What region do you base your games in (and why)?

What region do you base your games in?

• The Blessed Isle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The East

• The South

• The West

• The North

• Alternate Plane (Underworld, Yu-Shan, etc)

• Other

• Total voters
I have it in the east, I find the area very interesting, and the majority of the rulebooks I own describe this area in detail.

Currently, my game is based between Nexus and a town I created near the southern jungles.

My first game (Solars) centered around Nexus.

My second (and current) mixed game was based out of Great Forks, but is now for the most part covering a 6 or so mile area around their odd as hell wood/earth manse in the Ten Tribes area.

I usually go with either the East or the West, but more commonly I run in the East, Kingdom of Halta is my favorite kingdom/collection of cities in the game.

usually I set mine in the east, I like swamps and jungles. there are so many ways to die that I can just smile and my players get nervous. :twisted:  I also like setting games in Nexus. jumping from roof top to roof top while fighting ninjas, that's all I have to say about that.

I have run three campaigns in the East. I have put a strong Asian influence on my campaigns there. Though in the future I would love to create a Southern campaign.

i think that the creators of Exalted had a thing for the scavanger lands. and as a result the eastern cities are very fleshed out.

we have

Nexus- the place where anything can happen and anything is for sale

Great Forks- you a magic user, thats ok so is everybody else

Lookshy- because we all dig giant robots and warriors in power armor.

Thorns- great zombies, thats a lot of zombies.

the only city that gets as much useage as those is Chairoscuro.

Im going with the north, the cold climate makes for good atmosphere with which conceptually you can run with, tons of stuff buried under the snow, and threats everywhere in creation are right on your door step here

i just started STing exalted, and by far like the east the most. the whole potential the region has is astaonding, and it looks like it's big enough for me to bury my mistakes in.

It is the most pro Solars and I like that I do want the players to involve themselves into politics and so on.

My first game started in the north east, then travelled all around creation, literally.

The Zenith was trying to get sorcery so he travelled to each pole (with party in tow) to recover artifacts, etc..

It was a lot of fun.

My new game I'm thinking of basing in the Southeast near An-Teng, and then having the party travel about a bit.

I am currently running a game set in the West. I have also run a short game in the South. I find these two settings the most interesting, and will probably set my next campaign in the South.

Almost every game I've played in has been run in the Scavanger Lands, which is the default choice for Storytellers, and is in many ways the most generic. I want to make use of the terrestrial directions that offer a lot of new types of adventure and include elements that most Storytellers never really play with.

--Kkat

Our game is a DB focused story that's set, mostly, on the Blessed Isle, but has also included a significant amount in the Scavenger Lands.

I finally went with other. It's all of the above. Games can be in any region. I've run games in the North, South, East, and the Blessed Isle, in alternate worlds, and more. I've never run a game that stayed based in the West. Still, most of my games, eventually end up being focused on Creation as a whole, not just one location.

I find myself running city based games anymore. The city and maybe its general area. I can do lots with it, really.

City games can be a lot of fun. The various cities of Creation have a lot of potential.

That leads to the question though: which cities do you prefer to set your games in?

I've seriously considered having a game set in Gem.

--Kkat

Kkat said:
City games can be a lot of fun. The various cities of Creation have a lot of potential.
That leads to the question though: which cities do you prefer to set your games in?

I've seriously considered having a game set in Gem.

--Kkat
Gem? It exists right now?

Okay, really, that's mostly a joke from 1E, where half the adventures and plots randomly included the destruction of Gem in them somehow. Occasionally more than once...in the same adventure and plot.

As for what cities...I've used Chiarascuro a few times, people've visited many cities, I've had a school kid DB game in Arjuf, I really want to get a Lookshy game going that lasts more than a few sessions. Great Forks looks interesting, but I've not really made much use of it. One game rebuilt an ancient city from the ground up and repopulated it with a mixture of local barbarians, less local barbarians, and various people collected from elsewhere, though it's likely to see hard times in the future...if the whole Bubonic Plague +5 Epidemic, Zombie Army Attack, Realm Legions Attack, War with the Bull of the North and more didn't count as such already. Though adding the survivors of the Bull of the North's forces to their city was a sizeable victory...stealing the Warstriders of the Realm Legions that attacked didn't hurt either...though not having either the Hearthstones or the pilots to really make use of them effectively, along with their own small fleet of Skyships at the same time...meant that really, they were some really, really impressive paperweights.

Gem? It exists right now?
Okay, really, that's mostly a joke from 1E, where half the adventures and plots randomly included the destruction of Gem in them somehow. Occasionally more than once...in the same adventure and plot.
Okay, I'm curious now! What ways was Gem set for destruction in 1E?

Not only have I considered it a setting for an online game this summer, but in the game I'm currently running, it is one of two cities that fall to Deathlords during the "downtime" next session. (The other is Lookshy.)

As for what cities...I've used Chiarascuro a few times, people've visited many cities, I've had a school kid DB game in Arjuf,
Oh very cool! The first Exalted game I ever played was a school-kid game set on the Blessed Isle. It got me into Exalted. Amazing game. (I can't remember which city, but we were attending a school for kids expected to exalt as DB... so of course we were fated to exalt as Solars!)

One game rebuilt an ancient city from the ground up and repopulated it with a mixture of local barbarians, less local barbarians, and various people collected from elsewhere, though it's likely to see hard times in the future...
Somewhat inspired by Keychain of Creation, I'm been curious about setting a game in a flying city (which would probably not start off as airworthy. One of the other four Platforms, specifically.

--Kkat

At least one, usually two or three, of the characters in our game always seem to be in the Imperial City. Quite a lot of the game revolves around political and dynastic intrigue, the Palace, the Deliberative, etc.

I really like the south. Something about the potential mysteries concealed within it's unending dunes enchants me.

I like the East and in particulary the Scavenger Lands. Many powers in short distance to deal with. Especially Nexus is simply great. *need more civilities* :)

GraySky said:
I really like the south. Something about the potential mysteries concealed within it's unending dunes enchants me.
oooh! Yes, I feel the same way. So much potential in the South!

--Kkat

Well let's see...

Overall, I really don't have a preference for settings. Depends on the campaign. Solars in the South, Lunars in the North, D-Bloods and Abyssals in the East, Sidereals in Heaven...

In one of my campaigns, I actually cross Exalted with a number of animes (Sidereals with Sailor Moon was one of my favorites in this case), in which I note that all the anime worlds are actually parts of Creation separated from the rest of the world during the Fair Folk attack.

Kkat said:
Okay, I'm curious now! What ways was Gem set for destruction in 1E?
Not only have I considered it a setting for an online game this summer, but in the game I'm currently running, it is one of two cities that fall to Deathlords during the "downtime" next session. (The other is Lookshy.)
Um. IIRC, it and Paragon get destroyed by FaFL in one of the potential plots in Abyssals, it gets destroyed not once but TWICE a SINGLE Locust Crusade plot in the Autocthonians, first by the Locusts, then by the Kukla. I think it also gets destroyed in some sort of fiery cataclysm in another plot in that book...I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple other plots, but I didn't usually surf that section of the books, so I'm unsure of details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back