• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Watashitachimonogatari

"Wanted you as a friend? I didn't..." Hotaru stopped herself. Occasionally she'd check the kitchen's doorway, ensuring Mary wasn't listening in. "I don't.. know." She answered. "Sometimes I can't control myself and.." Hotaru's mellow voice was hard to hear over the howling wind outside. "I've hurt people -I don't mean to- if the school found out.. I'd.." Her usually stoic voice cracked. She took a moment to compose herself.

"I really don't know what's wrong with me.. so please don't tell anyone.." The student stared up at Nate for a split second, her eyes darted back down to her lap. "I need.. your help."

"Yeah you asked me to be your friend. I found it strange, right after you pounced on me and ate my cinnamon bun. I gave you water and you asked to be friends?" He listen to her explanation, he gulped at the mention of hurting people. He was a bit nervous now, could he have been eaten by this small girl? Would he be alive if he hadn't had his bag of snacks with him? "it's okay, I won't tell the school bout...your situation."

He sighed and scratched the back of his, "Well I could help you. I don't know what much I could do, because I never had to deal with a cute girl that grew a tail and thought about eating me." He blushed as he said she was cute, he didn't mean for it to slip out. He looks away from her and back to the kitchen.

'Snnnrrk' a hand flew to her flustered face. Hotaru let out a gentle laugh. "If you put it that way.. It almost sounds funny" she grinned at the sheer silliness of his words.

Mary burst into the room, skillfully balancing bowls and utensils with two arms. "
-Dinner!" she stumbled a bit, almost falling over. "Is!" the girl slid the bowls of noodles onto the living room table. "Served!"

Hotaru stared down at the meal, feeling the hunger begin to creep up her throat again.

"
I'm glad to see you're okay." The younger girl's voice broke her from her trance. "My brother didn't try anything funny while I was away, did he?" Mary teased.

Hotaru looked to Nate, before slowly shaking her head 'no'.

He watched as his younger sister walked into the room, balancing the bowls. He immediately walked over to her and stood beside her, just in case any of the bowls fell he would be able to try and stop it from breaking."Thanks sis, I think you could have called me to come help you with the bowls."

"I didn't try anything."
He glares at his sister, before he lets out a loud sigh. He pulls out the chairs and prepares everything on the table before sitting down and looking back at Hotaru,"We should have more food if you are still hungry after this meal."

Snow began to fall, softly drifting against the window. Hotaru watched eagerly, easily entertained by the snowflakes movements. The high school student looked as if she was ready to pounce at the window at any second, -and Mary found it very... animal-like. When Nate spoke, Mary gave a questionable look, letting her head fall to the side as she sat down in a chair. "Really? Even after she ate all of-"

"
-I'll be fine." Hotaru interrupted the younger girl, looking away from the window. -It didn't matter how much she ate, she wouldn't be satisfied. She had made note of that by now, as long as she didn't get too hungry... Mary began to eat, while Hotaru tried to restrain herself from making a mess.

Hotaru's parent's had been out on a business trip for the week, she'd be able to get away with staying out this late, however."
Your parents.. won't mind that I'm intruding, will they? Perhaps I should leave before.." she trailed off.

As the snow began to fall, and the wind began to hit against the window. Nate looked out to see that the window was already getting foggy. He continued to eat as he listened to his sister, he whispered in her ear,"I don't know if she is still hungry. So I offered, we still get to eat anyways."

As he was almost done with his meal, he heard Hotaru's voice and how it worried him a bit. His parent's kind of abandoned them. He had to live with his sister, and had to get used to living with her.
"No, me and Mary live together, and we have had this home for a while now."

Mary remained silent, picking at her meal with a dour expression. Hotaru couldn't help notice the change in the atmosphere around them.

"
Thanks for the meal." Hotaru finished- breaking the silence, and pushing her bowl away. Mary followed soon after, giving a satisfied huff. She stood from her chair, before beginning to gather the dishes.

"
It's late." The student glanced at a clock. "I should go."

"
You shouldn't go alone." Mary danced around the table, balancing the bowls and spoons like some kind of circus act. Wind howled loudly, almost breaking her concentration. "Nate should take you home." She sent a glance at her brother, before hurrying off to the kitchen.

"
You really don't have to.." Hotaru seemed to be getting ready to leave, wrapping the scarf around her neck tighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back