• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fairy War OOC

Oh that'd be fun! Might earn a bit of her respect (most of her exposure to humans has been at their lowest when they're being gullible, she doesn't have a positive opinion. She isn't narcissistic or anything, but she is semi-immortal and has a hard time recognizing the value of human life since it's so short. She's killed humans before, sometimes on accident, sometimes not). Maybe after she realized that you got the better of her she gives you a good sportsmanshippy "well done" and as a prize takes you to the meeting with her?
That works pretty well, yeah

Oh! By the way everyone: so I picture where we meet is this smaller island in between some of the others. Maybe we meet in a cave in the island to hide? What should it look like (keeping in mind the tech and flavor)? Maybe we have furniture from spring, winter, and autumn randomly mixed together, like a table from autumn and flower shaped chairs from spring etc. etc.? We can get really creative with the clubhouse thingy. Maybe it even has offshoot rooms that we could theme around the 3 seasons we're in or each have a room to ourself that have various uses, like one could be a kitchen but also solidly the domain of Maple (if you want) or something? Kearneys would probably be either a lab/apothecary or a hangout room but either way probably unwise to enter unless you're 110% certain you know where every single trap is, and even then...
What do you think?
Yeah I think mixed furniture is a great idea! Maybe we could have like a common room for all of us filled with it, and then each have our own room that we can make unique to us, decorate it freely, and act as our personal domains.
Maple’s would definitely be a kitchen which will always smell of freshly baked goods, and it’ll be messy but she never lets anyone organize it as she knows where everything is. Though maybe somebody would need to help watch over or make the whole room fire-proof somehow because she’s prone to accidents

I think Kearneys will be an apothecary full of her poisons. I guess she's the official group healer? She's very good at it, she's just a bit ornery about actually doing it. I'll try and find something to make a 180 of her lab.
What else do we want for the main room? Presumably poison and traps aren't allowed? What do we do for lighting? What do we have on the walls?

Maybe the top of the island is a garden? That could be someones domain or just a disguise that Winnie and Kearney maintain.
The domains, by the way, I picture generally being open to everyone but like officially under a certain fairies control (like a kitchen). The apothecary will be like the nursing clinic if anyone is hurt. Trust Kearney to mend your migraine at your own risk (if it's serious she'll probably actually help, or at least warn about side effects). Other potential spaces might be a garden, a game room, a library, maybe an arts studio? of course come up with your own, those are just for if you're stuck.

I think Kearneys will be an apothecary full of her poisons. I guess she's the official group healer? She's very good at it, she's just a bit ornery about actually doing it. I'll try and find something to make a 180 of her lab.
What else do we want for the main room? Presumably poison and traps aren't allowed? What do we do for lighting? What do we have on the walls?
Definitely a seating area like a conversation pit around a fireplace I think would be nice. Also maybe the doors to each room can be hidden doors? Like behind a bookshelf or something like that. It’ll be fun
Poison and traps are fine as long as we all know about it, so anyone else that’s not in our secret club would have a hard time snooping around our club house.
For lighting….. fairy lights?😂 Or if we wanna get technical lanterns on the walls would be cute.
On the walls, we could paint it, one side for each season, or just three seasons representing the members.
Maybe the top of the island is a garden? That could be someones domain or just a disguise that Winnie and Kearney maintain.
The domains, by the way, I picture generally being open to everyone but like officially under a certain fairies control (like a kitchen). The apothecary will be like the nursing clinic if anyone is hurt. Trust Kearney to mend your migraine at your own risk (if it's serious she'll probably actually help, or at least warn about side effects). Other potential spaces might be a garden, a game room, a library, maybe an arts studio? of course come up with your own, those are just for if you're stuck.
I agree with it being open for everyone but it’s officially a certai fairy’s sort of domain.
I’d love a library, though Maple would definitely just be there for the smell of books & the atmosphere, and just take a nap lol
Maple would do her best to help with the garden if there’s one, she’d make cookies with flowers too

Yesss it's a cave so it probably only has 3 walls to begin with. I love secret doors! When I get a house it'll be full of them. Kearneys will be an orchid plant. Hidden by the leaves of the plant is a fake foxglove, you have to pull the foxglove to get the door to appear. Don't touch the sides of the door, you'll get a nasty rash.
Laterns might be difficult with the tech, although I suppose we could use some plant mixture for burning (Kearney could probably make something). What about glowing plants? I'm thinking glowing flowers for the apothecary because spring, but glowing mushrooms would be more cave appropriate. Also maybe glow worms or lightning bugs? Lightning bugs inside lanterns? Ohhhhhh glowing crystals!
The books in a library could be useful for figuring out plot stuff. Kearney might even frequent the map section, since she likes to travel so much. She might bring the library person with her sometimes so the studious one gets to see all the exotic things and make more maps (and also get them into trouble). If nobody else wants the library, maybe it's a shared room that Maple is slightly more in charge of than everyone else?
I don't know what the writers camp will be yet. I know it's got 3 classes that I'll go to and that there's a temple on campus.

Here's some AI art I generated for her cave. It makes it look like a cavern or like it's partially outside, it isn't. It's lit by glowing flowers. It has a sick bay with beds and a small underground waterfall for fresh water. It's full of weird magical plants. Near the sickbay is a workspace full of strange potions and poultices that are sitting on a table beside equipment, pestles, herbs, and illegible notes. It doesn't have any candles, all the lighting is flowers except over some of the plants, which have glowing crystals for light. Not super well lit, but enough to see by. Her workspace has potted glowing flowers to see by. It's not very high but there's plenty of shallow space for growing plants, many of which most fairies have never seen before (she keeps them here because they're very illegal and probably dangerous and foreign). Some are from places no living being has ever reached because she can fly and is willing to risk the danger and spend the time to find them.

