• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Academy For The Strange And Gifted ((Always Accepting.))

@Ashlynita Yup, you can go ahead and talk with him if you'd like.

So I have a question for you guys. I know that this rp is a school n' everything, but I was thinking of throwing in an antagonist or a few of them. But I need help figuring out which idea to use?

An army attacking the school?

A hidden dark secret about the school and it's origins

A psychotic teacher turns bad and starts to bring the school down brick by brick?

And any other ideas that someone had?

Righto, I'll get on it.

I also like the dark secret aspect, but it never hurts to combine several antagonistic aspects as long as it's done correctly~

Ashlynita said:
Righto, I'll get on it.

I also like the dark secret aspect, but it never hurts to combine several antagonistic aspects as long as it's done correctly~
I was thinking of that as well.

Like a sacred being buried under the school, and a teacher wants to release it for great power, and ends up being killed by the being AND the being bringing i it's cult to attack?

idk? I have to figure out the whole backstory first.

Yeah, that sounds super interesting! I believe that a roleplay is made better when there is a problem the characters have to overcome together. Idk, I'm a plot slut -w-

Ashlynita said:
Yeah, that sounds super interesting! I believe that a roleplay is made better when there is a problem the characters have to overcome together. Idk, I'm a plot slut -w-
Same thooo. I love character development so this might be a big thing for 'em.

[QUOTE="Queen of Fantasy]I was thinking of that as well.
Like a sacred being buried under the school, and a teacher wants to release it for great power, and ends up being killed by the being AND the being bringing i it's cult to attack?

idk? I have to figure out the whole backstory first.

[/QUOTE]
I like that! Maybe have some characters be apart/join the cult and have battles between character or even some betrayal plots. Could be fun c: I'm for it!

Yuubarin said:
So, any chance there actually is a sauna?
I'd sorta expect one... I mean, this is turning out to be a magic school... And a fairly large one at that. I wouldn't be surprised to find such a facility...

Where I'm from, saunas are more commonly found near athletic facilities. Dunno about a magic school, though... Maybe a hot spring in a cave? A series of pools of gradually higher temperature as you get closer to the source. That'd be neat. Could be natural, like the mountain the academy is built into is a volcanic remnant, or...

Oooor...

It could be a sign of the secret of the Academy... Like it was built atop the prison of an ancient and terrible evil. The purpose of the Academy in a situation like that could be to attract the best and brightest and most powerful the world has to offer and to keep a large contingent of supernatural beings in the area just in case... All while never revealing the secret.

I mean, c'mon, look at our characters. We have a sphinx, a bowl of various assorted magic special snowflakes including demons, dragon people, undead, and more, a Steel Golem super soldier/weapon, a technomancer, elves and a girl who is impossible to kill. That's one helluva magic army.

We could also go bigger than that - Jack came from a continent where magic pretty much doesn't exist (I'm having trouble figuring out what to call it... People from magic lands could call it the Deadlands, and Jack a Deadlander, but I don't know what his nation would call itself), and as such relies on tech to stay competitive (main export is technology, main import is self-contained and self-powered magic that doesn't rely on ambient magic - military is based on technological advancements...). Elves have so far been portrayed as clannish and segregated, though Collin might be an elf that isn't very concerned with the sort of tribal separation different sub-types of elves often have. We could have a whole global conflict erupt, with ASG caught in the middle, being a location housing beings from all over the world.

(I love world-building, can you tell? :P )

GlytchMeister said:
*Lots of nice thinking*
Sorry for late response, I got pulled into XCOM 2. It seems a sauna would make sense. Since you mentioned it, if there were some great and terrible evil sealed near or within the academy, Hilja would probably be better at motivating others than fighting herself. I'd offer some thoughts of my own, but I'm terribly tired so it'll have to wait.

Her "restore object" power could make an excellent support ability: repairing armor and maybe weapons on the fly, or keeping doors and other such physical barriers and barricades from failing... Especially if she can finesse her power into restoring bits and pieces of said armors, weapons, and barricades one at a time - allowing her to eventually repair sets of objects larger than herself.

OKAY! This is what I have to far.

@GlytchMeister gave me an idea of like a sauna near the gym. I think that'd be pretty awesome, especially the idea of a secret passage inside that leads to the ancient being. I'm going to try and draw the sauna, (because I can do that.) instead of going on pinterst and looking for one. xD

There's going to be an ancient being, and I'm going to play him (cuz I like playing evil sometimes.) and I plan on making him a dragon (YE?) And he was, back in the day, idolized because of his power. After his defeat by Nora and locked away in the school, cults would form and kept hidden from the school until they have a mass about 3000 people.

Every once and awhile a strange noise is heard below the gym (His prison is right below it.) and that would be the dragon, screaming for freedom. So some students get together to investigate, but I would like this to happen later on then now. :3 How does that sound?

GlytchMeister said:
Her "restore object" power could make an excellent support ability: repairing armor and maybe weapons on the fly, or keeping doors and other such physical barriers and barricades from failing... Especially if she can finesse her power into restoring bits and pieces of said armors, weapons, and barricades one at a time - allowing her to eventually repair sets of objects larger than herself.
From good housekeeper to armory master. Though she detests violence, helping people defend themselves is a good thing, so that could work. Restoring just part of an object would require enough knowledge of the object's parts to target just that one part, and it would have to be a whole part probably just because of the nature of the magic or something I think. I think it would be fun to see how effective making other people experience each other's emotions would be in motivating them to protect each other and fight on to do so if things seemed grim.

Queen of Fantasy]OKAY! This is what I have to far. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/39801-glytchmeister/ said:
@GlytchMeister[/URL] *Plotting*
There seems to be a lot of dragons causing trouble in this world, or maybe it just seems like it to me. To be sealed away below, something would have to make this one different from the rest. Maybe this one couldn't be killed for some reason, or there was a reason killing it would be a bad idea, at least for those that imprisoned it instead. Perhaps something worse than the dragon has some kind of connection to it that currently has said thing searching for the dragon to return to its former power, but were the dragon to die, this other evil would be returned to its former power immediately.

Could be the dragon just couldn't be killed back in the day... But new magic, new tech, and new ideas have come up since then...

Hmmm...

Analysis of Noel's immortality by Jack could provide key data that could unlock the secret of how to kill the dragon...

Ooh... Ok, trigger warning:

Given the nature of Noel's character, what with her depression and her inability to forgive herself, maybe the only way she can die is to kill herself? That could then provide the key to how to kill the dragon - maybe it devoured souls to become immortal... And then (insert the Nordic empathy character here, I can't remember her name) forces the dragon to feel the pain it caused to all of the souls it has devoured, for they are within the dragon and still exist, as well as all the pain it causes to the friends and loved ones of those it has devoured.

Suddenly realizing just how much of a monster it is, the dragon kills itself, freeing all of the souls to live out the rest of their lives.

@Yuubarin

Well, a story without conflict... Isn't. Like a sandwich without meat, according to Arby's. :P

Jack will definitely do some convincing... In another RP elsewhere, I managed to debate a fellow author, while we were both incharacter, to assist in something he never would have allowed to happen at all before the debate.

The author asked if I had ever considered a career in law.

And, I'm assuming a lot of our characters will be there to support her and help her through the trauma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back