• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy We're Holidays Too! Character Sheets

Alright, could you just review the changes I suggested in my last post? I don't know if it's right or not.

The insta-kill weapon has to go. That is pretty much non-negotiable. I cannot accept instant death, or the metagaming starts

Change the CS to reflect everything else and I'll accept 

The insta-kill weapon has to go. That is pretty much non-negotiable. I cannot accept instant death, or the metagaming starts

Change the CS to reflect everything else and I'll accept 

Okay, done. Not sure this is gonna work like I thought now, but I'll try.

Appearance:

original.jpg

Name: Phillip Pryce

Species: Holiday Spirit

Associated Holiday: Boxing Day

Holiday Date: December 26, usually

Personality: A certified clerk, Phillip is very much a businessman. His one goal is profit, usually on Boxing Day, and the strengthening of world economy, using whatever means he deems necessary. Ironically, his associated holiday is the day when the prices of goods drop by massive amounts.

Backstory: Phillip has his origins rooted with the Christmases of the 17th century, when the “Christmas-box” was first introduced. However, it was only in the late 20th century when he was actually given shape in the form of the official holiday “Boxing Day”. Since then, his objective has changed from rewarding the workers of the world by giving them presents to making as much money as possible.

Weapon(s): A small box from which he can pull or shoot various items from stores.

Magic Element: Money

Abilities: Phillip is very good at mathematics, capable of processing complex calculations in his head in a matter of nanoseconds. He can summon a form of money (coins, notes, credit cards, etc.) from any currency of his choice and weaponise it. He also knows a little bit of kickboxing.

Weaknesses: Phillip has quite a lithe frame and can be relatively easily knocked down. He feels personally insulted whenever he sees someone acting derogatory towards money.

Additional questions:

Other than your Holiday date, about what time does your Holiday Spirit increase?

“My Spirit increases a small amount whenever a shop holds a price reduction sale. As such, I usually maintain a minimum power level throughout the year due to the ambient background specials.”

Do you hate Christmas?

“Of course not. I ride on the aftershocks of Christmas. Without it, the rate of successful sales on Boxing Day would decrease drastically.”

Does Christmas intrude on your holiday?

“Yes, but not as much as you’d think. Who would continue to celebrate Christmas when it’s already over?”

Appearance:

2iw6k41.jpg

Name: "Oliver Dunmond, sir or madam."

Species: "I am the Servant to Mr. Jack."

Associated Holiday: "All Hallow's Eve, or as many in the modern day call it, Halloween."

Holiday Date: "The 31st day of the 10th month."

Personality: "Some people would call me strict, I suppose, but I say I'm more stern than that. I prefer to be on time with things and have known to be "cold and emotionless", but whatever. Much like Mr. Jack however, I can be quite the trickster. I will do anything to protect my master and would willingly fight for him. N-Not that he can't defend himself that is. If you have any sweets on you though, I will gladly take them off your hands."

Backstory: "All that you need to know is that I was made to serve Mr. Jack and that is what I plan on doing."

Weapon(s): "A simple pair of Kama, which are much like miniature scythes or sickles if you want to put it that way."

Magic Element: "That would be darkness, sir or madam."

Abilities

Spook Shade: "I can manipulate one's shadow into whatever I desire. However the shadow is incapable of harm."

Vast Smog: "I can turn the air of a single space to be a suffocating smog for at most 30 minutes. Not useful for killing."

Semi-Prehensile Tail: "My tail is semi-prehensile, meaning I can use it to hold things or like another hand, but I can't hold myself up with it. I guess that makes up for my unusable wings in a way."

Weaknesses: "I find myself weak and vulnerable in extreme temperatures, be it heat or cold. Also, anything holy or blessed? Yeah better keep that away from me."

