• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Town of Somnia - Curse of the Will O’ Wisp (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hello guys, the main thread is now updated, along with an introduction and the starter of my character. The roleplay will start when they first arrived at this hotel. I decided to end the first night there because I want everyone to start precisely at the same point at the same time, which is the first official morning.

In your starter, feel free to start from when he/she first followed the wisp and met the lady and all the way to the hotel and how you spent your first night and stuffs ooorrr start from the next morning, however you feel like.

Yes, we're starting from the very beginning and not directly to the horror part. I would like them to get to know each other first and build relationship, as well as familiarize themselves with the town overall first.

Everyone of you have been assigned a room. Please check it accordingly and know which floor you live in.

The room is randomly assigned. I kind of picked lottery and decided how it should be organized. If you have a particular reason why you don't like your room assignment, feel free to tell me.

Is which room they live in that important? Yes or no. Based on how the roleplay goes in the future, I may have particular rooms containing surprise elements. But we'll see how the roleplay goes first.

"So what's with that prologue and chapter one?" Yes, the roleplay will go off by chapters. The first chapter will focus on the first 13 days that the people will spend getting to know each other.

"How about the prologue?" The prologue and my character/NPC, Lucier's starter contains subtle(or obvious??) hints of the connection, but it's okay if you haven't figured it out/decide to ignore it at first. Either way, it'll play into the story that I'm planning to include in the roleplay that I won't spoil and we'll see! It'll be fun.

Note that I end my starter with Lucier in the dining room.

I will be upfront and say that eventually, ideally, I want all of them to reach the dining room and get to know each other under the same space. This is what I want. You do not have to follow what I want. It definitely makes things easier, but your character can choose to go somewhere else entirely because what you do with your character is not mine to control. We will all get to know each other eventually. However, as the Official First Day, feel free to start interacting with other characters.

Bump in them in the hallways, get to know each other while going downstairs, maybe end up going to the dining room/library together--etc etc, up to you. Note each other's room number, because if you're at the same wing on the same floor with another person it'll be likelier to meet him/her first. However, everyone will get an equal chance to get to know each other eventually. Who you meet first, who you on the same wing/floor with, essentially, if we work hard to make this roleplay last, won't matter that much.

When I decide that the 13 days are over, with time skip if necessary, we'll get to the good part.

Now, about the roleplay format.
I'd prefer if the roleplay is free-reign.

However,
I hope all of you get an equal chance of replying/interacting. Know that this roleplay needs everyone's cooperation. In the beginning, for now, I'm gonna be really casual with everyone's replying pace and rate, as long as everyone are involved. Starting tomorrow I'll be making a post either here or on Discord recording who hasn't gotten interactions yet and who hasn't replied yet. The roleplay, as a whole, won't advance until I make sure that everyone have replied.

If everyone except you have replied and a week passed and you haven't replied, I will make the roleplay go on without you. If two weeks passed and I have not received an actual notice, you will be gone from the roleplay. This is in particular because we have 14-15 characters and that's a lot for me to start with too so I'm going to be a little strict with this.

I will make sure each character's disappearance and fallout from the RP itself becomes part of the story so it seems natural.

Now finally, here's the discord link!

Don't know if it's a smart choice to post it here when it's public, but I'll kick out anyone who's not part of it. This comment will be deleted after all of you are part of the discord chat.

Once you join Discord, please inform me who you are, your RPer name and the character you're roleplaying, just so I can be clear on who is who. ;w;

Thank you guys very much for willing to be a part of this roleplay and build this story together!

I also apologize if my starter for my character seems short. My usual habit is to write much longer, however, due to it being 4AM and I still have work tomorrow, I decide to keep it short and simple and wait for more to come first. Don’t worry, everything will eventually start to increase in length. At least for my part.

I am going to sleep now. Goodnight!

Last edited:
Hey all! Just wanted to apologize for the sudden disappearance. My internet was cut off for the majority of the week. I'll get started on my post and it should be up today or tomorrow at the latest. This shouldn't happen again and I'll be more active from here on out.

i havent posted for a few days dont even worry about it

Hi everyone, I am currently abroad right now so I'll be gone until the 19th. I won't be able to check any messages either until then. I hope to see you guys soon.

Okay, I've just finished editing the post. So I hope none of read It before hand lol. Otherwise you'll probably miss Important details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back