
Yes, all correct.

GlytchMeister said:
Just asking for clarification... Eat somewhere else... Like where? Just confirming she doesn't want to eat at the cafeteria?
Anywhere else but the cafeteria, yup. So like outside, or in another room.

Queen of Fantasy] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/31853-pixiedusts/ said:
@PixieDusts[/URL] Your boy character gets dorm 5 to himself, I believe, and your female character shares a dorm with Hilja in dorm 5
5 and 5 nice... So is there like a sign that says boy dorms that leads to a hallway? Or like a different building?

PixieDusts said:
5 and 5 nice... So is there like a sign that says boy dorms that leads to a hallway? Or like a different building?
There are two doors, side by side and they lead to an unknown realm, but thats where the dorms are placed. It's like... Imagine one large room, with large windows and outside are just clouds and stars, or a blue sky depending on the time?

Queen of Fantasy] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/39801-glytchmeister/ said:
@GlytchMeister[/URL] Oh my gosh, Jack is 5'9 and Noel is a dwarf at 4'3. xD What a height difference.
Thus he was definitely capable of keeping her on her feet... All he really had to do was pull up :P

I also made sure he "looks down" or "smiles down" at her and whatnot.

As for shipping... I haven't really wrapped my head around all of these characters quite yet... The other writing endevor I'm involved in on another site was fanfic that gradually introduced new characters... All of them happening at once is a bit much for me to keep track of.

However, I am liking the way Jack and Noel are getting along...

GlytchMeister said:
Thus he was definitely capable of keeping her on her feet... All he really had to do was pull up :P
I also made sure he "looks down" or "smiles down" at her and whatnot.

As for shipping... I haven't really wrapped my head around all of these characters quite yet... The other writing endevor I'm involved in on another site was fanfic that gradually introduced new characters... All of them happening at once is a bit much for me to keep track of.

However, I am liking the way Jack and Noel are getting along...
Haha, me too! I'm really tempted to draw the two, during lunch. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back