Theme Song:

• Other than your Holiday date, about what time does your Holiday Spirit increase? "Around the same times as Mr. Jack's does, but his spirit is by far stronger."
  • Do you hate Christmas? "I do not like nor dislike him, but that opinion could change depending on my master's stance."
  • Does Christmas intrude on your holiday? "Yes, as Mr. Jack has said."

Appearance:

2iw6k41.jpg

Name: "Oliver Dunmond, sir or madam."

Species: "I am the Servant to Mr. Jack."

Associated Holiday: "All Hallow's Eve, or as many in the modern day call it, Halloween."

Holiday Date: "The 31st day of the 10th month."

Personality: "Some people would call me strict, I suppose, but I say I'm more stern than that. I prefer to be on time with things and have known to be "cold and emotionless", but whatever. Much like Mr. Jack however, I can be quite the trickster. I will do anything to protect my master and would willingly fight for him. N-Not that he can't defend himself that is. If you have any sweets on you though, I will gladly take them off your hands."

Backstory: "All that you need to know is that I was made to serve Mr. Jack and that is what I plan on doing."

Weapon(s): "A simple pair of Kama, which are much like miniature scythes or sickles if you want to put it that way."

Magic Element: "That would be darkness, sir or madam."

Abilities

Spook Shade: "I can manipulate one's shadow into whatever I desire. However the shadow is incapable of harm."

Vast Smog: "I can turn the air of a single space to be a suffocating smog for at most 30 minutes. Not useful for killing."

Semi-Prehensile Tail: "My tail is semi-prehensile, meaning I can use it to hold things or like another hand, but I can't hold myself up with it. I guess that makes up for my unusable wings in a way."

Weaknesses: "I find myself weak and vulnerable in extreme temperatures, be it heat or cold. Also, anything holy or blessed? Yeah better keep that away from me."

Theme Song:

• Other than your Holiday date, about what time does your Holiday Spirit increase? "Around the same times as Mr. Jack's does, but his spirit is by far stronger."
  • Do you hate Christmas? "I do not like nor dislike him, but that opinion could change depending on my master's stance."
  • Does Christmas intrude on your holiday? "Yes, as Mr. Jack has said."

Appearance:

Name: Phillip Pryce

Associated Holiday: Boxing Day

Holiday Date: December 26, usually

Personality: A certified clerk, Phillip is very much a businessman. His one goal is profit, usually on Boxing Day, and the strengthening of world economy, using whatever means he deems necessary. Ironically, his associated holiday is the day when the prices of goods drop by massive amounts.

Backstory: Phillip has his origins rooted with the Christmases of the 17th century, when the “Christmas-box” was first introduced. However, it was only in the late 20th century when he was actually given shape in the form of the official holiday “Boxing Day”. Since then, his objective has changed from rewarding the workers of the world by giving them presents to making as much money as possible.

Weapon(s): A small box from which he can pull or shoot various items from stores.

Magic Element: Money

Abilities: Phillip is very good at mathematics, capable of processing complex calculations in his head in a matter of nanoseconds. He can summon a form of money (coins, notes, credit cards, etc.) from any currency of his choice and weaponise it. He also knows a little bit of kickboxing.

Weaknesses: Phillip has quite a lithe frame and can be relatively easily knocked down. He feels personally insulted whenever he sees someone acting derogatory towards money.

Additional questions:

Other than your Holiday date, about what time does your Holiday Spirit increase?

“My Spirit increases a small amount whenever a shop holds a price reduction sale. As such, I usually maintain a minimum power level throughout the year due to the ambient background specials.”

Do you hate Christmas?

“Of course not. I ride on the aftershocks of Christmas. Without it, the rate of successful sales on Boxing Day would decrease drastically.”

Does Christmas intrude on your holiday?

“Yes, but not as much as you’d think. Who would continue to celebrate Christmas when it’s already over?”

@KorSide

Accepted all of yous

Post at Will.

Hello, I am new to this site so I shall ask - may I join in? :3

Question - does it have to be those holidays on the main thread? Or would I be allowed to make, say for example, a St. Patrick's Day character?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness...is that you capt falcon?

