• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of the Magi [OPEN] (Character Creation and OOC)

Main
Here
Cool! I will keep an eye out for it to the best of my ability. So far we aren't doing anything particularly dangerous, so it should just be good fun over there.
Yeah I would send her over now but I don't know where tglhe portal leads so I ended my post with her just stepping though for all we know it coukd lead directly to tge training room lol

Reasonable. I was assuming Entrance or Grand Hall, given the fact that that was where they wanted you all, but it could indeed lead anywhere.

Reasonable. I was assuming Entrance or Grand Hall, given the fact that that was where they wanted you all, but it could indeed lead anywhere.
Yeah probably the grand hall though if they decide to have the students shoe off what they can do to assess there skill level and identify areas that need improvement then the training hall could be the intended location I doubt it's the entrance though would kinda lesson the benefits of using a portal if we still had to walk to our destination

ShinyEve ShinyEve I think this character is ready for your judgement.

Name: Faith Westmore
Gender: Questioning, currently identifies as a cis female (she/her or they/them)
Species: Centaur
Room Number: TBA
Alignment: Neutral good
Appearance: Tan-skinned and slim built, with black hair that goes down to their back , a black tail, and a black coat save for blanket apalloosa markings. Her facial features include wide, brown eyes, a slightly downturned nose, a pointed chin, and thick eyebrows. Her ears are like those of a horse.
She has a human form, but hates being in it.

Personality: Anxious, sensitive, enthusiastic, impulsive, ambiverted

Bio: Faith was often considered to be an eccentric child by those around them who had the mercy not to call them "impertinent," "awkward," or "disruptive." Her own family had high hopes for her academically because she was early to talk when she was small, but when the time came for her to learn to take a human form and go to Pre-K, things went south. As it turned out, being in human form was a sensory nightmare for Faith, so her family had to try to get her to acclimate to it so that nobody would get in trouble for truancy. Faith learned to tolerate it, but not enough that she could focus in school, leading to a discrepancy in how her family viewed her versus her teachers and classmates viewed her. She would devour books at home, but due to not being in the right conditions to actually do schoolwork, her teachers considered her to be lazy. They also disliked her habit of tapping her feet on the ground and her tendency to talk out of turn. Eventually, she convinced her parents to let her drop out of mainstream school to learn to fight for a better world for Magi, but she's having doubts in her ability to keep up, especially being far away from home.

Main Magic: Electrical magic
Sub Magic: Healing
Likes: Oatmeal, peaches, falcons, running, jumping, adrenaline in general, loose-fitting clothing, arranging flowers, medical knowledge,
Dislikes: Being in her human form, red meat, having imposter syndrome, manipulative people
Family: Lex and Aimee Westmore (parents). Faith's an only child.
Friends: TBA
Sentimental Attachment:
Weapon: A 5-foot-long bronze bident she calls "The War Fork.' It conducts electricity very well.
Looks good. ^_^ accepted

Updated again. I haven't made Jane yet (The new Teacher) but once I finished I'll make her official character sheet.

So, Pharaoh, did you still want to slip off and have some fun between Kodoku and Rose, or take advantage of the current scene and show off her cool abilities?

So, Pharaoh, did you still want to slip off and have some fun between Kodoku and Rose, or take advantage of the current scene and show off her cool abilities?
Considering Rose now knows she can have the room create enemies with MagI Tech armor, I'm guessing the latter lol.

Btw. Once the introductions are finished, everyone will be able to free roam. I'll update the original post with a few locations, the rest will be discovered as roleplay goes on.

Bosses/events will be able to be triggered.

I guess Grace. There is something to be said for someone who doesn't feel the need to show off or tell everyone how awesome and powerful they are. Grace could simply come in, do her thing, and leave without feeling the need to go deep into special effects, stories of her importance, or anything else. All the others seem like bluster compared to her simple knowledge of her abilities.

I guess Grace. There is something to be said for someone who doesn't feel the need to show off or tell everyone how awesome and powerful they are. Grace could simply come in, do her thing, and leave without feeling the need to go deep into special effects, stories of her importance, or anything else. All the others seem like bluster compared to her simple knowledge of her abilities.
Lol. Yeah. Grace is quite powerful but she likes other people to work out just how powerful she is themselves.

