• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sleep of the Gods

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Drumonkey

Paragon of Dreams
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In a world where monsters, demi-humans, and gods coexist anything is believed to be possible. Since the beginning of time when the gods shaped mortals they took an active hand in guiding them and protecting them leading to an uninterrupted golden age. Each god rules from their throne with the Pantheons occasionally coming together to check in and make sure the world is running smoothly. Lately the gods have been feeling a lethargy coming over them and just as they were starting to feel concerned The Fates appeared before all the gods to tell them that their rest was coming and they needed to choose an heir to train, thus sparking the modern Age of Heroes.

The gods have various ways of choosing a successor each way as varied as the gods that were forced to choose. Some picked their best and brightest children to bestow a portion of their power and legacy, others picked random mortals or beasts who caught their eyes while some even chose to relinquish their power and slumber early. For those lucky enough to be chosen by a godly being they were all sent to an academy known as 'The Cradle' where they are taught how to use their powers and gifts to save mortals and eventually take up the mantle of their predecessors.

With that introduction out the way, welcome to the world of Elysium and enjoy your time at The Cradle!

The Cradle was the goal for both mortals and demigods because they had a history of powerful graduates who went on to live great lives and save millions of mortal lives from the evil creatures that have been plaguing them from the dawn of time. The Cradle existed amongst the clouds of Mt Olympus it consisted of one giant campus with various fields, buildings and even flight courses where heroes would learn to embrace their powers and prepare to fight the forces of evil.

However unbeknownst to the newest class at The Cradle their time here will be different that previous years and filled with more danger than before but also greater blessings, what the reason for that is, well they will have to find out themselves.

Lu was by the academy gates practicing Tai Chi, a "martial art" that was more so a series of movements that, although mimicked kung fu, was done so in a slow manner as a form of meditation. Wearing a simple pair of black trousers with an orange sash around his waist, he kept his eyes closed as he connected with his inner chi. His breathing was slow like his movements. Each action was done with grace, as if he was a leaf caught in a slow summer breeze, hovering above a quiet creek in a forest. On his waists were his master's gourd, and the Jian given by the gods.

Lu was by the academy gates practicing Tai Chi, a "martial art" that was more so a series of movements that, although mimicked kung fu, was done so in a slow manner as a form of meditation. Wearing a simple pair of black trousers with an orange sash around his waist, he kept his eyes closed as he connected with his inner chi. His breathing was slow like his movements. Each action was done with grace, as if he was a leaf caught in a slow summer breeze, hovering above a quiet creek in a forest. On his waists were his master's gourd, and the Jian given by the gods.
As he was practicing in intrusive buzzing sound was piercing his focus, the sound of a fly's wings buzzing incessantly. Anyone else would be able to see a fly flying in loops around Lu with a strange insistence. Meanwhile the front of the gates had a small area for new students to gather where a couple other students sat watching or doing their own thing.

As he was practicing in intrusive buzzing sound was piercing his focus, the sound of a fly's wings buzzing incessantly. Anyone else would be able to see a fly flying in loops around Lu with a strange insistence. Meanwhile the front of the gates had a small area for new students to gather where a couple other students sat watching or doing their own thing.
Naos was sitting in the grass by the gate watching Lu do his Tai Chi. She was wearing a light blue crop top with a collar and sleeve that stopped a little bit before her her stomach with a matching blue skirt. Her whole outfit gave a shimmery sense of stars. She also had on a pair of brown sandals. She found his movement kind of like a dance, a very slow dance but a dance. She chuckled softly seeing the fly try to invade his space.

Naos was sitting in the grass by the gate watching Lu do his Tai Chi. She was wearing a light blue crop top with a collar and sleeve that stopped a little bit before her her stomach with a matching blue skirt. Her whole outfit gave a shimmery sense of stars. She also had on a pair of brown sandals. She found his movement kind of like a dance, a very slow dance but a dance. She chuckled softly seeing the fly try to invade his space.
Lu was doing his best to ignore the fly, but Naos was able to see his eye brows twitch. Lu was clearly getting annoyed by the insect. Lu slowly exhaled his breath before quickly throwing an open palm at the fly with the intent to catch it, twisting his hips, causing his gourd to shake violently that anyone nearby could easily hear the swishing of liquid inside.

