The Fleets of Talavah

Alright.

...also...I have to bring this up. If the red is soft enough that it can be broken down and consumed by inhabitants of Talavah then how does it support a giant sandcrawler sized tank?...just...just asking.

I don't know the details but my interpretation of the Red is that it itself is a chemical compound that causes water to freeze at much higher temperatures than usual when it bonds with it, resulting in the ocean of Talavah being frozen. Essentially it's not the red itself that supports the sand crawlers, but several meter thick heat resistant ice.

The form that people breathe in is basically dust residue from the ice that has been picked up by the wind/melted and been taken up into the atmosphere (I think?), while the drinkable stuff is a distilled form of it. It has other uses, such as how Hin has created a very strong form of red tinted glass from it for example.

Ah, alright. I was imagining it as the surface level being frozen but it being liquid water beneath, explaining how they survive since water has to come from somewhere and it can't all be tainted with the red.

Sounds like it's a double process. They'd have to drill through the extremely touch ice and then remove both the salt and the red from the liquid they can manage to get.

Yeah but water has to be coming from somewhere. Every small village in the world can't be importing enough of it from Skadia to support hundreds of thousands if not millions of people every day for centuries, and the lore makes it pretty clear Skadia is protective of their resources anyway. The alternative is that they set up collection tubs that collect rain water and precipitation, but given that there seems to be a biochemical or mystical edge (we haven't really learned if the technology before the world as it is now was an advanced scientific world or an advanced magical world, I'm sure the RP will address this with time) going on would that separate the red from the water since the technology/magic that's causing it seems to have bonded pretty heavily with it?

I'd imagine that the entire process of creating a machine that could remove the bonds would be a forcibly demanded invention during the early years that the Red occurred, 1000 years ago if I remember correctly. While still hard, better versions of this machine would be created over time and would be wide spread through out the world out of necessity. Due to how important it is it's not something that's hidden. That's my take on it though within this world. You'd have to ask Wavebird.

Sorry, been a bit pre-occupied during the weekend losing horribly in a Warmahordes tourney :P

Any of you guys in another RP that needs people? I'm still relatively new to the site and am still looking around. I only have this one and am currently signing up for another.

Really @Red Thunder?

Sorry about that, I figured there wasn't much Jed'd do. Stare at the newcomer suspiciously? XP

And I've been really sick on top of that... but I'll see about getting something posted.

Sorry guys :(

RubyRose said:
Really @Red Thunder?
Sorry about that, I figured there wasn't much Jed'd do. Stare at the newcomer suspiciously? XP

And I've been really sick on top of that... but I'll see about getting something posted.

Sorry guys :(
Hah, well, wasn't sure if Jed would act the hero and try to rush out or anything. Hin's hesitation was supposed to counter point what I perceived to be Jed's heroism.

But I can come up with additional detail and action, if you don't wanna have Jed do anything. That was my bad for the assumption.

Lack of communication T^T It's a super bad thing.

Seriously, sorry about that Red Thunder.

I just wasn't really thinking... but rush in to be the hero? For what? Wait, am I missing something?

RubyRose said:
Lack of communication T^T It's a super bad thing.
Seriously, sorry about that Red Thunder.

I just wasn't really thinking... but rush in to be the hero? For what? Wait, am I missing something?
Yeah. Against the fleet's incursion. It was my understanding that the nomads had a beef with the fleets.

...whoops. Somehow, @Irubus, I missed that Drezdin was addressing Hin. I'll get right on that. Sorry for the wait!

Hin: I'm not that fat!

tumblr_ltgbmgsv5t1qlm0ws.jpg

Pretty much accurate. But before you color it in I figure I'll mention Zazjh doesn't have a beard. If it's too late to remove it that's fine, he'll just have to grow one.

Goldenkitten said:
Pretty much accurate. But before you color it in I figure I'll mention Zazjh doesn't have a beard. If it's too late to remove it that's fine, he'll just have to grow one.
Not to worry! I will take it away :) I can edit pretty much anything at this stage :)

@RejjeN

Also to this and anyone else waiting on me it'll be up tonight or sometime tomorrow. I get home from work and am like, "Do I want to spend my hour of free time thinking real hard and writing, or do I want to play VIDYJAAA GAAAAMEEESS!!!!?" *insert rainbow of happiness here* ...I'll give you one guess which answer wins out most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back