• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Want Hierarchy

Sunbather said:
Honestly, no. Technology doesn't work how it works on Earth, to start off, though that's not overly relevant for a long while in the roleplay. Then there's the issue that Reina pretty much just refurbishes whatever they get, meaning 90% of their tech is either malfunctioning, flat-out broken or is so dangerous that it's not been reactivated. The bit that is used (like maybe a defense fence for Epitah, lights etc.) are so basic nobody needs a hacker for that.
So while I don't really wanna say I forbid you to make one, there's just no real point to it.
Hmm. I may need to alter some of my backstory then (though nothing terribly relevant). I have Cass' parents being the more typical morally questionably criminal types, and reference a computer with a bunch of files on it that lets Cass find this out. If this doesn't make sense I can very easily turn it into a box of physical files without anything important changing, just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Sunbather , besides Midnight, are things like cigars or other narcotics (Legal or not) readily available? And as Kal Said, is there a currency or do things operate on the barter system?

Currently deciding between two character concepts. Few questions.

1. How far exactly can "eldritch mutations" of the omega midnight be taken?

2. Do omega midnight users have a krux? And does it need to be continuously taken? And can they take normal midnight after taking omega midnight?

3. What would be an appropriate "steed" for someone in a gang? Seeing as it is a semi advanced western and horses likely don't exist. Would I be looking to create some alien mount or would some sort of gritty version of a hover bike or motorcycle before realistic in the situation? I'm not sure if such a thing will be used but I am exploring the possibilities.

5.Are there any rules involving npcs?

6. Would Epitaph have enforcers against people who cause trouble in the city?

TerraBooma said:
Hey @Sunbather , besides Midnight, are things like cigars or other narcotics (Legal or not) readily available? And as Kal Said, is there a currency or do things operate on the barter system?
There are certain chemicals in fluctuation, yes. Cigars would probably not necessarily be around cause why would tobacco be dropped into the zone, you know? But maybe someone came up with a way to burn a chemical in that way. As long as it doesn't go against direct lore I'm lenient.

Barter system, yeah.

KingHink said:
Currently deciding between two character concepts. Few questions.
1. How far exactly can "eldritch mutations" of the omega midnight be taken?

2. Do omega midnight users have a krux? And does it need to be continuously taken? And can they take normal midnight after taking omega midnight?

3. What would be an appropriate "steed" for someone in a gang? Seeing as it is a semi advanced western and horses likely don't exist. Would I be looking to create some alien mount or would some sort of gritty version of a hover bike or motorcycle before realistic in the situation? I'm not sure if such a thing will be used but I am exploring the possibilities.

5.Are there any rules involving npcs?

6. Would Epitaph have enforcers against people who cause trouble in the city?
1. Quite far. Not necessarily in size (Can't have Cthulu ran around in a single city) but visually and functionally, it's quite terrible. :P

2. In general, no. If you want to keep your powers, yes. Gradual reduction is recommended for your peace of mind but not a necessity. Yes, but as soon as they take regular Midnight they cannot use Omega anymore.

3. Honestly, most wildlife would be used for breeding so they can eat it. In barren lands without supplies, food is a sanctity on which riding has zero chances to compete with. Scrapmetal bikes, I'd accept in small numbers and with a fitting reason as to why a character has one.

4. Was skipped. How very Chinese. :P

5. Well, don't bunny them, ideally. You can make up NPCs for interactions. I'm not really sure how to answer this. Could you specify what you have in mind?

5. Epitah is trouble and enforcer in one. His crew run Reina and they do so however they please.

Oh, also at EVERYONE, Cyber Lithium has made me notice a mistake on my part:

As far as the Unknown location goes, that merely represents that you do not know. There are NO genuine outsiders from other cities. Reina is secluded in itself, and nobody has knowledge of other cities outside of the vague few words that endured the decades since the first exiled dropoff founded it. There is minimal information on life outside Reina. A few of you might have been born in the surrounding nothingness to a nomad tribe and had the "luck" to find Reina. But everyone is, essentially, a Reinian through and through.

