• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern When Hell Freezes Over

Thane Korino] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26007-shiki-kenju/ said:
@Shiki Kenju[/URL] hey, how are you doing? Is everything alright?
Everything is fine, I'm very sorry for the delay. I had some issues at the university, and I hope that it's not going to happen again. This is unforgivable, I know, but gimme one more chance!

@Shiki Kenju Do you think I've lost my mind, or is this merely a puzzlingly specific detail to notice? It seems weird to me that a kitchen wouldn't have some kind of waste bin (for food scraps at the very least), and I have trouble envisioning a scenario where any (even halfway) sane individual would feel compelled to steal trash cans. How about you?

OdysseyImperfect said:
@Shiki Kenju Do you think I've lost my mind, or is this merely a puzzlingly specific detail to notice? It seems weird to me that a kitchen wouldn't have some kind of waste bin (for food scraps at the very least), and I have trouble envisioning a scenario where any (even halfway) sane individual would feel compelled to steal trash cans. How about you?
Absolutely no ideas about trash can conspirancy. I mean, it may lead somwhere, but I can't think of anything. You may say that trash can concern is a result of Dale's paranoia.

[QUOTE="Shiki Kenju]Absolutely no ideas about trash can conspirancy. I mean, it may lead somwhere, but I can't think of anything. You may say that trash can concern is a result of Dale's paranoia.

[/QUOTE]
You're probably right as far as it being a result of Dale's paranoia, I suppose we'll see how things stack up going forward.

Shiki Kenju] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/25048-odysseyimperfect/ said:
@OdysseyImperfect[/URL] , when Dale "picked up as much of the pile as he could" in your previous post, what exactly he took from the kitchen? Just asking to avoid time paradox.
Not a problem, I would imagine he probably grabbed the five containers of spices, one of the bottles of purple liquid (wine?), and the small box of lemon candies. Hope this clears things up.

Sorry if the last sentence about searching through multiple rooms could be considered as "taking too many actions" I thought it may be a bit faster than taking several posts to explicitly search out each room. However if you want me to change it, just say something and I'll be happy to do so.

Eh you can go ahead. It bumps up the pacing a bit, I guess though I kind of lean toward the slower pacing to create more atmosphere but it is, well slow. On another note, it may be a bit of an issue in case something particularly jumps out or happens in a room or an area in the future. So I . could probably try to say you were cut off exploring at some point, or perhaps some other route?

Also, I've been a bit lazy and a bit busy to come up with a name for the language. So I'll be taking some suggestions if that's alright with you two?

Thanks. I can understand your concern about the pacing and about having stuff jump out through a search, if you want it to go with the "cut off while exploring at some point" I'm fine with it. In this case I figured it was probably reasonable to request something like this since Farah didn't seem to get her face mauled off by anything in the bedrooms or just by coming near the bathroom (though the "laundry room" may yield a different result).

As for the language, I suppose you could just mish-mash the first few letters together of each nation and get something like: Camido, Docami, or Micado as an option for what it is officially known as. Unless Shiki has a better suggestion.

Have nothing to suggest on that, but "Camido" sounds good to me. Maybe in the past all three countries were under one rule, having international language.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Thane Korino

I think you meant to type Dimitri instead of Dale in the first section of your last post (# 67), unless Dale has suddenly gained the ability of bilocation. Also, just to clarify, is the “Starting to wonder who lived here with this kind of stuff around still..” piece an inner dialogue, or is it something she has said out loud?

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]Not feeling well, not going to post today.

[/QUOTE]
Get well soon, we can't go on without you.

Uh... don't kill me, please? I want to post regularly, I really do, but sometimes I just can't, and I forget to mention it here, forgive me for this. You can't behead me twice, after all.

@Shiki Kenju

Technically you can be beheaded twice, you'd just need someone to sew it back on and possibly to raise you from the dead. Thankfully, I know a thing or two about necromancy so if Thane's got the guillotine or blades well... you may want to be wary of dark vans and unlit alleyways for a while.

However, I do see something I'm a bit confused on in your last post. The "He should stay near them to avoid such situations, probably..." phrase seems to have come out of nowhere and/or appears kind of strangely phrased.

@OdysseyImperfect

Feels like I've been brought back from the dead at least twelve times. It's awful. Is that your doing?

Dimitri came to this conclusion because the wheelchair stopped acting strange after you сame down to the first floor. But I can change it, if it is too much of an eyesore.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shiki Kenju

Eh, you get used to it after the 37th time or so. Take it as a compliment, I only bring back people whose company I enjoy. As for the revision, I think it flows much better now, thank you.

@Thane Korino

Dale didn't verbally accuse Dimitri of poisoning the cookies, but the nervous movements and his suggestion to try the cookies led to Dale to be suspicious of them. Technically he just grabbed the lemon candies (but hasn't yet eaten one), provided an excuse choosing the lemon over the chocolate chip, and expected either Dimitri to eat one of his own cookies (which may prove they weren't poisoned) or for Farah to serve as a "guinea pig" to test if they were poisoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back