• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yu-Gi-Oh!

MarkNorbert

I don't believe I have yet to have found a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP on this site. Either way, I'm curious to see how many people are actually interested in such an RP.

To make things more interesting, I'm thinking we should have our decks composed of cads made by us -cards that already exist are included- with balanced effects.

Also, to get rid of "The situation is super bad, but I manage to draw the one card I need" cliche, I'm thinking to somehow to make the cards come out randomly.

During duels, we should type a field, or imitation of it to keep track of things.

What do you think?

I don't know, but I'm still interesting on roleolaying.

I tried to start a Yugioh RP, but never caught on, of course I made it when I just joined.

You know we could use dueling network to duel each other.

Not sure if it will work, I mean, we are going to use our own created arch-types. The plot isn't real, just curious how many people are interested.

Well you could use duel portal for custom cards then of course this is thinking you want an in depth battle system.

Euther way I'm in

Ive considered getting back into Yugioh. I could join if you wanted, but I dont think many more will be intrested

Well, it's alright if there aren't many people joining. We could RP like GX, going into an academy, going up against other duelist, or we could go into a championship. What do you guys prefer?

Sounds cool. Would be interested to join. But how are we going to draw cards randomly to avoid that cliche part, I wonder?

Well, using something to randomize the cards and the result will be the card drawn. I'll look for a program which will allow me to write letters rather than numbers. I'll figure it out.

Lucinde said:
I've always wanted to do a Yugioh rp but always thought it would be complicated xD
Well Duel Portal.us is a website to play yugooh online with custom cards.

@Norbetm You may have to look foe help via google, at times the website is, eggh, to some people. But I can get on fine

@NorbertM

I'm in a 1 on 1 RP with it. We both use dice to decide who wins when we duel each other or for controversial calls. You could assign each card a number and use a random number generator.

We also use bold whenever we summon or destroy a card or activate a card effect. It doesn't take too much work, but we don't really argue about stuff because we both just want to have fun.

i think either an academy seeting or a Team Championship would work

if you're looking for a random generator, Random.org is all you need. YOu have to enter the cards seperatly but... hey, it works.

Cayo said:
I'm in a 1 on 1 RP with it. We both use dice to decide who wins when we duel each other or for controversial calls. You could assign each card a number and use a random number generator.
We also use bold whenever we summon or destroy a card or activate a card effect. It doesn't take too much work, but we don't really argue about stuff because we both just want to have fun.
Why not dueling network.com ?

Is it because you don't want to play the real game?

NoviceOfRoleplay said:
Why not dueling network.com ?
Is it because you don't want to play the real game?
We don't want to. We just want to write and have fun. Focus on the story and character development, the writing part. My character could be the worst duelist ever, I don't really care.

For something larger like this, a system would work much better and be more fair. I feel like the dueling network is a bit too much to ask. It takes away from creativity and the writing aspect of RPing.

[dice]6599[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cayo said:
We don't want to. We just want to write and have fun. Focus on the story and character development, the writing part. My character could be the worst duelist ever, I don't really care.
For something larger like this, a system would work much better and be more fair. I feel like the dueling network is a bit too much to ask. It takes away from creativity and the writing aspect of RPing.
So a custom card system like Duel Portal is out if the question too?

If so, what about rolling a die every time you would draw to decide how powerful of a card you get?

You could try a 1-40 die roll. Again, assign each card a number before the RP begins.

that sounda like the exact same as usuing a random generator

Hwo we go bout it shouldnt causwe too many issues. IT should be easy for evryone

er, to go into more detail, it needs to work. SOmething like Dueling Network could work, we would just have to RP everything in the chat and the copy and paste... its been done, trust me. On the whole, if you wanted to do something like a random generator, you would have to display the results to encourage no cheating...bt then everyone knows what's coming up.

On the whole, anything works as long as we figure out what we're doing.

Custom cards is hard because there is always the problem of making cards too OP.

I think it would be a good idea to make a few player specific cards. Like Dark Magician for Yugi and maybe even a set like the E-Heroes for Jayden.

Ehh, I trust people to not godmod with

I Win

Spell Card

I win the duel > :)

The GM can probably handle that(with our help too)

So what kinda archetype/Ace would you have?(Custom or from the real game)

I'm thinking of having Weevil's Great Moth cards. I love the whole wait till it hatches theme.

I absolutely love dragons, but I've also used a Six-Samurai deck. Both can be really good.

If I ever go against a stupid stall deck in this, I will probably cry... They dry me insane...

Six-Samurai's don't really go with Dragons. You could try a warrior-dragon deck, but those are difficult to pull off. Most require specific card combos that are hard to execute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back