"Wink wink"

@the f

Hello, I am new to this site so I shall ask - may I join in? :3

Question - does it have to be those holidays on the main thread? Or would I be allowed to make, say for example, a St. Patrick's Day 

Oh my, Is this capt falcon?

"Wink wink"

Name - Seamus O'Brian

Species - Holiday Spirit

Associated Holiday - St. Patrick's Day

Appearance - This, but he is actually wearing green. And the top hat, of course, which some lucky charms. I'll redraw this at a later point, but for now, this will do.

tumblr_nlec8j4Kzi1u9eqhio1_1280.png

Holiday Date - 17th March

Personality - Rowdy when drunk (which is pretty much all the time) but pretty quiet when/if sober. Probably because of the hangovers. Enjoys a good laugh, but if you mock him...welp.

Back Story - I'll need help with this. I don't know what would fit.

Weapon(s) - Anything that happens to be near him at the time. Chairs, tables etcetera. He also uses his fists, which have horseshoes strapped to them.

Magic Element - Luck O' The Irish.

Abilities - Aura of Luck - If something luck based happens to Seamus, chances are it'll work in his favour. For example, if he flipped a coin and called heads, it would be more like a 75%/25% chance of it being heads. Alternatively, it also would mean that his enemies are unlucky.

- Drink of Healing - When he drinks his booze, it heals his wounds and gives his a slight strength boost for a minute. This technically applies to if others drank it, but chances are, unless they are drinkers themselves, they'd become drunk. It only works if he downs the whole pint, which takes him about 6 seconds.

- Fortune's Boon - If he were to take a killing blow, luck would intervene and stop it. This can only happen three times a day.

Weaknesses - Sudden bright lights.

Theme Song - "All For Me Grog."

Other Times - Friday nights, where work has just finished and everyone goes out for a few rounds. Could also be any other time of merriment.

Christmas? - "Eh, he's alright. 'Ell, I reckon he'd have a chance in a drinking contest against me! Haha!"

Intrude? - "Neh, not really."

How does one change the colour of their text?

Well you see, there's this button you click that is an "A" with a line underneath it. It's in the bar above where you type a response. Then you chose a color from the ones provided, and the text will be that color!

Name - Seamus O'Brian

Species - Holiday Spirit

Associated Holiday - St. Patrick's Day

Appearance - This, but he is actually wearing green. And the top hat, of course, which some lucky charms. I'll redraw this at a later point, but for now, this will do.

Holiday Date - 17th March

Personality - Rowdy when drunk (which is pretty much all the time) but pretty quiet when/if sober. Probably because of the hangovers. Enjoys a good laugh, but if you mock him...welp.

Back Story - I'll need help with this. I don't know what would fit.

Weapon(s) - Anything that happens to be near him at the time. Chairs, tables etcetera. He also uses his fists, which have horseshoes strapped to them.

Magic Element - Luck O' The Irish.

Abilities - Aura of Luck - If something luck based happens to Seamus, chances are it'll work in his favour. For example, if he flipped a coin and called heads, it would be more like a 75%/25% chance of it being heads. Alternatively, it also would mean that his enemies are unlucky.

- Drink of Healing - When he drinks his booze, it heals his wounds and gives his a slight strength boost for a minute. This technically applies to if others drank it, but chances are, unless they are drinkers themselves, they'd become drunk. It only works if he downs the whole pint, which takes him about 6 seconds.

- Fortune's Boon - If he were to take a killing blow, luck would intervene and stop it. This can only happen three times a day.

Weaknesses - Sudden bright lights.

Theme Song - "All For Me Grog."

Other Times - Friday nights, where work has just finished and everyone goes out for a few rounds. Could also be any other time of merriment.

Christmas? - "Eh, he's alright. 'Ell, I reckon he'd have a chance in a drinking contest against me! Haha!"

