• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Great Unknown

Cale Tucker

Humanity's Last Hope
The Great Unknown

<insert picture of space here>

(I'm on a cellphone, and I can't see picture sizes. I don't want to accidentally post a picture made as a large wallpaper. My computer fried in a power outage, out for repairs)

The great unknown. Not just space, not just what's outside, but even with ourselves. We just don't know. What's behind door number 1,do we want to know? Can we really trust a stranger? Are we sure it's safe? It's good to be cautious of the unknown, it can be overpowering, deadly, horrific, scarring. It could hold good fortune, bring truth, realization, but is any of it worth it?

The Great Unknown is an idea I had mixed with some great scifi films I've watched. One, in particular, "Dark Matter." This story plays out with 5-6 people waking up on a ship, not knowing who they are, or how they got there. A large ship, with its own secrets, and possibly theirs. Their only clue being the dark grey jumpsuits they are wearing.

Their ship is damaged and set adrift in unknown space. Where are they, what happened, what day is it, what's my name... All these questions. The answer is, what do you do? Work together, fix the ship? Or is everyone an enemy, and they are just playing you, tricking you, maybe a new form of interrogation?

You will realize your skills when presented with a specific problem, such as flying a ship or shuttle, knowing how to hit your mark with a weapon, perhaps your field is medical, or science. But you don't know why you know these things, all you know is that pressing this button engages the engines, or that chemical can kill a man in seconds.

The roleplay would have you start on a large ship, but not too big for a minimum of a 5 man crew. Do you explore it with your new friends? Lock them in the cargo and sell them later? Or kill them, before they kill you? Or is the ship itself out to get you?

Evanw1256 said:
I'm very, very interested.
If you make this I'd love to join :)
Thanks, I've reserved a different position in the roleplay, so we have 2/5 interested individuals for a part.

[QUOTE="Cale Tucker]Thanks, I've reserved a different position in the roleplay, so we have 2/5 interested individuals for a part.

[/QUOTE]
I have a few questions:

1) are we going to have a set amount of things we can remember at the start either your choice or chosen by us? If not then what's the point of a CS in this situation.

2) will gender ratio matter?

StoneWolf18 said:
I have a few questions:
1) are we going to have a set amount of things we can remember at the start either your choice or chosen by us? If not then what's the point of a CS in this situation.

2) will gender ratio matter?
You can have a minor say in what your past was, but everyone will have criminal backgrounds. You will private message me your CS's to keep the mystery and the characters section would only hold information discovered.

No, it could be all women, all men, mix, etc

[QUOTE="Cale Tucker]You can have a minor say in what your past was, but everyone will have criminal backgrounds. You will private message me your CS's to keep the mystery and the characters section would only hold information discovered.
No, it could be all women, all men, mix, etc

[/QUOTE]
Aight. Thanks.

Post this around, I'd hate for the idea to die. Having people as back up is great if the original people leave or don't join on creation.

4/5

Looking forward to it! Quick question, I know we get a minor say in our past but will we be able to choose our skills or will you be deciding for us? (Possibly to keep it secret from us to improve immersion, until we figure it out of course)

Since I only have access through my cellphone, could someone post a decently sized picture of space for me to use? More dark, less stars, if you get what I mean. Rectangle /signature shape is preferred

490497-n300_irac.jpg

Is this good?

I'm in class right now so I don't have much time to find a good picture, but I can find another when I get home if that's too big/not dark enough

Yup! You grabbed the last spot so he'll be writing up the post soon. Also, your role is supposed to be kept a secret, that's why we are pming our cs's to him when he gets the thread up (although I was also thinking about maybe making a medic)

:P No problem. It's not that big of a deal since we still won't know exactly what you chose (until you start being skilled at stuff), and the main secret is your character's backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back