• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern We'll Get Through This Together

goldcat16471

=^.^=
Roleplay Availability
goldcat16471 submitted a new role play:

We'll Get Through This Together - What adventures will occur when a group of orphaned teens escape the orphange?

Being teens trapped in the orphanage, it does not seem like your chances of getting adopted are very large. So what are you going to do?

Escape.

A group of teens stuck at the McRanell Orphanage have gotten together and made a plan. They were going to get out of this orphanage if it was the last thing they did. The likeliness of success did not seem to be going...

Read more about this role play...

overview

If you were a teen trapped in the orphanage, your chances of getting adopted do not appear very large. So what are you going to do?

Escape.

A group of teens stuck at the McRanell Orphanage have gotten together and made a plan. They were going to get out of this orphanage if it was the last thing they do. The likeliness of success did not seem to be going their way. However somehow, they managed to

succeed.

So where do they go now? What's going to happen to this group when the orphanage calls the authorities? Where will they hide? When will they be free?

So many questions...

But one thing is for sure...

We'll get through this together.

-------------------------------------------------------

The start of this roleplay begins a day after they escape, and they have made camp in an abandoned apartment. The teens are ages 14-17. It is set in the cities, summer time, 2014

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New joiners: If you are joining into this roleplay now, your character can meet up with ours and either be another escapee from the orphanage that left after the first group, or a teen living on the streets that's joined us.

maps

The Orphanage:

Wiki_Moscow_Orphanage,_Moskvoretskaya_Embankment.jpg

The Apartment:

68899287.jpg

Livingroom+Before+2.jpg

The apartment is now burned down...

May be added onto later.

rules

1. Be nice.

2. RpN rules apply.

3. Try to have a 3+ sentence reply. I understand sometimes it's not always easy, but at least have a reply to get your message across.

4. Try to have proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, although I know people make mistakes.

5. Try to balance out boys and girls on character sign up.

6. Romance is allowed, however, if things get too heated fade to black.

7. 3rd person point of view please.

8. Put "We'll stick together" somewhere in your character sign up to show you have read these rules.

9. Have fun! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassidy Gandore woke up in her sad excuse of a bed and looked around the apartment. The early morning sun shone through the window. It couldn't have been later than eight. Cassie was used to waking up early. That's how it was in the orphanage. Wake up early, go to bed early. Cassie usually stayed awake and tried to read though. Once she was fully awake the realization hit her that they weren't in the orphanage anymore. They were free. She could barely understand that thought as it circled through her mind. She sat up and looked at all the older kids. She was the youngest here. Maybe it should've frightened her, but she really didn't feel any different. They were all friends now right? After there escape episode, that's how she looked at them. However, she wasn't sure and wasn't about to ask them to find out. She grabbed out her book, the only extra possession she brought with her, and started to read, waiting for the others to wake.

Nicolette slowly woke up and yawned softly. Sitting up silently, she ran her fingers through her hair, making it look at least halfway decent. She looked around the apartment, and a small smile came to her face. They did it. They had escaped, and they were free. She picked up her guitar and songbook, situating each on her bed. She flipped through pages for a few minutes before resting on one of her favorite songs. She adjusted the guitar on her lap and started strumming softly, hoping not to wake anyone.

Tommy got up next, and shuffled across the room, he rubbed his faces as he walked. He body was unconsciously following the old steps he took in the orphanage to get to the restroom, and hit the side of the door, causing him to tumble and hit the other side, which woke him up a little bit more. He stumbled on one foot. He realized that all of the others were in the room and then tried to stop making noise, he looked around at everyone, then saw that Cassidy was awake. His heart jumped into his throat and he almost curse out loud, instead, he turned quickly, again slamming into the side of the wall before rolling away and making his way down the hallway toward the restroom.

"Are you kidding me Tommy!? Really!? Out of all the people to make an ass of yourself in front of, you chose Cassidy? We are so smooth, no wonder its like she doesn't even know we exsist." He sighed and used the restroom, and turned the sink on afterwards. After a few seconds of brown water, it turned clear, but Tommy still frowned before washing his hands and splashing his face.