Intrude? - "Neh, not really."

Accepted

China.(Female).full.459653.jpg

Name:

Che Huamei (Huanmei Che - English Order)

Species: 

Holiday Spirit 

Associated Holiday:

Chinese  New Year/Spring Festival/Lunar New Year

Holiday Date:

February 8th in 2016/January 28th in 2017

(It ends on the day of the Lantern Festival )

Personality:

Huamei has a outgoing and friendly person that is rather energetic. She has a lot of  energy and is especially so on her holiday which she loves dearly. She has a special love for bright colors and myths because of the firework displays on her day and the fact the holiday is influenced by  a few myths itself. Although she is nice most of the time like every other person she can become hostile in some situations when angered but she doesn't hold grudges  that often unless it's something that really upsets her. 

Weapon(s):

"Hmm...I have a lantern...and a nice cleaver that I keep on me!"

Magic Element:

Moonlight

Abilities: 

Set it Off- Huamei can conjure firecracker like (or if she has the proper ingredients firework like)  explosions to distract or injure a person though she needs flash powder to do this and if it goes near her she'll be hurt herself instead.

Animal of the Year- Depending on what animal it was of the current year (or the previous year if the Chinese Festival hadn't been celebrated yet) she can transform into it for a temporary amount of time.

Weaknesses: 

Myths are one of them since she tends to believe those kind of things easily and dragons make her uneasy when Chinese New Year's is over. The mention of the Nian also freaks her out.  Elements that physically weaken her are water, air, and ice or the cold in general really. 

Theme Song: 

None currently

Additional Questions

• Other than your Holiday date, about what time does your Holiday Spirit increase?

"When someone honors a Chinese deity I gain a little more power."

• Do you hate Christmas?

"I have no reason to most of the time so I don't hate him really."

• Does Christmas intrude on your holiday?

"Not at all since we're usually a good distance apart from each other's dates of celebration!...That is If you're talking  about a Western Christmas."

@Kylesar1

eae47603427fd541d4fd99a5e8569fc5.jpg

Sir. Alistar April 

Associated Holiday: April Fool's Day

Holiday Date: April 1st

Personality:

Charming, cunning and clearly sarcastic, Alistar is a man of many tricks and none of them you must enjoy. He takes pride in laughter that comes from the surprise or sorrow of others, also well educated and traveled as a seasoned performer to all audiences. Although he finds ironic that the status of his holiday is also taken as a joke. 

Backstory: Alistar's holiday used to have purpose and was appreciated with great elaboration, he despises the fact that as centuries pass the good humor he used to find in his participator's tricks is now gone. Nothing no longer surprises the man anymore but what he didn't expect the surge in popularity other holidays have been experiences which over shadow his own, other sources of laughter he seemed not able to provide.

Weapon(s): A hat full of tricks and a whip.

Magic Element: Illusion

Abilities: 

> Illusions of varying sizes that affect the vision of the victim, from taking them to non-existent places to forcing them to fight fictional demons. 

> Bending reality, making shortcuts in clear open spaces to make for fast transportation.

> Materializing items out of the hat, from a paper clip to a large rabbit.

Weaknesses: 

> Realistic people

> Light, reveals all his tricks.

Theme Song: ((A ballad for the unsurprising and rarely magical))

Additional Questions

• Other than your Holiday date, about what time does your Holiday Spirit increase?

Late February to the whole month of April, occasions where a lot of people get surprised, laugh or are pissed off. (Halloween could be one)

• Do you hate Christmas?

Alistar is mildly irradiated by its popularity, jealous as well but he doesn't completely hate it yet. 

