• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Song Of Ice And Fire / Game Of Thrones RP [ Now Open! ]

I really wish that this rp would be more popular. It's so expansive, and we would need more people. Retainers, maybe some littlefingers, some Spiders, even night's watchmen.

Fuck it. I'm going to just release each character's part individually instead of doing one big mega post. It'll take too long.

Yeah man just do their posts when needed if developing the plot, no problem with that.

Okay another good question, how are we gonna deal with mass combat? Say the Baratheons fight the Targaryens on the field.

Baratheon men

1,500 foot soldiers

300 cavalry

200 archers

0 ships

Targaryen men

1,000 foot soldiers

500 cavalry

500 archers

0 ships

Both of them have a 'huge army'. There is the size of army - number of units - ACR (Army Challenge Rating)

Fine army - 10 unit (-8)

Diminutive - 50 (-6)

Tiny - 100 (-4)

Small - 200 (-2)

Medium - 500 (0)

Large - 1000 (+2)

Huge - 2000 (+4)

Gargantuan - 5000 (+6)

Colossal - 10000 (+8)

Rainy on the field, no one has an advantage in defense by siege tactic. Both add to be 2k men fighting on the field. Use the die roller to roll and see who does what casualties.

They both have a defense value, and an offense modifier.

This DV and OM are based on several different things.

The HP is equal to 20 - ACR = HP.

DV = ACR + 10 + (other defensive modifiers, rain, fog, flanking, etc)

OM= 1d20 roll + ACR

The phases go as follows, the enemy and you both roll a 1d20, and the higher number attacks first.

1. Tactics Phase

(All battlefield stuff is resolved, rain, snow, etc, etc. Each side picks what strategy they plan to use, defensive, brutality, cavalry, trained snipers, etc.)

2. Ranged Phase

(Each army makes an attack with their ranged units, and make only one. In this phase, the damage is doubled. The damage is calculated as such for both ranged and melee phases. The attacker rolls a 1d20 and adds their OM, if it is higher than the DV of the enemy, then they take that much damage. IE; Rolls a 1d20, gets a 7, adds their OM, +4, and gets an 11. The DV of the enemy army is 9, so they would take 2 damage. Because 7+4 = 11, which is 2 more than 9. Thus 2 damage.)

3. Melee Phase

(Similar to the ranged phase, as far as attacking, but repeats until one side is pushed back and routs, or until they are completely destroyed, surrender, or some other event ends the battle.)

If there are other factors, those are left to the discretion of the GM. Perhaps a separate tab could be made for mass combats?

Single combat seems like it should be easy enough to describe if both sides consent to who wins and who loses.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow. Ok, we should make another separate page for this. Calling it maybe "Tactics and Strategies"

Maybe so. Lotta lotta tabs, but it seems like the Targaryens might get fucked here soon, so it'd be good to have a system, if that's what the GM decides he wants to do. @WinterIsComing

I'm not doing anything at all tomorrow, as far as I know. So I will sort out some sort of system tomorrow, as well as edit the roleplay so that it is more 'cleaner'. I also want to expand on a lot of stuff. I might even do my own lore sections, along with the calendar.

Hells to the yeah! I think if we find a way to spread the word a little now, since the rp is growing quite a bit, that since there will be so many posts, people may be turned off. But hopefully if everything is organized, instead of reading all of the posts they can just take a quick look at the timeline and then see what's been going on and when. In that case, more people may join. Which would be awesome!

And of course, logistics. Like, how much food do they need to be maintained, plus the taxes and how much a soldier is payed, plus if they have either gold, silver, or other royal metals, or even dyes for export or certain advantages. Oh, plus, if rulers add dredd bonus, rallying bonus, etc.

Hmm, let's see... All I know is that Lannisters have gold mines, many gold mines in their regions, Tyrells have the most grains, and Martells have trade routes.

The white walkers have an army beyond the wall, so they are readying their stifies for you north boys.

Wouldn't allying yourself with Wildlings would be kind of out of character? I mean, Bran the Builder built the wall to protect from the white walkers and from the wildlings, so allying yourself with them might fuck up evrything.

Fuck Bran the Builder, he's my worst enemy at this point, allying with the Wildlings would only give them more cause my dude. Bran was a Stark.

I'm going to be on a plane for 5 hours so I'm gonna make the best God damn post the North has ever seen. The only thing is, @Venus maybe sent Moira's daughter on her way and we're still on day 1 and a ride from Highgarden to the Dreadfort holy fuck.

Now that I think about it I'll find something good. I'll make it really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back