The strumming of Nicolette's Guitar woke up Adam because he was in the same room. He yawned when he woke up. "Morning." he greeted her. Normally, Adam was scathing and cold towards everyone, but since he escaped with them and everything, he was slowly starting to warm up to them. The escape from the Orphanage would be an abusive one. However, with not much to do, Adam just reached into his back pocket and pulled out a Family Photo that he had of himself when he was nine, his Dad, Mom, Sister and Brother. He began staring at it, missing his Family. He hated how the Family's Lawyer didn't take him in, but then he was just a kid and the Lawyer just did what he thought was right, so Adam couldn't even get mad. With all the thoughts about his Family, being in a relationship for him would be a horrid idea. Getting into one, having a crush and all that didn't really matter. He just wanted a normal life; where he can go to school, get a Diploma, go to College, then Police Academy, then become a Cop like his late Father.

Cassie smiled at Nikki when she started to play and listened to the guitar as she read. When Tommy woke she grinned softly knowing that he was surprised to be out of the orphanage just as she was. She was a little concerned he may have hurt himself, but overall he seemed alright. She looked over at Adam, and wondered what he might be thinking about. She bit her lip feeling bad and tried to refocus her attention on her book.

Xavier was jolted awake by a loud thud, instinctively sitting up and turning towards the sound. He almost laughed when he saw it was just Tommy, but didn't. Instead he got up out of his "bed", if it could be called that. He'd chosen to let some of the others use the more bed-like materials and just used his backpack of clothes as a pillow, but he'd had worse before. Careful not to step on anyone, Xavier picked his way across the room to one of the windows. All the glass was gone -probably been gone for years- so he sat on the windowsill, his back leaning against one wall and one leg pulled up close to his chest while the other hung out the window. The sill was a good six inches or so wide, so he wasn't worried about falling. Glancing into the room, Xavier saw a few more of the group waking up and he smiled, laughing silently. They were a strange bunch -that fact couldn't be argued- but they'd all fit well together. 'Hopefully,' he added to himself, turning back to look out across the waking city.

Tommy came back out and looked around the room, they were starting to wake up, then he started to walk around the apartment. He walked into the kitchen and started searching through the cabinets wondering if there was anything left over. He opened one cabinet and saw a spider, which caused him to jump backwards and bump his head against the opposite cabinet.

"Ouch." he frowned a little and watched the spider scurry away. He continued to search the kitchen, watchful for any more 8 legged monsters.

Cassie heard a thump from the kitchen and looked up at the others, wondering if they were concerned. Slowly she set her book down and stood up. She looked at Xavier on the window sill, and hoped he was being careful then went to the kitchen. She found Tommy there and smiled slightly, "Hey, are you alright? I keep hearing... Things?" She laughed softly at herself, and looked at Tommy nervously. They never really talked before, so she hoped this didn't seem out of line.

Adam, still being as quiet as usual, put the family photo away and pulled something out of his pocket; his Father's badge. He felt semi-at peace when he heard Nikki playing her songs on her guitar. Even then, he couldn't help but think of his family. Even if he was adopted and had a second chance at life, he'd still think about his real parents. He just wished that his Family were still alive. His Father was taken from him, his Mother took her own life and siblings were taken from him as well. However, he knew not to confuse justice with revenge.

Tommy looked at Cassidy and froze, "Ummm Uh ummmm." He looked up and around and stumbled over his words, "Yeah Im just trying to make some new music with my brain, thats all." He cleared his throat and turned away, then looked back at her, "Do you.... um." He clenched his jaw a little, "Wanna... go get... breakfast?" He blinked a couple of times, "For everyone? Like the group? Not just you and me, not like a date or anything, but there is nothing here. For everyone."

Cassie laughed softly from his words and looked back at the living room, "Um sure." She looked back at Tommy. "We'll have to be careful in case the cops are out there looking for us. Cause were so "bad"" She grinned. "Let's go see if anyone wants to come with." She walked back to the living room. "Hey guys, Tommy and I are going to go out and find some breakfast for all of us. Any of you want to come with?" She spoke quietly enough so those asleep most likely wouldn't wake, but those awake could hear.

Despite having the most uncomfortable bed, Kira found herself having slept well. Maybe it was the fact that they were free that gave her such good dreams, but either way, she was happy enough to greet everyone who was awake. "Good morning--" she yawned and stretched, "--guys! Where you going?" she blinked at Cassidy, who was already standing up, as if to leave. Were they about to ditch her and the others who were still asleep? Maybe not, but Kira's trust issues started to pound in her head again.

Cassie blinked not liked feeling accused and looked at Kira. "We're just... Getting breakfast. I was asking the others if they wanted to come. You can join if you like." She looked down and then back at Kira. She wondered what she was thinking, but the girl had a look on her face that made it appear not so good. She looked back around, "So... Yeah, anybody..?"

