• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I will let you start with the same xp totals as everyone else, so you are not hamstrung compared to the rest of the party.

Xp Totals:
53 Regular Xp
32 Solar Xp
What are the guidelines for artifacts, hearthstones, and manses given how things started and where they are now? Should I just expect to accrue them as part of the story?

Last edited:
What are the guidelines for artifacts, hearthstone, and manses given how things started and where they are now? Should I just expect to accrue item as part of the story?
Since everyone was able to pick from the artifacts that I had listed for you in the fortress that you guys found, you can go ahead and select up to 10 points of artifacts and hearthstones for free.

Don't forget that in the Lore section is a list of stuff that we found in the manse, and some of that was not claimed yet.

Sherwood Sherwood
Just so you know, I believe I got 7 successes on my Join Battle roll. As I understand it, my starting initiative is 10.

I was thinking of holding the start of the fight until Rykon has had a chance to finish his character, but I don't know how long that will be, and I don't want to leave everyone hanging as you wait. Once he is done, he can make a Join Battle roll and come into the fight.

Sherwood Sherwood
Just so you know, I believe I got 7 successes on my Join Battle roll. As I understand it, my starting initiative is 10.
I misunderstood when I saw that you had posted a 7 for your results. I had assumed that you added the +3 to your total already. I'll fix the order.

Since Athletics support (honestly the bulk of native Solar Damage output) is primarily for CQC and that Archery doesn't have much for damage on its own either, I'm trying to reconcile what I want to do for helping in smaller scale confrontations. There are some artifacts that gave me nifty ideas, but this could take me into the weekend to properly think through. If it's holding up the game, I wouldn't slow down on my account.

Also, I could lean toward more non combat support, but I worry that may change the focus or rhythm in a game in a bothersome way. As fun as it is to nonchalantly walk into a place and upheave society as Aredin or Manato, that type of approach may not be as great a fit here. I'd rather go with the current than reroute it.

Since Athletics support (honestly the bulk of native Solar Damage output) is primarily for CQC and that Archery doesn't have much for damage on its own either, I'm trying to reconcile what I want to do for helping in smaller scale confrontations. There are some artifacts that gave me nifty ideas, but this could take me into the weekend to properly think through. If it's holding up the game, I wouldn't slow down on my account.

Also, I could lean toward more non combat support, but I worry that may change the focus or rhythm in a game in a bothersome way. As fun as it is to nonchalantly walk into a place and upheave society as Aredin or Manato, that type of approach may not be as great a fit here. I'd rather go with the current than reroute it.
Take your time. Depending on how this fight goes, you might be able to jump into the tail end of it, or you'll show up after the carnage has ended. Depending on your character's background will also affect this a bit.

Sherwood Sherwood

Alrighty. Going to try and get back in! But I don't just want to up and interrupt a fight that is going on, that might add to any confusion.

What would you like me to do? And if you need help introducing Rykons char, Maybe Bard can help make it easier somehow.

Sherwood Sherwood

Alrighty. Going to try and get back in! But I don't just want to up and interrupt a fight that is going on, that might add to any confusion.

What would you like me to do? And if you need help introducing Rykons char, Maybe Bard can help make it easier somehow.
I mean, I personally don't mind you joining in.

Sherwood Sherwood

I can't speak for Sherwood or anyone else, but sounds to me like he wants plenty of people in the circle to make his grand confrontations all the more spectacular. A worthy goal in my book.

I've about finished the XP 0 foundation for this character. I keep wanting to force in a token Integrity Excellency somehow, but it's costly. For combat, I think I've settled on a mix of Melee and Thrown where Melee will lean more on basic defense, athletics, and Evocations as to not intrude on Kuai Dao's realm meaningfully. Native Solar Throwing in 3E is also satisfyingly silly with very potent charms upfront. Ignoring cover, extending range, punishing slow opponents with an opening decisive attack. All leave a good feeling of getting something meaningful for the XP.

For backstory, I'm thinking this guy hails from a crime family with a regional foothold probably a bit more in the core of the east. Assassination, espionage, sabotage, smuggling, and the like in service to not only the family but their business partners (which might rotate between various Guild, Realm, or Seventh Legion groups). Betrayals in such an atmosphere being commonplace, I'd think he Exalted amidst a 'house cleaning' ambush and decided to travel after giving the walls a nice new coat of paint for their trouble. I'm not caught up on the story so far just yet, but could be that Melinda directed him to meet up with the circle.

I can't speak for Sherwood or anyone else, but sounds to me like he wants plenty of people in the circle to make his grand confrontations all the more spectacular. A worthy goal in my book.

I've about finished the XP 0 foundation for this character. I keep wanting to force in a token Integrity Excellency somehow, but it's costly. For combat, I think I've settled on a mix of Melee and Thrown where Melee will lean more on basic defense, athletics, and Evocations as to not intrude on Kuai Dao's realm meaningfully. Native Solar Throwing in 3E is also satisfyingly silly with very potent charms upfront. Ignoring cover, extending range, punishing slow opponents with an opening decisive attack. All leave a good feeling of getting something meaningful for the XP.

For backstory, I'm thinking this guy hails from a crime family with a regional foothold probably a bit more in the core of the east. Assassination, espionage, sabotage, smuggling, and the like in service to not only the family but their business partners (which might rotate between various Guild, Realm, or Seventh Legion groups). Betrayals in such an atmosphere being commonplace, I'd think he Exalted amidst a 'house cleaning' ambush and decided to travel after giving the walls a nice new coat of paint for their trouble. I'm not caught up on the story so far just yet, but could be that Melinda directed him to meet up with the circle.
Well if Sherwood wants to up spectacle! I'm all for that! I do love me a good spectacle. Though I do know how combat can get a little boggy with too many combatants.

Also! As you describe it, it definitely sounds like "Ninja" to me.

Heh. With Bard starting out with lower initiative than Maja and the two Dynasts, that works out pretty damn nicely.

Current progress on the sheet posted. the most technical part of number crunching is done, now I can leverage it for inspiration on the character history and personality.

Character advancement shows ideal progression up to Essence 4. Some SXP already spent to offset the math optimization in several areas like Attributes which has the harshest punishment for balancing out dots rather than aiming for 5s across the board.

Thank you for the reminder. As I said, Grapples are new ground for me.

Didn't roll very well; Yo have 6 rounds of control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back