Jordan
Lu was doing his best to ignore the fly, but Naos was able to see his eye brows twitch. Lu was clearly getting annoyed by the insect. Lu slowly exhaled his breath before quickly throwing an open palm at the fly with the intent to catch it, twisting his hips, causing his gourd to shake violently that anyone nearby could easily hear the swishing of liquid inside.
Jordan stretched out his arms watching them from the top of a tree swinging his legs with little concern over the goings on. "Hey maybe it wants whatever's in your bottle!" He extended his staff till it hit the floor and slid down it landing deftly on the ground

Musicnotes Musicnotes Drumonkey Drumonkey Dragunov Dragunov The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth

Amanra just stood nearby watching the group chat amongst themselves. The gold scarab that sat upon her shoulder chittered away at her.

“Ok ok ok, Ankh calm down, I’ll ask them, just be patient” she told the bug to quiet it’s chittering

Amanra looked at the group “uh… would anyone care if my beetle took care of that fly? He is a bit hungry right now…” she asked

Last edited:
Musicnotes Musicnotes Drumonkey Drumonkey Dragunov Dragunov The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth

Amanra just stood nearby watching the group chat amongst themselves. The gold scarab that sat upon her shoulder chittered away at her.

“Ok ok ok, Ankh calm down, I’ll ask them, just be patient” she told the bug to quiet it’s chittering

Amanra looked at the group “uh… would anyone care if my beetle took care of that fly? He is a bit hungry right now…” she asked
Jordan

Jordan stretched out his arms watching them from the top of a tree swinging his legs with little concern over the goings on. "Hey maybe it wants whatever's in your bottle!" He extended his staff till it hit the floor and slid down it landing deftly on the ground
Lu was about to catch the fly, but was then interrupted when Jordan spoke "I doubt it. Master's gourd doesn't have anything a fly would want." Lu then held the gourd and shook it "Now it probably does." He licked his lips before looking to Amanara "I suppose so. I don't plan on eating the fly myself." He then began drinking from the gourd, taking big gulps before placing the cork back on and grinning. "So I assume you are acolytes too?"

Lu was about to catch the fly, but was then interrupted when Jordan spoke "I doubt it. Master's gourd doesn't have anything a fly would want." Lu then held the gourd and shook it "Now it probably does." He licked his lips before looking to Amanara "I suppose so. I don't plan on eating the fly myself." He then began drinking from the gourd, taking big gulps before placing the cork back on and grinning. "So I assume you are acolytes too?"
The fly deftly dodged his swing but immediately an aura of cold appeared around him chilling the air before the fly turned into a person landing a few feet from Lu "no scarab is going to eat me."

Aiolos spoke in a low tone her gaze fierce but also looking down slightly. Her demeanor was soft-spoken but anyone within a few feet could feel a chill from her as an orb floated near her shoulder. The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Musicnotes Musicnotes

Jordan

The fly deftly dodged his swing but immediately an aura of cold appeared around him chilling the air before the fly turned into a person landing a few feet from Lu "no scarab is going to eat me."

Aiolos spoke in a low tone her gaze fierce but also looking down slightly. Her demeanor was soft-spoken but anyone within a few feet could feel a chill from her as an orb floated near her shoulder. The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth Rcticwolf Rcticwolf Musicnotes Musicnotes
"Acolyte..that means follower.. I guess we all are followers in a way." Naos said softly as she stood up from the grass, brushing herself off. She watched as other came around making mention of the scarab wanting to eat the fly. She looked seeing Aiolos appear in replace of the fly and looked at the orb that was floating. " that's pretty."

"Acolyte..that means follower.. I guess we all are followers in a way." Naos said softly as she stood up from the grass, brushing herself off. She watched as other came around making mention of the scarab wanting to eat the fly. She looked seeing Aiolos appear in replace of the fly and looked at the orb that was floating. " that's pretty."
Aiolos blushed slightly and nodded her head to Naos smiling slightly "thanks... It's ice my mom gave me."

Jordan rested his hands behind his head. "So who's your mom."

"Oh.." Lu bowed to Aiolos "My apologies, I was not aware." He looked at Naos "I could not think of any other word that would be appropriate. My English isn't the best."

