• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser It would go like this.

Name of Arte: Pyrocharge
Type: ATK
Description: Kirva unleashes unrestrained force on a single blow, enhanced by her flame.
Gimmick: Roll a 20 sided die. If the result is 15* and higher, Emblaze. Otherwise, a Backdraft occurs.

*Can be lowered by Arte rank succession.

Emblaze: Refund half the SE cost.
Backdraft: Take 1 HP damage on the subsequent turn.​
Elemental: Fire
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

For Stats
Strength lvl 1-3 = 12 TP

Speed lvl 1-3 = 12 TP

Range = 25 meters (20 TP)

Attack Dice x4 (16 TP)

Bow and Arrow, 4 TP = 20 arrows

Arte 2 is basically the Uchiha's Great Fireball Jutsu, rip-off.
Arte level 2
Name of Arte: Great Snowstorm Howl

Description: The Tsurara clan's signature tecunique. By focusing on lung capacity power, Ria unleashes a breath of hail and blizzard that freezes her enemies.

Elemental: Ice

I need help on an effective dice for that. Reinhardt Reinhardt and Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Item Special Ability:
Description: A personal item you have or will obtain that is imbued with a special ability
Cost: 20 TP
Must be approved by the GM

Sorry for the spam. I am also curious about this since Ria is a Bowman.

Pretty sure ATK artes deal damage based on their CCA cost. And single-target at best.

Can't recall for certain whether there were damaging FLD (AoE) artes though.

Item Special Ability:
Description: A personal item you have or will obtain that is imbued with a special ability
Cost: 20 TP
Must be approved by the GM

Sorry for the spam. I am also curious about this since Ria is a Bowman.

So I came up with this idea for an item, to be similar to obtaining a very special trinket for a character.
For example:
IC: Ria receives a bow from a friend who died in the war. The bow has alchemic symbols engraved into it housing some form of power.
OOC: The bow has a 1 time special ability to strike a target with -5HP. It cannot be contested by any other effect.

Something to that effect. In a sense it is similar to having an Arte. But I wanted this to be something a character can reach towards in the future.

For Stats
Strength lvl 1-3 = 12 TP

Speed lvl 1-3 = 12 TP

Attack Dice x4 (16 TP)

Arte level 2

Description: The Tsurara clan's signature tecunique. By focusing on lung capacity power, Ria unleashes a breath of hail and blizzard that freezes her enemies.

I need help on an effective dice for that. Reinhardt Reinhardt and Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Cool I'll set this up soon. Still working on other players stats.

Arte level 2 is

APPROVED.

You technically do not have to set up any dice rolls for artes. Artes are absolute unless acted upon by other artes.

Pretty sure ATK artes deal damage based on their CCA cost. And single-target at best.

Can't recall for certain whether there were damaging FLD (AoE) artes though.

Correct. Damage is constant for ATK artes relating to their CCA.

All artes except some DEFs and FLDs can target only (1) unit whether enemy, ally, other.

To increase the amount of unit targeted, OC's require targeting support tech and Artes multi-cast abilities.
I was actually pondering a slight modification regarding this subject during the last RP. Especially regarding ATKs where the higher the level ATK arte, the more targets it could effect.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Phera's Upgrades
I am trying to build an agile mage. So this first step it to bring her combat support specs to a reasonable level. Once you finish your other artes then we can really go to town on her mage aspect.
BTW I noticed in your OC's CS that you highlighted the Lightning and ATK in the combat section. Not too sure if that has any significance, but characters class mean they can use all those available elements and arte types listed on their class, and not limited to choosing 1 of each :)

She is a paradox of sorts. On the one hand her family history is that of a proud military noble family. On the other, she was raised by the modest Guardian Clan of the Elves who detest war, and specialize in healing. So if you are building those artes, maybe mix up some ATK and HEAL types.

CCA: 3 -> 6 = 12TP
HP: 4 -> 6 = 12TP
SE: 25 -> 29 = 12TP

Strength level 1 : 4TP
Endurance level 1: 4TP
Speed level 1: 4TP
Jump level 1: 5TP
Jump level 2: 5TP
Range level 1: 5TP
Range level 2: 5TP

ATK dice: 2 -> 5 = 12TP
DEF dice: 3 -> 5 = 8 TP
EVA dice: 2 -> 5 = 12TP

Slav Slav I will work on yours next.

Slav Slav

Long range sharpshooter. I tried as much to increase the Range of your OC's firearms. Currently it reaches 45m
I bought your ammo and loaded it for the next engagement scenario.
There is also a new item available to firearm OCs that doubles their range for a few shots.

Base Stats:
HP: 4 -> 6 = 12TP
CCA: 3 -> 6 = 12TP

Range 1-8 = 36TP

Item Slot 1: Free
Item Slot 2: 10TP

Item Slot 1: 10 rounds
Item Slot 2: Eagle Eyes = 20TP

Items not in use
25 rounds = 10TP

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser It would go like this.

