• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Farmhouse Dream { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Washington

No. Not after everything they went through to get here. Not after Ben and Max. Not after every maimed limb and scary night. That wasn’t possible. That wasn’t how it was supposed to go. Nate stopped walking, and when he stopped, so did Carlos. Carlos who was shocked by this because he could only assume what everyone else just did from those words. Nate stared at Alex for a moment, trying to face the facts, but he couldn’t. His hand covered Alex’s on his face. He brought up his other hand too so that he could run his fingers along the cheek where it could match his scars. Beautiful scars that Nate loved. “Alex. Baby please, am I taking you right back to the people who hunt down your people? I can’t be-” Because that’s the truth here. If this was the group Alex feared, what was Nate supposed to do now? After all this time, they were going straight back to where Alex ran from.

Last edited:
Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Alex stopped when Nate did, his head moving to look at him. He felt the hand over his and the other on his other cheek. “It’ll be fine. We’ve come so far. Besides, I’ll have you three. I’m sure you’ll be able to convince them I’m sure.” Alex said quietly. A small smile tugged at his lips. “Let’s save the world yeah?” He added.

Kaleb squirmed a little in Carlos’ arms, wanting to get free. He knew how scary it was to go back to the place you ran from. He’d had that fear that he’d be found by FEDRA, dragged back. It was why he avoided all the other quarantine zones and surrounding areas. He didn’t know about the scars, they never really brought it up, but he knew that Alex had left his people and now was heading right for the group that killed his own. He wanted to let Alex know he wasn’t alone, and that he did have them.

Carlos put Kaleb down but stayed a little away. He wasn’t sure what Alex needed in that moment, and he would wait until the other two tried first. Nate wrapped his arms around Alex in a tight hug for one of them. Or both of them. “Maybe it’s some sort of big misunderstanding. Because there’s a feud. Maybe it’s not so bad.” He pulled away enough to bring his forehead to Alex’s. This had to work. He had to find them. “Maybe they forgot how to save the world, but we can remind them that’s what’s important.” He kissed Alex’s cheeks. The scars. He moved slightly to the side so that he wasn’t taking up all of Alex’s attention.

Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Washington

Kaleb smiled at Carlos and waited as he saw Nate hug him. Alex felt the hug from Nate, the kisses to his cheeks, his scars. “Maybe. If anyone can convince them that would be us.” Alex said softly, then he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over at Kaleb who smiled softly. “We’ve got your back. I know it’s hard to think about going back to the place that killed your own. I was always terrified that some FEDRA person or even my father would find me. So I understand. That’s why we’re here. Together. Strength in numbers remember?” Kaleb said, before he wrapped his arms around Alex from the back, looked at Nate and then back at Carlos. A quick group hug to remind the youngest that they were all there for him wasn’t a bad idea.

Nate realized what Kaleb was doing and resumed his hug, because this was clearly the answer. He only barely had time to look over at Carlos before those big arms were around all of them. Carlos was certainly not one to argue with a group hug. He wished that he knew more about what Alex was going through, but he knew enough. He knew that he loved Alex, and that these people didn’t get to bring him down. Nate, feeling mildly crushed, decided that he was okay with this, because it was for Alex. “This is gonna be good. We are gonna save the world together.” He kept his forehead against Alex’s. “Are you okay?”

Alex was in the middle of a group hug rather quickly. He felt Kaleb hug him first, then Nate hugged him again, before large arms wrapped around all of them. Carlos' arms. He smiled into the group hug, and felt the forehead against his and looked at Nate. "I'm okay. I've got my family behind me and we're going to do just that. Save the world. The four of us together, and then we'll find a farmhouse to retire in." Alex said, as he enjoyed the hug, it was nice and calming. His worries vanished as he enjoyed the moment, before he sighed. "We should probably get moving again, hard to save the world if we're standing here hugging." Alex said with a laugh.

Carlos, arms firmly around them all and not feeling like letting go yet, laughed. “How is it fair that you get to retire when you’re so young? It’s not, is it?” Nate wriggled and tried to push him away. This was enough group hugging for him. Carlos still didn’t budge. “And why don’t you think this could save the world? I think a good hug could save a lot of people.” Nate pushed on him again and finally he moved away. “I’m just saying, maybe there are less bad people than we think. Maybe they just never got enough love in their childhoods.” Nate shook his head, and took Alex’s hand so that they could begin their journey once more.

Kaleb rolled his eyes as he listened to Carlos. Alex could feel Nate wriggle and chuckled. He shook his head as he heard them both. “You know what love? You can try to give them a group hug when we get there. See if that works for you.” Kaleb told Carlos as the hug broke apart. Alex felt Nate take his hand and he smiled, leading the way again. Kaleb took Carlos’ hand as well as they started walking once more. “I think we may make it to the overlook tonight. We’re making good time.” Alex commented as they walked.

“We would make better time if some people could end the group hugs at a more appropriate time,” Nate teased as they, but mostly Alex, led the way. He hid away the anxious feeling he had about all of this. He had too many conflicting feelings and ideas to be able to put them all together. Carlos sighed. “It’s not my fault that none of you know the power of love and friendship. And Kaleb, I might. You never know. Or I might just not, because some people do not need hugs. Or maybe they do but not from me. Some people are rude. Like when they try to kill us. I prefer explosions over that.”

Last edited:

Kaleb heard Nate and chuckled softly. “I can’t control how long someone does the group hugs.” He replied with a smile as he glanced at Carlos. “Well, I guess we’ll find out just what kind of people these are won’t we? And if they get hugs or explosions.” Kaleb commented as Alex looked at Nate. “I know how we can get time back.” Alex said, a grin on his face as he looked back at the other two.

“No one can control me,” Carlos proclaimed. “I’m uncontrollable. At least that way. Though, I have a feeling that I can probably be swayed in plenty of other ways I do not know but could be exploited by others.” Nate rolled his eyes, but he loved it. He loved having the two of them with them. It was so much better when they were all together. He squeezed Alex’s hand. “And what exactly do you have in mind? Because that look you’re giving me is scary, and I am definitely afraid.”

Kaleb laughed and shook his head as he walked beside Carlos. "Yes my love, no could possibly control you. Though I'm sure there are ways to sway you." Kaleb said as he nudged Carlos' shoulder with his own. Alex felt the squeeze on his hand and smiled just a little bigger. "We all know I'm the fastest, so I was thinking we could play catch Alex. And I have to avoid all of you. It's like tag but you're all after me." Alex suggested as he squeezed Nate's hand.

Nate grinned and Carlos cocked his head to the side. “You want us, slower than you people, to chase you, faster than anyone else in the world?” Nate asked at the same time that Carlos all but yelled, “I’m in! Does anyone get a prize for winning? Because I feel like winners deserve rewards.” “That’s if anyone can catch him,” Nate chuckled. “That was hard enough playing tag.”

Alex chuckled as he heard Nate and nodded. “It would be even more unfair if I try and chase one of you. But if you really don’t think you can catch me.. then I guess I win by default.” Alex teased as he turned to look at Carlos. “If you catch me then the next time we camp for the night, we can all cuddle together.” Alex said as he looked at the other two. “I’m in.” Kaleb said with a big smile on his face.

This went from goofy idea to absolutely happening to the only path to the future in a very small amount of time, and Nate realized this before he noticed the looks on the faces of their traveling companions. Yep, group cuddles meant it was happening. They were lucky that he liked them. “Okay. So we’re catching Alex. How exactly does this game work?” Carlos threw a loose arm around Alex from the back. He leaned his head over Alex’s shoulder. “Our handsome target runs and we catch him.”

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back