[The Human Element] Radio Chatter

this ridiculous mandatory-overtime assignment that was supposed to be over back in 2013 is still going on. I have basically zero free time, where I'm used to working about ten hours a week instead of fifty. T_T I don't think I'm the fascist in this situation, Stefan's former political leanings included. I can't wait until he actually meets a Jewish person face to face, though - or even better, finds out someone he's known for a while is Jewish. He's never ranged far enough back in his timeline that he met one, so they're sorta mythical monsters of legend to him. I'm not sure if he should overreact or shut down when it happens, but it should be excellent drama, regardless.

Dragons don't faze him, he's found plenty of far-future genetic remakes, so Ouroboros is not THAT far out of his comfort zone. But a rabbi would totally freak him out <3 he does still have his inherent prejudice against mutants and liberals, though.

So then Stefan must really not like Vlad, hes like one of the closest things to the first mutant... Or at least that's what all the story's hes ever herd of say.

gatherer818 said:
I can't wait until he actually meets a Jewish person face to face, though - or even better, finds out someone he's known for a while is Jewish. He's never ranged far enough back in his timeline that he met one, so they're sorta mythical monsters of legend to him. I'm not sure if he should overreact or shut down when it happens, but it should be excellent drama, regardless.
There might have been specific reasons why I mentioned Charity's dark hair and eyes <_<

Congrats! You are responsible for stripping one of the most beloved characters of this RP of their powers, but inside you know you did the right thing because she is Jewish.

Or you feel guilty, and you feel guilty that you feel guilty, because she's just a jew, why would you be empathizing with her.

Oh, I don't know about stripping her of her powers. And if she is of Jewish decent, she's not practicing. Also, you guys never did determine exactly what happened with his tech....

Especially if Quinn's involved, and trying to steer him toward paying respect to the Aesir.

[QUOTE="Lady Jane]Also, you guys never did determine exactly what happened with his tech....

[/QUOTE]
Oh, we will be less happy when we find out that shortly after stripping her of her powers, he turned little Nicky into some huge monstrous beast. He calls it a 'recongfiguration', but we know that he had ulterior motives with that 'healing' array that he set up. We should call it an 'ethnic cleansing' array, then he feeds it to Nicky, which is all the proof he needs to demonstrate how bad 'those filthy people' really are as it is reflected in the effect it has on Nicky.

We thought the shadow fae were bad, but when Chronomancer decides to eradicate this sub dimension. We will all be his victims.

[/paranoia]

solyrflair said:
Oh, we will be less happy when we find out that shortly after stripping her of her powers, he turned little Nicky into some huge monstrous beast. He calls it a 'recongfiguration', but we know that he had ulterior motives with that 'healing' array that he set up. We should call it an 'ethnic cleansing' array, then he feeds it to Nicky, which is all the proof he needs to demonstrate how bad 'those filthy people' really are as it is reflected in the effect it has on Nicky.
We thought the shadow fae were bad, but when Chronomancer decides to eradicate this sub dimension. We will all be his victims.

[/paranoia]
Somebody's been spending too much time with Drake.

[QUOTE="Lady Jane]Somebody's been spending too much time with Drake.

[/QUOTE]
You say that like it is a bad thing.

"I don't trust you, so Imma screw with your heads to make sure you're on the level, 'kay?"

Though it's yet to be determined if he really dislikes humans, or if he's just a shit-disturber.

Ourobouros is insulted. Disgust, ehh? How would they /already know/ he's an Artificial Dragon? Hmm... Then again. Magic.

Stefan's face darkens immediately at the thought of submitting to mental influence from someone he can only differentiate from the Fae by height. "Unfortunately, between the defenses most of us have set up against mental intrusion - by the Fae, you know", he begins, with a pointed look at a particular tattoo, "and my responsibilities to particular timelines to maintain their secrets from those who might abuse them, I'm not certain I can submit to any form of mind-scan. However, should my allies wish to, I would provide the service of ensuring for them your good intentions, if you'll lower your own barriers against my own scan and permit me run it."

Nicky's eyes get big when Stefan admits he can even do that, Nicky just carried the talisman back and didn't know every change it would inflict on Stefan's tech.

he wasn't planning on sharing the fact that he could, because he was still a little creeped out that he even had that power, but since it came from his own future he assumes either a) he got paranoid to the point that it was necessary, or b) it saved his ass at some point and so he sent it back to himself. Or maybe c) something really bad happened because he DIDN'T have it, which is why he's offering to deploy it now ^_^

of course, he has to give up a good amount of his protection to swap to that mode...

There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that her mind is still secure. More threats all the time.

[QUOTE="Lady Jane]There might have been specific reasons why I mentioned Charity's dark hair and eyes <_<

[/QUOTE]
He's too far removed from knowing what they look like, he's looking for obvious religious symbols he learned. Stars of David, menorahs, books titled Torah... he's familiar with dreidels, too, although I probably misspelled them and he might not recognize them if they look like toys. He's expecting them to be respected and kept in a church (he's never heard the word synagogue in that context).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back