Name of Arte: Pyrocharge
Description: Kirva unleashes unrestrained force on a single blow, enhanced by her flame.
Gimmick: Roll a 20 sided die. If the result is 15* and higher, Emblaze. Otherwise, a Backdraft occurs.​
*Can be lowered by Arte rank succession.
Emblaze: Refund half the SE cost.​
Backdraft: Take 1 HP damage on the subsequent turn.​

Elemental: Fire

I honestly don't mind the gimmick, but it's one aspect of the gimmick that makes it a real no-no.
Refunding the SE.

Items, energy transfers or energy sensing should be the only means for restoring SE. If you switch Emblazes function for something else let me know :)

For Stats
Strength lvl 1-3 = 12 TP

Speed lvl 1-3 = 12 TP

Attack Dice x4 (16 TP)

Arte level 2

So you might want to buy some CCA so that you can use all 6 dice in one go. Currently you have 3. If you get 3 more CCA you can roll your full 6 dices.

BTW multiposting in the OOC thread is fine

Arte level 2 is
APPROVED

Name of Arte: Steel scales
Type: DEF

Description: Lack of close combat means and lacking armor can become an issue when enemies get up close to the sharpshooter. This Arte allows him to deal with that. By growing steel scales over a specific part of his body, he can effectively block an attack or low level Arte. Because it only covers a specific part of the body, the Arte becomes less effective when dealing with more than one enemy up close.

Elemental: Steel

I hope this is good and if not, I can completely change it. I have a few more ideas I'm thinking of.

Name of Arte: Steel scales
Type: DEF

Description: Lack of close combat means and lacking armor can become an issue when enemies get up close to the sharpshooter. This Arte allows him to deal with that. By growing steel scales over a specific part of his body, he can effectively block an attack or low level Arte. Because it only covers a specific part of the body, the Arte becomes less effective when dealing with more than one enemy up close.

Elemental: Steel

I hope this is good and if not, I can completely change it. I have a few more ideas I'm thinking of.

Nice DEF arte. Technically your DEF arte can block multiple attack artes.

e.g.: 2 enemies use 1 level 1 atk arte each against your OC. If you use Steel Scales, it will have the power to block both.
To balance this out the only drawback is it cannot be used to block for other people.

but yeah this arte is

APPROVED

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Jellal Jellal
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Slav Slav

Hey everyone. So I implemented a soft timeskip in the IC.
There is a small optional engagement scenario that can be arranged.

Also, I'm excited to start the main story. The first part was to make the group stick together, see which players would continue, see how players adapted to the gameplay etc. I never meant for the RP to be mission based anyway. I wanted to return to true story based formed, like earlier iterations of the RP I had. So any future hard timeskips we have will move the plot regarding the war effort events will chain link, engagement scenarios will have more meaning. I have the story mapped out over the next few months if it lasts lol.

I just wanted to thank you for sticking with me. I really hope that for everyone this is where the fun begins!

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Sorry it's been taking forever for me to edit my old sheet(i blame work again). Lots of words and phrasing i used back then woke up my perfectionism just a little. It's all largely the same and thankfully the artes didn't need too much editing. So should be (re)posting it in the CA when i get back from work.

I honestly don't mind the gimmick, but it's one aspect of the gimmick that makes it a real no-no.
Refunding the SE.

Items, energy transfers or energy sensing should be the only means for restoring SE. If you switch Emblazes function for something else let me know :)

Hm. I'll just remove the gimmick and keep the basics of the proposed arte. I don't see any other reward to have the same weight as the HP reduction risk.

So one of my abilities I'm thinking of is 'a flashbang'. I changed it in my character sheet. Are we still restricted to single target abilities?

So one of my abilities I'm thinking of is 'a flashbang'. I changed it in my character sheet. Are we still restricted to single target abilities?

Artes will always be restricted to single targets. Except Field Types.
In order to target more than (1) you need to unlock the proper support tech.
I'm looking into less strict targeting restrictions. But let's stick to this formula for now.

We'll also need to specify the duration of the flashbang to 2 turns. With this duration added your level 2 and level 3 arte are

APPROVED

Last edited:
Sorry, just been busy of late. Things kinda started getting busy at work and I've started extra lessons. Just trying to get on top of everything again, I haven't quit.

Sorry, just been busy of late. Things kinda started getting busy at work and I've started extra lessons. Just trying to get on top of everything again, I haven't quit.

Thanks for your update. Covid-19 has slightly plateaued where I am, so work is getting busier. An old acquaintance suggested we have a discord for quicker replies.

Discord could work, I'm fine with whatever is best for the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back