Zoids - Bio War

When I sat down to write the character, I knew that I had to include "Coffee" somewhere. It was either that, or Fishing.

@AkuNoOkami Awesome. ^_^

@AkuNoOkami

Was reading Calisa's bio, and I have to wonder. If she found her Konig Wolf in the snowy mountains, it might have been a reckless Longshot who attacked her. Although I don't think it would have been Viktor; he could care less about a kid playing in the snow. I also have to wonder if her father is one of the arms dealers the Longshots would use. Not sure if she and Viktor would have had any run ins, though? If her pop was dealing to the mercs, they might have met that way. Maybe even offer protection to her family while they're traveling in the north. Your thoughts?

[QUOTE="Hungry Hungry Hobo]@AkuNoOkami
Was reading Calisa's bio, and I have to wonder. If she found her Konig Wolf in the snowy mountains, it might have been a reckless Longshot who attacked her. Although I don't think it would have been Viktor; he could care less about a kid playing in the snow. I also have to wonder if her father is one of the arms dealers the Longshots would use. Not sure if she and Viktor would have had any run ins, though? If her pop was dealing to the mercs, they might have met that way. Maybe even offer protection to her family while they're traveling in the north. Your thoughts?

[/QUOTE]
Well it is very likely that her father has dealt with the Longshots, because he does supply arms to the mercs. Yes, it also could have been a longshot who attacked her, perhaps in vengeance for something her father did?

The two years before she went off to the army, her father wouldn't get her any equipment or anything for her zoid, so perhaps he was the only one brave enough to sell her parts and weapons against her father's wishes? Or something along the lines

AkuNoOkami said:
Well it is very likely that her father has dealt with the Longshots, because he does supply arms to the mercs. Yes, it also could have been a longshot who attacked her, perhaps in vengeance for something her father did?
The two years before she went off to the army, her father wouldn't get her any equipment or anything for her zoid, so perhaps he was the only one brave enough to sell her parts and weapons against her father's wishes? Or something along the lines
If not that, the merc probably attacked her to scare her away from the Konig Wolf, wanting to claim it for themselves. Possibly both? If it was indeed a Longshot who attacked her, whoever it was probably got chewed out for it after the fact by the higher ups, and apologies were issued.

It's not 'selling' if Calisa happens to find Zoid weapons laying around in the mountains, and ends up losing a bag of money after tripping over said weapons. It's just business to Viktor, really. If asked about it from her father the mercs would probably just shrug their shoulders, and suggest she scavenged the gear. There's probably more than a few wrecked zoids buried in the snow in their territory.

@WritingMan

Viktor doesn't like to wear such things on his person, but his Gun Sniper probably has an emblem on it. I've yet to find an official insignia for the Longshots, but they do have a signature mark I'd think.

Both sounds like a pleasant idea.

Also, that works too. Which would establish their relationship as "business" associates in the most loose sense possible. I'm not sure where to go to make it further in depth, but I suppose it doesn't necessarily need to be.

@AkuNoOkami

Yeah, that sounds good for now. We can see where things go from here.

@WritingMan

Here, couldn't find anything better so this will be the emblem for the Longshots. Viktor probably has it on the chest of his Gun Sniper.

z0abyks.jpg

Alcesi's cup is not a cup. It is a portal to another dimension where only coffee exists. I'm onto you, you crafty old man!

@WritingMan @CloudyBlueDay @DamagedGlasses

Just so you know Ranking doesn't play into effect between troops and mercenaries. Essentially they just listen to their commanding officer/ liaison between the two parties. As long as they complete their job in a manner which is acceptable and don't endanger the rest of the squad and don't start fist fights rank means F- all. They aren't really held to the same strict rules. Now if the Merc attacks a soldier or puts them in direct danger then its a different stories and they would be punished accordingly.

Sorry for not clearing that up sooner, I was out to dinner with my family and hadn't read through all of the posts.

@WritingMan

Ahhh understandable. Technically everyone is military Mercenaries are just contracted instead of ranked. Her pilot is a transport guard who contracted her skills cause her kid was abducted.

Speaking of mercs and chain of command, Der Kojote's first post mentions his dude Jacob Saunders is the 'liaison to the mercenary and civilian recruits,' but is there anyone else the mercs should answer to?

At this moment Kojos character is acting as a commander. There will most likely be one NPC as Captain Rain who would be the CO

Shura said:
At this moment Kojos character is acting as a commander. There will most likely be one NPC as Captain Rain who would be the CO
Thank God it's not Hoss. He would absolutely hate the paperwork, and the job in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back