Tommy came around the corner after hearing Kira, "Gotta get some Yum Yums in our Tum Tums." He looked at Cassie for a second then walked over and started to put his shoes on.

"Well, at least you didn't completely butcher that in the kitchen. Who knows? Maybe you'll actually be alone with her... Then it'll be the best time to completely ruin any chance of getting her to like you. Thats a solid plan. Right? Shut up you jerk. Hey you're the Jerk. Whatever, Brain." Tommy just smiled at Kira as he mentally argued with himself about Cassie

"Oh," Kira said with a sigh of relief, but she lingered a look at Tommy, who was just smiling the whole time. A bit weird? But then again, they did just escape from the orphanage, she could understand why he'd be so ecstatic. "I'll come then," said Kira, wiping her face on her sleeve, hoping to have taken any grime off her as she walked towards them.

Cassie smiled softly, "Alright, cool." She glanced at Tommy grateful he lightened the mood and started to get her shoes on. "Where should we go? I mean we can't be picky. Take it or leave it, right now at least." She thought for a moment wondering if any of them even had a little bit of money, but decided she'd worry about that later. "Oh and last call for anyone else?"

Tommy walked over to the two girls stuck his hands into his pocket, and pulled out a single 20 dollar bill. He sighed a little, he'd probably have to get a job, which would be pretty hard considering they were probably looking for them.

"I got 20 bucks... we might be able to buy a dozen eggs.. right? How much are eggs?" He looked at Cassie for the answer, "And a skillet... We might have to borrow the skillet." He frowned a little at the thought, he didn't want to tell the girls and he certainly didn't want to draw any attention to them.

His frown looks like it's directed at Cassie

Adam pulled out his wallet to see what he can contribute. He had about sixty, but decided to contribute thirty, wanting just a little bit of cash for himself. He didn't say much, but he gave the money to Tommy to signify his contribution. Oddly enough, Adam was never picky about his food. The only thing he had a problem with was scallops, because it was something that he was allergic to. "If you'd like, I can accompany you." he offered.

Kira looked to Cassidy. It seemed that their great escape had just started, but everyone knew that she was somehow the leader, and Kira was glad for that. She wouldn't have anyone else to lead them in this group, and even when Cassidy was the youngest, she was honestly the one with the most sense in her. "I certainly don't have any money," she added, but she didn't know if it would really be of much help.

Xavier looked away from the city and at Cassidy and Tommy. He thought about it for a few seconds, inwardly listing off everything that could go wrong. He had to stop himself after the list passed six items and finally just shrugged. "Sure, I'll come," he said, hopping smoothly out of the window and putting his hands in his pockets while smiling broadly. "And I can help with the money thing. Give me five minutes on the street and you'll have enough money for the whole day," he said easily, slipping on his worn converses.

Cassie immediately answered Tommy, "A dozen eggs is almost two dollars." She looked gratefully at Adam for his contribution. "Adam, you should come and thank you guys, both of you. I wish I had some money to help but..." She looked down and bit her lip, glanced at Kira, then looked back up. "We'll have to buy at least two dozen eggs if we want to be satisfied. And we need to get water. Maybe some stuff for sandwiches for later." She was already thinking about how they were going to live here. "Fifty bucks to spend." She then glanced at Xavier from what he said and her eyes widened, "What!? You're going to steal!? What if you get caught!?" Cassie's cautious nature got the best of her and she started protesting. Deep down she knew they probably would have to, but she was not a criminal and didn't want to become one. "Xavier...!" She started to feel sick.

Tommy put his hand on Cassie's back, "Just for now.. I'll try and get a job soon alright? I look older anyways, so maybe it wont be so hard." He took his hand away quickly though, "Alright so lets head out.. Xavier do your.. thing and meet us at that local grocery store on 5th?" He looked at the others to see if they agreed.

Kira kept quite for a while, biting her lip. "I think we actually will have to steal," she said. She wasn't new to theft, it was actually how the orphanage found her and took her in, after having realized she was an orphan. She turned to Tommy next. "How will you get a job, though? I mean, won't they look at your background?"

Cassie still felt tense but looked down and nodded. Tommy's words had relaxed her some, but Kira's words struck the fear again and she turned away, thinking. She muttered quietly, "Once were old enough to be out of the orphanage wouldn't they have let us go? Like at eighteen? So he could probably get a job then. But if he has a criminal background, then... Well yeah. Then they probably won't accept him..." She was muttering quietly, so she wasn't sure if they would be listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back