[The Grid] OOC

Alright, gotcha.

...and apologies once again for the absences. RL is kickin' and not in a good way. I'll do my best to check in at least every other day from now on though.

EDIT: Errr....and how do I use the roller here? :oops: because the roller link says "this page cannot be found"...

After you finish the post, there's a little link on the bottom right that says, "Throw a dice." You click that, put in some info, and hit roll. Is that not working for you?

Gah, last time I tried to post, the site was being worked on, then my Internet croaked. I'm cursed. >.<

I'm pretty sure we used the standard "Mortals" character creation...

And the Throw a Dice works, I guess, just a little awkward.

...also, why couldn't I have gotten that testing roll "in action"? -_-

Sauron. The car chase moves around a lot, so that would be a matter of who's closer at this second. Right now they aren't. Sauron's far enough away that you'll need a vehicle, and cruising into battle in a minivan fill with squishy people is unadvisable. Besides, Szulaski jumped behind the wheel and drove off the second you bailed out.

Szulaski was waiting for an opportunity to get away from everybody. He's had quite enough of being cooped up and was intending to run the moment he had a chance.

If you were addressing the vehicle, vehicles are easy to get. Anything on the street can be hotwired or stolen quickly. If you're talking distance, remember Sauron is, or was, actively trying to bring people to him. You could take advantage of that to ride the essence flows in quickly.

Otherwise, what would you have changed?

Somehow I was under the impression that Sauron and the chase scene were closer than they were. I would have used the car rather than jumping out if I knew that.

Being Temperance primary, would you really have driven the car carrying the person you're trying to protect after Sauron?

If you mean is it better to take the quarry directly to the hunter, then it's better to leave him alone. Also recall Sauron is focused on the car chase right now.

So I either leave the others to get out of the mess by themselves, or I render everything we've been doing in-game since last fall moot.

Eh.... not exactly. Without delving to deeply into the law of narrative causation, you can rest assured we didn't spend this much time developing Szulaski for him to be irrelevant. The primary gains are 1) breaking him out of his containment 2) establishing him as an in Grid resource and 3) insuring that he isn't going to be swept back up. The only one of those that's incomplete up is the third, which is currently being negotiated because the people looking for him, Sauron and the occupants of the black Marauder, aren't actually on his trail right now. On the other hand, he's not going to be any use until he spends some time doing his sculpting thing which is not going to be quick. So there isn't a huge concern with you shepherding him at every moment if, big if, you can sufficiently distract the people who are going after him, ie Section Two. You will need to find him again but A) Hank's with him, and hopefully MM will return eventually, B) this is not an insurmountable problem.

Erin scans the street rapidly, looking for a car, a bike -- something to get her there fast.

After all, one doesn’t simply walk into Mordor.

You find Sauron. It's a Filipino import. There's also a Troll. Both excellent vehicles to ride into Mordor in.

Nah, that's a lie. They suck. You find a Ford Ranger, a Subaru STI, and a Kawasaki Ninja.

Dex + Larceny to hotwire something, diff 1

So things died hard. I won't be returning. I'd like to thank you all for playing. At right around two years this was one the longest running PbP game I've ever been and and my favorite. The best of luck to all of you, and hopefully your other games will lead you to glory.

AbsentMia said:
So things died hard. I won't be returning. I'd like to thank you all for playing. At right around two years this was one the longest running PbP game I've ever been and and my favorite. The best of luck to all of you, and hopefully your other games will lead you to glory.
Your kind of posting all over the site with a new account and I can't prove your Miashara, Whats going on?

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Your kind of posting all over the site with a new account and I can't prove your Miashara, Whats going on?

[/QUOTE]
'AbsentMia' - Miashara. His Ubuntu borked his system.

And that's a shame. :( It's been fun. I'd love to pick things up again if you can ever return. In the meantime I'll just assume Patrick makes it back to Lace. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back