Jordan rested his hands behind his head. "So who's your mom."
Aiolos shifted slightly before turning into a wolf and laying down with their paws covering their eyes. In a quiet but perfectly understandable voice they said "Loki."

Aiolos normally would've downplayed their parental situation but since they were among peers or at least soon to be peers they couldn't bring themselves to be overly rude by not saying anything.

Aiolos shifted slightly before turning into a wolf and laying down with their paws covering their eyes. In a quiet but perfectly understandable voice they said "Loki."

Aiolos normally would've downplayed their parental situation but since they were among peers or at least soon to be peers they couldn't bring themselves to be overly rude by not saying anything.

“Interesting, I guess I’m not the only one in a situation like that” Amanra replied

The scarab chittered again

“Ankh seriously, you need to relax, I doubt them mean us harm, and I’m sorry you couldnt get your snack, I’ll find you something later” she stated

The scarab chittered as if it was being smug

Aiolos blushed slightly and nodded her head to Naos smiling slightly "thanks... It's ice my mom gave me."

"Oh.." Lu bowed to Aiolos "My apologies, I was not aware." He looked at Naos "I could not think of any other word that would be appropriate. My English isn't the best."
"That's okay. " she smiled at Lu. "That looked like some fun dancing. Maybe you could show me sometime. " she looked back over at Aiolos and tilted her head seeing her shape shift. "Loki..loki? I'm not familiar with her." It was true. She didn't know much of the gods besides the ones on Olympus. She knew coming here, she would learn about others.

“Interesting, I guess I’m not the only one in a situation like that” Amanra replied

The scarab chittered again

“Ankh seriously, you need to relax, I doubt them mean us harm, and I’m sorry you couldnt get your snack, I’ll find you something later” she stated

The scarab chittered as if it was being smug
Aiolos moved a paw to reveal an eye before saying "I'm not an acolyte but it seems like I'm definitely not alone."
"That's okay. " she smiled at Lu. "That looked like some fun dancing. Maybe you could show me sometime. " she looked back over at Aiolos and tilted her head seeing her shape shift. "Loki..loki? I'm not familiar with her." It was true. She didn't know much of the gods besides the ones on Olympus. She knew coming here, she would learn about others.
Aiolos' ears perked up and they lifted their head up as their tail smacked the ground lightly showing their approval. "You don't know Loki? That's ok they're part of the Norse pantheon so If you don't know her you don't need to."

"Loki? I thought Loki was a man in the Mythology. Eh learn something new." He shrugs

"Loki? I thought Loki was a man in the Mythology. Eh learn something new." He shrugs
Aiolos sat on their haunches though her gaze was aimed downward "well mom is a shape shifter so... She can be whatever she wants though I thought most gods were like that."

Aiolos moved a paw to reveal an eye before saying "I'm not an acolyte but it seems like I'm definitely not alone."

Aiolos' ears perked up and they lifted their head up as their tail smacked the ground lightly showing their approval. "You don't know Loki? That's ok they're part of the Norse pantheon so If you don't know her you don't need to."

Aiolos sat on their haunches though her gaze was aimed downward "well mom is a shape shifter so... She can be whatever she wants though I thought most gods were like that."
" Norse patheon..got it. This is true..Zeus has been known to become a lot of different things." Naos said looking down as she counts on her hands how many animals Zeus has been.

"It's a form of meditation. I will be sure to teach it to you."
" Norse patheon..got it. This is true..Zeus has been known to become a lot of different things." Naos said looking down as she counts on her hands how many animals Zeus has been.
"I only know rumors of these gods. Who exactly is Loki?" Lu seemed puzzled.

"It's a form of meditation. I will be sure to teach it to you."

"I only know rumors of these gods. Who exactly is Loki?" Lu seemed puzzled.
Aiolos somehow shrugged her wolf shoulders "Loki is... A shape shifter from the Norse pantheon and known to be a bit of a troublemaker."

Aiolos somehow shrugged her wolf shoulders "Loki is... A shape shifter from the Norse pantheon and known to be a bit of a troublemaker."

“Sounds a lot like my dad” she replied with a bit of irritation as she didn’t like talking about her father in the least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back