I figured. As I've said repeatedly, it is very clear that almost all the other characters are gods among men. The problem is that when everyone can do everything at ultimate power, nobody feels special or skilled at anything they do. There's no highlighting of differences, no challenges, nobody who is able to show how they help each other by complimenting each others skills, or a lot of those things that give stories depth and meaning. They can all do whatever whenever. At best the flavor of how they do it changes. Don't get me wrong, if it is fun for folks, I'm not yucking your yum. It just makes it harder for me to get invested in their stories because they don't seem to have any real stakes.

I figured. As I've said repeatedly, it is very clear that almost all the other characters are gods among men. The problem is that when everyone can do everything at ultimate power, nobody feels special or skilled at anything they do. There's no highlighting of differences, no challenges, nobody who is able to show how they help each other by complimenting each others skills, or a lot of those things that give stories depth and meaning. They can all do whatever whenever. At best the flavor of how they do it changes. Don't get me wrong, if it is fun for folks, I'm not yucking your yum. It just makes it harder for me to get invested in their stories because they don't seem to have any real stakes.
Lol I get ya but just you wait.

Some of their magic might be powerful, but think about what they might be up against.

Okay. As I said, not yucking your yum. If your enjoying the stories you can tell around them, great! I enjoy the stories I can tell around my character and look forward to getting to those. Maybe there will be occasions where the two sorts of stories can cross in an interesting fashion.

Okay. As I said, not yucking your yum. If your enjoying the stories you can tell around them, great! I enjoy the stories I can tell around my character and look forward to getting to those. Maybe there will be occasions where the two sorts of stories can cross in an interesting fashion.
Of course. Kodoku will have plenty of chances for interactions.

View attachment 1193368
Name: Cynthia Aroar
Species: Humanoid Leopard
Room Number: ___
Appearance: With dashing light goldish-blonde hair and almond-honey skin tone. "Tattoos" from birth are marked along her arms and stomach/lower abdomen, as well as some lighter marks on her face- birth marks. Her eyes come in a light sea foam, but dilated in the sun like most creatures. She has fluffy leopard ears and a tail (that can be hidden with magic). Attire often comes in summer time fashion, crop tops and clipped bottoms. She wears unique styled earrings an switches from leopard printed chokers.
Personality: Cynthia is utterly extroverted. She'll communicated in loud, exasperated, and joyful tones. Sometimes you can even hear her purr- but it is rare since she hides most soft parts inside. Despite that, she can hold a barrier of defiance if you come to her disliking. She is a critical thinker, and Cynthia is most mistaken for being a human. Confident and a bundle of fun.

Bio: Cynthia had no family. At least, not that she knew of. She was left in a forest, a group of animals surrounding her. She wasn't scared, and nothing killed her. It wasn't until a leopard took her with a pack, and she soon was raised with them. Being a wild girl, she doesn't know much about etiquette just yet. But when her life meets snow for the first time in a proper way, her familiar appears to guide her through what is wrong and right.

Now, it was time for her second year at the academy of magics.

Main Magic: Mirage/Illusion Magic
Sub Magic: Metal Control - Such as able to bend or wield/make weapons like guns and swords float at will
Likes: Summer, Sun, Fields, Nature, Undergrowth, Lakes, Outside, Wildlife, People, Socializing, Mistakes, Formality/Improper
Dislikes: Arrogance, Idioticness, Aloof People/Creatures
Family: Leopards / N/A
Sentimental Attachment: Taiga Smitt
Weapon: "Kitty" Claws
Other:

Pet Info:

Pet Name: Taiga Smitt
Pet Age: 20
Pet Gender: Cis-Male
Pet Species: Snow Leopard
VA: Viper - Kung Fu Panda
View attachment 1193369
Appearance: SNOW LEOPARD....

Pet Main Magic: Ice Magic
Pet Sub Magic: Protection/Shield Magic
Personality: A calm and understanding feline taking post parenthood of Cynthia since she'd been raised through the wild. Taiga is awfully protective, and when ticked off, can cause some severe and heavy wounds that no one would really enjoy.
Just noticed. Cynthia is missing her personality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back