Indirectly yes, as it has many parallels and makes the holiday look redundant. (giving presents that surprise people) 

Name:

Che Huamei (Huanmei Che - English Order)

Species: 

Holiday Spirit 

Associated Holiday:

Chinese  New Year/Spring Festival/Lunar New Year

Holiday Date:

February 8th in 2016/January 28th in 2017

(It ends on the day of the Lantern Festival )

Personality:

Chun-Yan has a outgoing and friendly person that is rather energetic. She has a lot of  energy and is especially so on her holiday which she loves dearly. She has a special love for bright colors and myths because of the firework displays on her day and the fact the holiday is influenced by  a few myths itself. Although she is nice most of the time like every other person she can become hostile in some situations when angered but she doesn't hold grudges  that often unless it's something that really upsets her. 

Weapon(s):

"Hmm...I have a lantern...and a nice cleaver that I keep on me!"

Magic Element:

Moonlight

Abilities: 

Set it Off- Chun-Yan can conjure firecracker like (or if she has the proper ingredients firework like)  explosions to distract or injure a person though she needs flash powder to do this and if it goes near her she'll be hurt herself instead.

Animal of the Year- Depending on what animal it was of the current year (or the previous year if the Chinese Festival hadn't been celebrated yet) she can transform into it for a temporary amount of time.

Weaknesses: 

Myths are one of them since she tends to believe those kind of things easily and dragons make her uneasy when Chinese New Year's is over. The mention of the Nian also freaks her out.  Elements that physically weaken her is water, air, and ice or the cold in general.

Theme Song: 

None currently

Additional Questions

"When someone honors a Chinese deity I gain a little more power."

• Do you hate Christmas?

"I have no reason to most of the time so I don't hate him really."

"Not at all since we're usually a good distance apart from each other's dates of celebration!...That is If you're talking                about a Western Christmas."

@Kylesar1

View attachment 192071

Sir. Alistar April 

Associated Holiday: April Fool's Day

Holiday Date: April 1st

Personality:

Charming, cunning and clearly sarcastic, Alistar is a man of many tricks and none of them you must enjoy. He takes pride in laughter that comes from the surprise or sorrow of others, also well educated and traveled as a seasoned performer to all audiences. Although he finds ironic that the status of his holiday is also taken as a joke. 

Backstory: Alistar's holiday used to have purpose and was appreciated with great elaboration, he despises the fact that as centuries pass the good humor he used to find in his participator's tricks is now gone. Nothing no longer surprises the man anymore but what he didn't expect the surge in popularity other holidays have been experiences which over shadow his own, other sources of laughter he seemed not able to provide.

Weapon(s): A hat full of tricks and a whip.

Magic Element: Illusion

Abilities: 

> Illusions of varying sizes that affect the vision of the victim, from taking them to non-existent places to forcing them to fight fictional demons. 

> Bending reality, making shortcuts in clear open spaces to make for fast transportation.

> Materializing items out of the hat, from a paper clip to a large rabbit.

Weaknesses: 

> Realistic people

> Light, reveals all his tricks.

Theme Song: ((A ballad for the unsurprising and rarely magical))

Additional Questions

Late February to the whole month of April, occasions where a lot of people get surprised, laugh or are pissed off. (Halloween could be one)

• Do you hate Christmas?

Alistar is mildly irradiated by its popularity, jealous as well but he doesn't completely hate it yet. 

Indirectly yes, as it has many parallels and makes the holiday look redundant. (giving presents that surprise people) 

Very well done

Accepted!

Appearance:

525958610_682126.gif

Name: Anna

Species: Holiday Deity

Associated Holiday: Thanksgiving

Holiday Date: 3rd Thursday Of November (Depends)

Personality: Sporty/Fun/Silly/Kind/Stubborn/Annoying

Backstory: She was born on Thanksgiving and when she died, she became a spirit for it!

Weapon(s): Her pet turkey, Yumi. Her small knife she keeps in her bag.

Magic Element: Nature, because of fall

Abilities: Taming Wild Animals, Making tree's grow, trap people with vines

Weaknesses: Fire and lightning

Theme Song: {None yet, may find one later} 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back