1. How did you know I was going to go with something Cthulu-esque! D8 (not size wise though)

2. Would going off omega also remove the mutations? And could one who mutated also have superpower? And is omega more difficult or more expensive to get a hold of?

3. Not terribly important. I'll be hoofing it.

4. I can't believe I forgot 4... it's my favorite number...

5. It would involve a possible gang and a important family member. Though nothing that I would need to constantly manage.

6. What would Epitah's view be on other troublemakers in the town? Others who do as they please.

7. New question! That should have been number Four. What sort of weaponry and types of firearms are we to expect to see? Lasers? Bullets? Plasma? Phasers?

Once I get my thoughts on them collected, and have the time to write it, I will send you a conversation explaining both concepts to see what you think.

emerges from a dark corner of the ooc tab "hi"

i was wondering, is there any way to be cured of midnight addiction, for if they are immune to omega, then nobody can be rid of their krux?

@Sunbather

Last edited by a moderator:
KingHink said:
1. How did you know I was going to go with something Cthulu-esque! D8 (not size wise though)
2. Would going off omega also remove the mutations? And could one who mutated also have superpower? And is omega more difficult or more expensive to get a hold of?

3. Not terribly important. I'll be hoofing it.

4. I can't believe I forgot 4... it's my favorite number...

5. It would involve a possible gang and a important family member. Though nothing that I would need to constantly manage.

6. What would Epitah's view be on other troublemakers in the town? Others who do as they please.

7. New question! That should have been number Four. What sort of weaponry and types of firearms are we to expect to see? Lasers? Bullets? Plasma? Phasers?

Once I get my thoughts on them collected, and have the time to write it, I will send you a conversation explaining both concepts to see what you think.
1. I'm the game master. I see all, know all. :|

2. Yes, gradually, they'd fade. In what capacity varries from person to person eg. how I want the story to gow. *laugh manically*

3. Okay!

4. RIP number 4

5. Well, groups and communities are common (and much needed protection)

6. "Get in my way and you're dead."

7. Reina is junk. Junk does not equal dysfunctional though. For the most, part, it's just rust, sand, scrap metal and bits of wood with beaten up pieces and machines being reused. But not all. There are guns, there are devices and so on. Nothing terribly futuristically advanced, but not stone-age levels either. There are guns. Lots and lots of awfully malfunctioning guns. There are probably a few laser based weapons here and there. Lots of beat-you-to-death-with-a-piece-of-wood kinda weapons. Maybe even a rocket launcher. Reina and its culture developed out of an accumulation of discarded technology and literal waste and what crazy bastards made of it. What exactly develops out of it, I can't generalize, but I expect players to use common sense in that regard.

Gilgog said:
emerges from a dark corner of the ooc tab "hi"
i was wondering, is there any way to be cured of midnight addiction, for if they are immune to omega, then nobody can be rid of their krux?

@Sunbather
It seems you didn't read thoroughly. Please look at what Omega is and does again.

Cyber Lithium]Midnight users are immune to the effects of Omega. Because of that Midnight users effectively destroy the chances of ever being able to gain the supernatural abilities of Omega. However Omega users gain an ability that allows them to interact with someones Krux. So basically if you want to rid yourself of your addiction you have to have an Omega user help you. Midnight users are immune to Omega but not the ability Omega gives other users. @Gilgog Right [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17278-sunbather/ said:
@Sunbather[/URL]?
That's 100% correct! Have a cookie. ^-^

Also one more thing @Sunbather I understand that Midnight users experience Euphoria, without their senses being clouded however... could you give an example of what a Midnight user would experience? Do they experience heightened senses, do they experience a body high like ecstasy? do they experience a mind high that makes them care less about their troubles? And do you have to keep taking midnight to prevent the Krux taking over? It's just that with every single drug... once you come off the high is when the bad stuff happens. So is Krux prominent during the high or just after(not saying you magically get rid of Krux because your high, I'm more asking if the side effects of Krux lessen because you're high)?

