• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Principle Journey OOC 2020

I rolled, I will make a post tomorrow, I need some sleep for once.

What did I miss? Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser , mind giving me a tl;dr?

Hey there! Welcome back? lol you did not miss much.

A few highlights.

The Unit met up for breakfast to discuss the new mission. It's a prisoner transport, murderer. Politics are involved with this assignment.
On the airship trip to the drop location, Seles passed out new communication devices called Millivox's. Full details in post below

Engagement scenario is now up. The mission was a trap for unknown reasons. Our unit must engage and find out what's going on.

Fred Colon Fred Colon
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Sul_Silver Sul_Silver HIATUS
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Jellal Jellal
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Slav Slav

Hey Everyone,

So there is a new thread that is now available for viewing the Engagement Scenarios. I thought it would be more efficient to put all the scenarios in one thread and constantly update this thread for ongoing engagements rather than having it stay in IC.

All moves, and considerations and stast will be updated to this thread. In the IC, only the plot details will show up to update the story, but stats and that will only change in the ES thread. Thanks everyone and happy hunting.

Slav Slav Nice post btw. I'm guessing the mechanics are not so difficult for you which is a bonus for me as GM :)
We'll have to increase the targeting stats per post for your OC the next time I allocate token points for characters.

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser That sounds good to me. The mechanics are quite easy to understand, I've played board games with similar mechanics, I've just never been involved in a RP that has used Dice.

So the guy attacking me has 3hp. If I use an arte, would I be able to just kill him without retaliation? Also, with the archer thing, could I shoot them with my gun? I don't think I remember anything about weapon types mattering so much though.

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

So the guy attacking me has 3hp. If I use an arte, would I be able to just kill him without retaliation? Also, with the archer thing, could I shoot them with my gun? I don't think I remember anything about weapon types mattering so much though.

Yes, a level 1 atk arte would do 3HP of damage.

Yes, you can target the archers but only after 3 other NPC's are defeated. At the moment, there is only 1 defeated.

So just to be clear, he wouldn't get another attack on me if I used an Arte? Because he would die first?
That's correct. Since all ATKs missed, you have a clean shot for the kill. If the ATKs were not missed, you would have to do something about those ATK's first, then if you have any remaining CCA you could respond with something in the same post

If I'm tracking the groups progress, the stats for the NPC enemy force should be as follows.

Leader Merc X : 12/12 HP
Leader Merc y : 12/12 HP

Grunt Merc A : 0/3 HP DEFEATED
Grunt Merc B : 2/3 HP (STATUS -1 ATK Dice)
Grunt Merc C : 1/3 HP
Grunt Merc D : 2/3 HP
Grunt Merc E : 0/3 HP DEFEATED
Grunt Merc F : 3/3 HP
Grunt Merc G : 0/3 HP DEFEATED

Everyone is doing well that I'm going to engage the Merc Leaders to avoid any attack gaps.

Do guns deal double damage? I've been seeing Dix noting down doubled damage with Kurt's successful attacks.

They do. I've been testing out new mechanics with projectile weapons.

Projectiles: Bow and Arrow
Description: The Bow and Arrow have been staples in warfare and hunting for eons
How to Use:
Player OC must have a Bow.
Cannot be EVA only ATK or DEF with Dice/ Artes
Rolls are similar to ATK 3 and Above = HITS
Damage = -2HP
Missed Rolls count as an Arrow Wasted
Price: 2 TP = 10 Arrows

Projectiles: Firearm Ammunition
Description: The latest in weaponry
How to Use:
Player OC must have a firearm type
Cannot be EVA or ATK only DEF with Dice or Artes
Rolls are similar to ATK 3 and Above = HITS
Damage = -2HP
Missed Rolls count as an Bullet Wasted
Price: 2 TP = 5 Bullets

Ah, that clears up a lot. I didn't know about those so the doubled damage made me wonder what was actually going on.

Still in the process of fine-tuning the mechanics, but we're still in the early stage. I'm finding, similar to real life, guns are OP in the RP when I think about it down the road.

My next dice post I'm going to roll Defense dice, how would a sharpshooter like Kurt defend against arrows?

That's a good question. Before firearms were permitted even with no armor or shield players could use weapons to block attacks.

In other instances players got creative and used the environment. Meat shields, branches and other objects

I'm wondering if firearm OCs should forego defense altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back