• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Place For The Broken

"Here Minxy, stand ack from the door." Grey sets his guitar to the side and steps back. He'd already tried picking the lock, which didn't work, so...

"Is it possible to break the door down?" Minxy looked around for something to maybe take the door down but there was nothing but a harp.

Grey smashes into the door, harder than he needed to, apparently. The old, rotting door breaks off its hinges and the door, with Grey on top of it, go sailing a few feet, barely missing Minxy, then slide across the room, almost knocking the harp over. He gets up. "That was fun." He smiles softly.

Minxy just watches as Grey goes sliding with the door. She tries to hold in her laugh "A-Are you okay?" She dusted off Grey making sure he isn't hurt, making sure nothing teared and ripped.

"I mean.... we can just get another door..? Hopefully the old maid doesn't find out" She chuckled awkwardly hoping the old maid doesn't appear behind them.

"I don't think you can just go get another door, fix the doorframe, and put it back without the old maid noticing."

"I mean we can if we get the exact same door. Or we can fix this raggedy door somehow."

Minxy shrugged. "Let's just hope for the best then." She started to dust her hands off. "Why is there a random harp in the room anyway... The house is just so disgusting and dusty but then there's this nice clean shiny harp in the middle of the room.."

Minxy's hand started to feel a weird sting. She shook her hands to shake the pain away as she noticed there were cuts on the tip of her fingers. "That's weird.... i don't remember getting the- Ow!" The pain got a stronger. She bit the bottom of her lip to keep her from making a sound.

"Those'll happen. If you're gonna try playing a stringed instrument, Your fingers will hurt." Grey goes back out of the room and comes back with a case. "I got calluses and cuts because of this." He lifts it up a bit to show he was indicating the object.

"I don't think I wanna play string instruments anymore," She looked down at her hands wishing the pain will just go away.

Grey sets the case on the ground and opens it. Inside is an acoustic guitar, it looks old. It's black, with silvery lines around it that look like strings or cracks. "I have an electric like this too."

"Is your favorite color black?" Minxy assumed as she looks at the black acoustic guitar.

"I like a lot of colors. I just have this guitar." Grey takes it out and quickly tunes it. Each string rings out clearly, each note haunted and sad. "It sounds good, eh? I haven't even played anything for you yet."

PATCH

I follow the couple around. When the man picks up a guitar, my heart droops. An electric acoustic, so close to the Yamaha semi acoustic that Skylar had. The one that I had bought her for her birthday. She's been missing for about a year now. I watch the man as he tunes it. I look at the headpiece and search for the brand, coming up with nothing. Then I hear the violin. It's closer now. A timeless piece, playing an original song. I look at the other girl. My eyes reflect pain. I have to be hearing things. I watch to see if they notice the sound.

Soon he stops and turns to yet another person he's never seen before. "Hey. Why the long face? Is the violin making you sad?"

SKYLAR

I hear the acoustic guitar ring from over my Violin and make my way towards it. I come up behind a tall man with black hair as he listens to the music. When he turns I almost drop my instrument.

"Patch? I squeak. I set down my violin and jump into my older brothers arms.

"Patch!" I can only mutter his name as I hug him tightly. His arms wrap around mine and I am enclosed in his warmth, safe once again.

Grey packs up his guitar. He then slings it over his shoulder and picks Minxy up, and walks away silently, his footsteps making no sound. He smiles softly when he sees the two reunite. Grey and Minxy pass the two, Grey being slightly taller than the other man. Soon they're going down the hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back