Cyber Lithium]Also one more thing [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17278-sunbather/ said:
@Sunbather[/URL] I understand that Midnight users experience Euphoria, without their senses being clouded however... could you give an example of what a Midnight user would experience? Do they experience heightened senses, do they experience a body high like ecstasy? do they experience a mind high that makes them care less about their troubles? And do you have to keep taking midnight to prevent the Krux taking over? It's just that with every single drug... once you come off the high is when the bad stuff happens. So is Krux prominent during the high or just after(not saying you magically get rid of Krux because your high, I'm more asking if the side effects of Krux lessen because you're high)?
Well, think of it as a state of blissful apathy. As for the Krux, it just strikes. You can lose the high when you're body rids itself of Midnight's effects, but the Krux will continue to appear now and then.

Sunbather said:
Well, think of it as a state of blissful apathy. As for the Krux, it just strikes. You can lose the high when you're body rids itself of Midnight's effects, but the Krux will continue to appear now and then.
Oh okay. So I've already read through it but it's still a little vague... is Krux a side effect of Midnight? or is it just a symptom/plague everyone in Reina is dealing with?

Does being high on Midnight counteract the insanity like symptoms Krux inspires?

So basically something fitting into the junk punk theme. Something improvised, "old fashioned", or broke down. Yet nothing that would obviously make us over powered or might be" too much".

Correct.

[QUOTE="Cyber Lithium]Oh okay. So I've already read through it but it's still a little vague... is Krux a side effect of Midnight? or is it just a symptom/plague everyone in Reina is dealing with?
Does being high on Midnight counteract the insanity like symptoms Krux inspires?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's a side effect, and no. The high can be interrupted by the Krux's influence.

@Cyber Lithium @Kal

Congratulations, you are officially accepted as of now! (Unless, Lithium, you wish to rewrite once more)

@TerraBooma It looks nice so far! I have two things I wanna mention: For once, the arm is more than I thought would work, but here's how it's alright: Despite the visuals, it's just a literal prosthetic. Now fancy gadgets or anything. It's assembled of scrap and occassionally malfunctions. Is that okay with you?

Also, I would like it if he supported some of Epitah's henchmen and is thus a little protected from harm, cause he's valuable. That, and his imposing physique, would realistically allow him to be somewhat nice and gentle without being torn apart.

Works fine for me, how does one support the henchmen? Give them Better deals or something? He might not actually like them but I can see him doing so for protection

As for the arn, that's also fine by me. The gadgets were a sort of idea I three in last minute, and malfunctioning was an idea I had from the start.

I've been wondering about the cigars, and was wondering. I'm thinking maybe his wife was a botanist of some sort, perhaps grew the tobacco herself. Whatever took Drax's arm also took her life, and the cigars are all he has left of her, alomg with her ring of course.

Cyber Lithium] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17278-sunbather/ said:
@Sunbather[/URL] which would you prefer...? Zeeto or a pyschotic pyromaniac?
Well, a pyromaniac wouldn't logically survive in Reina very long, so Zeeto.

TerraBooma said:
Works fine for me, how does one support the henchmen? Give them Better deals or something? He might not actually like them but I can see him doing so for protection
As for the arn, that's also fine by me. The gadgets were a sort of idea I three in last minute, and malfunctioning was an idea I had from the start.

I've been wondering about the cigars, and was wondering. I'm thinking maybe his wife was a botanist of some sort, perhaps grew the tobacco herself. Whatever took Drax's arm also took her life, and the cigars are all he has left of her, alomg with her ring of course.
Great! x2

You know, he can have cigars, and they can be related to his wife, but let's just not specify the origin too much. It's not important and just creates too many questions. He just has them.

Also yeah, better deals. Maybe letting them sleep there when they want to. Just be of value to Epitah and his henchmen.

Woot! Pretty sure Draxen's done. I'm not sure how close he should be to Epitah so I left it kind of vague, it all good?

Sunbather said:
Submissions are open until tomorrow, I'll decide who gets accepted then. :)
Cool! I'll get started right away. Question: i was thinking of doing something like a back alley doctor/scientist with questionable morals and practices do you think that would work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back