• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Place For The Broken

Minxy smiled. "I have time. And I really enjoy stories... Mind if I hear the story?"

"Sure, maybe as I show you around the house. And then maybe you can tell me your story. I've found that everyone who ends up here has one." He offers his arm to her, as one might in a movie. "There's some really cool rooms."

Minx felt her cheeks get hot and took the offer as she wrapped her arm around his arm. "That seems like a fair trade." She chuckled softly

"Sweet." Grey begins walking, making sure not to go through the doorway the old maid had gone through. It's a long hallway, with old, faded, but beautiful, paintings. "So, would you rather hear my story first or get yours over with.?"

Minx thought about it and started to have a concerned feeling inside her. "H-How about you first?" Minx's voice shook as she tried to hid her fear.

Grey hears her change in voice. "Alright. I'll get into it then." He walks up some stairs into another hallway. "Ever since I've been here, I've been on my own. No parents, no friends, nothing. It was just me. Life had no meaning, no color to it, I just stayed inside on the Internet all the time, just making enough money to buy food and pay the bills. I started going outside eventually, getting into fights every time. I started to get a reputation, among the underground, the sketchy people, whatever you wanna call them. I started getting a good audience after a while, and I got decent money through tips.

"But one day, there was this one guy who came to fight me. His name was Ben. He thoroughly beat the shit out of me, then helped me up after I lost. He became my best friend. He introduced me to his other friends, who in turn became my friends. Street kids, rich kids, regular kids, all in one group. They soon found out about my empty life and nicknamed me 'Monochrome boy' for it. They always told me 'we'll make you colorful,' and I'd reply, 'You Are the color.' That's how I got my nickname." He keeps walking.

Minx was confused. Are the reasons positive or negative? Maybe both? "You said everyone has a reason for being here... What's your reason....? The story is very cute so far."

"They died." His voice seems to have gotten a little colder. "They died and I could've saved them."

"Y-You can't just say it's your fault..... You didn't know what was going to happen...!" She started to feel a little anxious. "D-Don't feel as if you're the reason they died!"

"It was my fault, though." He looks away. Entangle her, too? Really? Lock yourself away. End it. Threat to everyone else. Stay away. He speaks to clear his head. "But what's done is done." It's obvious he still lingers on it, but doesn't want to talk or think about it. "How about you?"

Her heart started to beat faster as she thought about the situation that happened to her again. "My teacher... he molested me. Somehow... everyone found out and i didn't even know who told them... They were told I was the one who was interested into him... Interested into people older than me... Calling me a whore when I didn't know what was going on..." Her voice started to shake as if she was about to cry. "No one... Not even my parents took my side... I st-started to do terrible in my classes. F-f-failed tests so my parents didn't feed me... Failed classes so my family started to b-beat me..." She looked down as she remembered the bruises her parents gave her.

He looks down at her, his eyes soft. "That's... That's awful." His eyes fill up with a hard light, an anger, not directed at her thigh. He still speaks calmly. "To think that someone's family would do that though..." His hands tighten into fists, which tighten even more. He soon gets a hold of himself and relaxes. "I'll stand by you..."

Minxy was silent. Not knowing how to reply to that. "I'm not really worth to stand beside too..." She mumbled under her breath then looked backed up at Grey with a smile. "I'm fine now! N-No need to worry about it.. That's the p-past! Focus on the future" She chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm gonna stand by you, whether or not you think you're worth it." After he hears her say the second thing, he says, "Those who focus on the future too much are no fun to be around. Those who dwell on the past are often sad, and those who only live in the moment seek out cheap thrills, often doing things they might regret..."

"If the past, present, and future are negative.... then which one is the best one to be around Grey...?" She was lost, as if she doesn't know what to do right at the moment.

Grey turns around, not realizing that they had been followed. He appears to be a bit startled. "Thanks, you look nice too..." He's definitely startled.

Minx giggled at Grey's reaction. "Hello! My name is Minxy and this is Grey. May I ask for your name?"

Minxy turned around and her heart dropped. "Aweeeeee...." She was just about to hug Greg and then stopped half way, putting her arms back down. Instead she just told him "It's okay."

He quickly regains his composure, slapping himself lightly. "Sorry, it's just... You startled me. I'm just glad I didn't whirl around with my fist." He looks relieved as he says this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back