• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song of Ice and Fire RP (Game of Thrones)

Probably my favorite version of the Rains of Castamere, aside from the Nationals extended cut.

[media]

[/media]
WanderingJester said:
You should go watch Shooter. It's a great action flick that makes you think.
I'll go take a look tomorrow. I bought two more books on the ancient world, SPQR and A History of the Medieval World. The latter actually features India and Asia, which is nice. So that takes priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheAncientCenturion said:
Probably my favorite version of the Rains of Castamere, aside from the Nationals extended cut.
[media]

[/media]
I'll go take a look tomorrow. I bought two more books on the ancient world, SPQR and A History of the Medieval World. The latter actually features India and Asia, which is nice. So that takes priority.
For all you Civ players out there:

aOCfME8.jpg

DRiQJAG.jpg

That's really cool. I'm just going through documentaries now, even though I probably should eventually get to Batman v Superman...

For the cover, I liked how more instrumental it was, but it went for the more sad and angelic tone (which sort of fits) to me whereas I like my Rains of Castamere ominous and foreboding. Just an opinion.

WanderingJester said:
aOCfME8.jpg

DRiQJAG.jpg

That's really cool. I'm just going through documentaries now, even though I probably should eventually get to Batman v Superman...

For the cover, I liked how more instrumental it was, but it went for the more sad and angelic tone (which sort of fits) to me whereas I like my Rains of Castamere ominous and foreboding. Just an opinion.
I think it fits a post-Tywin world, the song takes on a different meaning to me. It's less about the Reynes and Tarbeks and now is all about the Lion of Lannisters.

Man, I am so hyped for Civ 6. I just hope Rome has a decent leader *Fingers crossed for Julius, Sulla, Tiberius, or Augustus*

I think it fits a post-Tywin world, the song takes on a different meaning to me. It's less about the Reynes and Tarbeks and now is all about the Lion of Lannisters.
Man, I am so hyped for Civ 6. I just hope Rome has a decent leader *Fingers crossed for Julius, Sulla, Tiberius, or Augustus*
Fair enough. lol, imagine they announce Nero as the new leader xD

WanderingJester said:
aOCfME8.jpg

DRiQJAG.jpg

Made infantry squads last over a thousand years on purpose in civ.

Also, prepare for the Rains of Castamere to be a thing in this RP by the end of Tiber's wedding.

WanderingJester said:
Fair enough. lol, imagine they announce Nero as the new leader xD
Nero wasn't that bad. Caligula was the guy who declared war on Neptune and made his legion collect seashells as "bounty from the enemy".

Leusis said:
Also, prepare for the Rains of Castamere to be a thing in this RP by the end of Tiber's wedding.
. . .Why?

Leusis said:
Ah, noice.

You mean the song? Did you already see the lyrics I posted a few pages back? I'll probably use those during the main ceremony or something *shrug*

Saw this, thought about Barba and Benjicott, laughed for a minute:

e8kUlZw.jpg

Nero wasn't that bad. Caligula was the guy who declared war on Neptune and made his legion collect seashells as "bounty from the enemy".
. . .Why?
Roland has been writing the Rains of Castamere since his first post, his first post was literally him in a tavern writing down lyrics. The reason it has taken him so long to write such a short song, simple, hes not a musician, hes just a guy with a decent voice who saw some pretty intense shit and decided to write a song about it.

Leusis said:
Roland has been writing the Rains of Castamere since his first post, his first post was literally him in a tavern writing down lyrics. The reason it has taken him so long to write such a short song, simple, hes not a musician, hes just a guy with a decent voice who saw some pretty intense shit and decided to write a song about it.
Oh, guess this would be a bad time to let him know there's already a song about the Reynes and Tarbeck dying right?

WanderingJester said:
Ah, noice.
You mean the song? Did you already see the lyrics I posted a few pages back? I'll probably use those during the main ceremony or something *shrug*

Saw this, thought about Barba and Benjicott, laughed for a minute:

e8kUlZw.jpg
This was hilarious.

WanderingJester said:
Oh, guess this would be a bad time to let him know there's already a song about the Reynes and Tarbeck dying right?
Last I remember you said the Rains of Castamere or any song on the event didn't exist. When did this change?

Leusis said:
Last I remember you said the Rains of Castamere or any song on the event didn't exist. When did this change?
I'm pretty sure from the beginning I've said there was a song, but not as catchy as the Rains of Castamere since the symbolism of drowning all of the Reynes and Tarbecks in the mines of Castamere didn't happen. The only reason it hadn't made an appearance yet was because I was too lazy to make one (which I did around 10-20 pages back now). Sorry man :/

WanderingJester said:
I'm pretty sure from the beginning I've said there was a song, but not as catchy as the Rains of Castamere since the symbolism of drowning all of the Reynes and Tarbecks in the mines of Castamere didn't happen. The only reason it hadn't made an appearance yet was because I was too lazy to make one (which I did around 10-20 pages back now). Sorry man :/
Well like 5 or so months of planning just went down the toilet. Meh, Roland isn't a musician anyway.

Leusis said:
Where are these lyrics? I can't find them.
Don't judge me too harshly. Songwriting's hard yo :/ (I ripped off of the original a lot)

And so the Lion of Castamere

Stood atop Tarbeck's Walls.

With pride he said, to the lion of gold,

"what's mine shall never be yours."

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,

the Lion of Castamere.

But now the Westermen doth say,

"There are no red lions here.

There are no more red lions here."

A thousand men stood on those walls,

with another two behind.

Yet when the gates they opened wide,

Not a brave soul the Red Lion could find.

"To the gates! To the gates!" to his men he cries,

but not a brave soul Lord Reyne could find.

And so he shout, and so he shout,

the Lion of Castamere.

But now the Westermen doth say,

The Gold Lion came in with his pride,

A brother Mountain Lion.

Their claws they slashed, though their ranks,

Until there was only silence.

Not one soul did the Gold Lion spared,

not the red lioness or their cubs,

Off their shoulders their head did fall,

Else caved in with a club.

And so they died, and so they died,

The Red Lions of Castamere,

And now the Westermen doth say,

Uh, in Tadhg's post it said it took them a day to get to Moat Calin. I hope he means from where his army currently was and not from Winterfell. Because to get to Moat Calin from Winterfell that'd likely take around a month with an army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back