Wyld Whispers on the Wind (OOC) [A Legacy of Dreams and Destruction]

I was just wondering the same thing.

To facilitate discussion, where would we want our Wyld Freehold to be? It doesn't have to be in the South. What kind of aesthetic would we want for it? The Creation one was easy because it was leading out of Creation, but the Wyld is well wild. Thoughts?

Well... I always liked the Lapis Court, but that's in the South again, so if the other players want more diversity: I don't care that much.

We could have the Wyld one in the far north to balance things out? Equilibrium, bitches!?

Seriously, I all over love the style of the south, arabian nights simply rocks. But I could go for the west also, magical islands... Or the east, lots of green... Don't care. I'll leave that one up to the other guys... If they still live.

Errr but seriously, you guys, you other players are getting me worried. This thing has been open for quite some time and the only one to give a little info on what he's doing was Atrius.

I don't want this thing to be a stillbirth.

I won't let that happen. I will open it up to new people if I need to. I will get RL friends on this site if I need to. I will play a one on one PbP game with Cry if I need to. I will make duplicate accounts and fill in the spots myself if I need to.

I'm still here but this game feels... Oh, how to put it... Empty at the moment. Like we're all in the hollowed-out innards of some larger creature. Metaphorically speaking, at least...

Don't ask me why, but it's a feeling I have.

Let's fill it, then. ^^ Seriously, isn't that to expected if there's only one character so far and no contributions to the freehold?

Won't that problem eliminate itself once we get started?

It's a motivation and timing thing, methinks.

I'd suggest the West for the Wyldfreehold: it's got a nice symmetry with the burnt deserts of the South, and I get an image of a sort of hanging-garden jutting up from the waters, white as clean chalk and vaguely resembling the Greecian seaside.

I was upfront about how I wanted a player-driven game, and how the process would be rather collaborative.

Finals probably sap the energy out of a lot of people, but that would assume we are mostly students, which is not always a safe assumption to make.

Vehicular problems are my drain, but I think I've about got that settled....Anyway, I do like setting our wyld freehold in another direction....both for the 'change of scenery when we wish it as well as the utility, the ability to make it to the far side of creation in about a week...is rather impressive....

As to the other freehold's origins....What if upon The Thorn Of Desert Rose's stabilization, Brother and lover both sough out into the wyld Questing to find a means to restore. But irony strikes cruely in the depths of the wyld and The Discord of Steel on Steel was struck a mortal blow himself.....And Mourns in the Habit had little choice but to stablize Discord much as they had done with The Desert Rose....

The breakthrough might have been done by Mourns in the Habit or even by us OathBorn......

Thoughts...?

Okay... I thought I'd wait for a little more input from you guys but I gues that ain't happening. Posted the creation-freehold's stronghold... Or at least the beta version, if you will.

Hope you guys will get a little more into this over the next few days.

I've tried writing my own but it just doesn't come out to my satisfaction.

Sorry if that's letting people down:(

I will be glad to lend a hand, the attempt was enough. It is just, especially with the nature of the Fae, you guys should have a hand in crafting your world IMO.

Sorry I have been absent, first my computer went all janky then my car followed suit. I am going to get sleep, go look for a job tomorrow, then crank some of this out.

I'm writing up Celebrimbor and having some trouble achieving what I'd hoped for... Would it be possible to go one glamour over the limit for Assumption charms?

Edit: Celebrimbor's background is up. If there's anyone in our group who feels they would be adept at offering solace to the wounded slayer of gods, it'd be appreciated if we could do something to make him more willing to come out of his shell.

You do have three assumptions O.o so it is understandable that you are hurting for gossamer. It seems fairly harmless, you and everyone else can have one more gossamer for their active assumption with review of the active charms.

Hurray! Well, most of Celebrimbor's power is not derived from fancy charms but from pure physical prowess. As such, yes, he's quite dependent on gossamer and assumptions. Not that he doesn't have a few fun tricks up his sleeves, mind you...

I was wondering, though: Don't all Noble Raksha get Birth ooo for just being Noble Raksha? Perhaps not if they were raised from commoners but, as all of ours are oath-born, shouldn't they get it automatically? I ask, not to squeeze out more points (though that would be helpful), but to clarify something in the rules.

Edit: Also, it just occurred to me that an Anugraha Oath is more appropriate to Celebrimbor than a Srishti Oath for the same effect.

There are not actual rules that say that Birth is doled out as such, just it's description, which can be taken as fluffyness versus crunchyness. There is the possibility of being more in tune with your birth as someone said here earlier, or some other waving of the hand.

I do like to use them as rule, and I was going to give birth 3 to everyone, but there was some contention because if I was going to give it to you it wasn't going to be raised, so everyone would have birth 3 no matter how much they wanted to raise it.

Also, you tricky bastard, you changed what assumptions you were going to have active, I thought you just had your Assumptions and a pox, not you pull all of this elemental control trickery out. It's all good.

huh, I thought that was just me....

But that's cool, between him doing the earth/fire and me with air/water...we got 4 out of 5 down....

I guess I got confused at what character I was looking at. Oh well, it is all good.

I am gonna spend some quality time with the misses (I have tried to get her into Exalted but NOOoooo), so hopefully I will be able to sit down tomorrow afternoon and let the juices flow forth and congeal into our missing pieces. Dirty.

I actually DID originally want to have Elemental Evocation and such but the limitations on choices of charms (5 being required from your favoured Graces, Sword and Ring in my case) kept me from selecting them.

Probably for the best, as it means I must select charms to craft with and fit his background, as well as a Sword Charm or two.

I'm currently sans internet at home, I'll be scarce around these parts till monday or tuesday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back