• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Place For The Broken

Wolf swore as she tripped on the uneven wooden floor. "Damn this house!" She ran a hand through her already messy hair and pulled it up into a quick bun. On the back of her neck were more faint white scars. She rummaged through her pockets and pinned her fringe out of her face.

She then began to explore her surroundings, most of the doors in this hallway were locked; a few opened to sad looking empty rooms with peeling wallpaper, broken chairs and faded curtains that led to blank walls instead of windows. In one room she found a dusty bookshelf covered in two books and a little china statue of a dog. She smiled and gently brushed her hand over the cool china, letting her fingers drift over the books, but not daring to open them; for fear they'd fall apart.

Halfway through her search she pressed her ear against the door of one locked room, and heard the lilting accent of Ace and the gentle murmur of Kat. Not wanting to intrude she quietly retreated from that hallway.

Finally, when she was tired of wandering she pushed open one last door, finding a piano, two guitars, and a violin. Although the rest of the room was shabby these instruments were polished and clean. She touched the smooth keys of the piano, but did not play, let her hand run along the strings of the guitar, and ignored the violin.

She sighed and curled up under the piano, waiting for something, someone, nothing, or anyone.

Grey walks around the house, unsure of what to do. Soon, he finds the room with the instruments. Not noticing Wolf, he picks up one of the guitars and tunes it quickly, then starts to play. The song he plays is sad, ringing out like a bell announcing an execution.

"Damn it, I'm here hoping to think in peace and quiet but no, you have to intrude, don't you?" She crawled back out, dusting off her hoodie and sneezing. "Put down the damn guitar already." Wolf rolled her eyes and threw herself onto the piano bench, crossing her arms defensively. "What are you doing in here?"

She frowned and flipped him off. "I'm not blind, you idiot." She hesitated for a bit before asking. "You can get things in here right, I mean from out there? Could you get newspapers?"

"Yeah, I can get newspapers. I'll also show you the way out once I'm satisfied that you won't kill yourself." Grey smiles down at Wolf. "But, judging by how stupid and stubborn you are, it probably won't be for a while."

She kicked at him halfheartedly. "Why does that matter? If I'm dead or alive, all that really matters is that I'm gone, you won't know if I've killed myself if I leave. Anyway, I don't care about leaving right now, I'll deal with that later, I need today's newspaper. You can't read it though, not until I've checked something."

Ace stood up and stretched, letting out a loud groan, "I could definitely go for some food."

"Well then let's go" she says as she gets up. She grabs her jacket, it still barely covers her baby bump. "Damn it"she says quietly to herself. "Let's go" she says once more while walking towards the door.

@Mytix

"I'll go get the newspaper." Grey sighs as he leaves. "And I'm not changing my mind about your suicide. This house'll keep you alive." @Aquaria Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
"Whatever, just get me the damn paper, I'll behave until then." She said in an extremely bossy tone. After he left she gently opened the piano's cover and touched the keys. This house was weird, valuing the condition of these instruments over the fact that it's floorboards were rotten and it's walls were fragile. She sighed and played a simple tune, loving the sound of it's notes echoing into nothing, whispering softly, speaking smoothly. Wolf didn't like people, she hurt them on instinct and they in turn lashed out at her, children were easy, she knew how to not hurt them, they never sense anything wrong with her. Music was another thing that would never betray her, something that never lied to her.

"Scrambled it is." She says grabbing a bowl out of the cupboard and cracked a few eyes into the bowl. She wisks the eggs together and turned on the gas stove. She gets a pan out and puts some oil and poured the eggs in the pan. "Do you know if there is any bacon?" She asks curiously.

@Mytix

Ace watched her, not exactly paying attention to what she did or how she did it, "Nope, I sure don't. Sorry." He sat on the counter and looked over at Katrina, "You might have to be my personal cook!"

"Huh okay, i may not be able to do that after a while but for now, sure why not" she says grabbing a spatula. She looks around and found it. "I guess we do" she says with a smile. She quickly cooks the breakfast and put it on two plates and walks over and hands him one. "Here you go"

Crystal wandered through the city. She couldn't take being in the shelter anymore. She couldn't take anything anymore. Her slow paced walking soon turned into a run. She ran until she came across a house. It looked abandoned, for every single part of the house seemed to be failing. Crystal slowly walked in.

"H-Hello?"

Crystal called out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back