Attachments

• image_generation_44162_e8762cc0-1c34-11ee-9498-b384cfe7acd4_image0_1024_1024.png
    image_generation_44162_e8762cc0-1c34-11ee-9498-b384cfe7acd4_image0_1024_1024.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image_generation_44162_9127dd10-1c34-11ee-b6a2-395a1529734d_image0_1024_1024.png
    image_generation_44162_9127dd10-1c34-11ee-b6a2-395a1529734d_image0_1024_1024.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yesss it's a cave so it probably only has 3 walls to begin with. I love secret doors! When I get a house it'll be full of them. Kearneys will be an orchid plant. Hidden by the leaves of the plant is a fake foxglove, you have to pull the foxglove to get the door to appear. Don't touch the sides of the door, you'll get a nasty rash.
Laterns might be difficult with the tech, although I suppose we could use some plant mixture for burning (Kearney could probably make something). What about glowing plants? I'm thinking glowing flowers for the apothecary because spring, but glowing mushrooms would be more cave appropriate. Also maybe glow worms or lightning bugs? Lightning bugs inside lanterns? Ohhhhhh glowing crystals!
The books in a library could be useful for figuring out plot stuff. Kearney might even frequent the map section, since she likes to travel so much. She might bring the library person with her sometimes so the studious one gets to see all the exotic things and make more maps (and also get them into trouble). If nobody else wants the library, maybe it's a shared room that Maple is slightly more in charge of than everyone else?
I don't know what the writers camp will be yet. I know it's got 3 classes that I'll go to and that there's a temple on campus.
I was thinking there’s definitely some fairies that made some fairy lights, not with human electricity or tech, but with magic. Or the old timey lanterns to put candles in like theseIMG_8153.jpegIMG_8154.jpegIMG_8155.jpeg

Though now I’m imagining Maple’s Kitchen to be lit by glow in the dark mushrooms like these
IMG_8156.jpegIMG_8157.jpegIMG_8158.jpegIMG_8159.jpeg

Here's some AI art I generated for her cave. It makes it look like a cavern or like it's partially outside, it isn't. It's lit by glowing flowers. It has a sick bay with beds and a small underground waterfall for fresh water. It's full of weird magical plants. Near the sickbay is a workspace full of strange potions and poultices that are sitting on a table beside equipment, pestles, herbs, and illegible notes. It doesn't have any candles, all the lighting is flowers except over some of the plants, which have glowing crystals for light. Not super well lit, but enough to see by. Her workspace has potted glowing flowers to see by. It's not very high but there's plenty of shallow space for growing plants, many of which most fairies have never seen before (she keeps them here because they're very illegal and probably dangerous and foreign). Some are from places no living being has ever reached because she can fly and is willing to risk the danger and spend the time to find them.
Those look so cool !!! Maple would definitely be nervous about the illegal plants if she knew about it

I mean, there's nothing to be nervous about, only like 90% of them could kill you... ok maybe 95%.
Those are cute! Yeah, those would probably work. The spring ones are probably flower shaped. Keep in mind though, I don't think any season can make light, however there are probably magical plants that can burn without burning. Possibly bright enough to light the room without going out for several hours (like an 8 hour life span seems reasonable). Kearney could probably make a resin to do that. Maybe there are some glowing mushrooms around the base of the walls too for cave aesthetic?
What do we do about the stalagmites? The stalagtites we can hang lanterns from. Maybe some of the stalagmites we use as legs for a table? Most of them will just kinda get in the way and be tripped on. Hard to make a space cozy when you keep stubbing your toes on rocks...

So Candy has to drop out. I think everyone else's characters are made. Let's get all our interpersonal connections worked out, then we'll be pretty much ready to start, besides working out what gossip we've each heard.

So what's the relationship between Winnie and Kearney? They might be childhood friends or even relatives?
Also, Maple, for backstory maybe Kearney and Maple had a run-in, became sorta friends, started a club, and Kearney probably dragged Winnie in immediately if she knew her (she seems the pushy sort) and the three of us have been carrying on some sort of secret friendship since? Then of course Oerganus shows up in time for the plot. Does that sound good?
Oerganus, you're going to have to think of stuff to do while the rest of us are doing fairy stuff. This is pretty slice of life and not all the time is devoted to plot.

So what's the relationship between Winnie and Kearney? They might be childhood friends or even relatives?
Also, Maple, for backstory maybe Kearney and Maple had a run-in, became sorta friends, started a club, and Kearney probably dragged Winnie in immediately if she knew her (she seems the pushy sort) and the three of us have been carrying on some sort of secret friendship since? Then of course Oerganus shows up in time for the plot. Does that sound good?
Oerganus, you're going to have to think of stuff to do while the rest of us are doing fairy stuff. This is pretty slice of life and not all the time is devoted to plot.
Yeah that sounds good!

I mean, there's nothing to be nervous about, only like 90% of them could kill you... ok maybe 95%.
Those are cute! Yeah, those would probably work. The spring ones are probably flower shaped. Keep in mind though, I don't think any season can make light, however there are probably magical plants that can burn without burning. Possibly bright enough to light the room without going out for several hours (like an 8 hour life span seems reasonable). Kearney could probably make a resin to do that. Maybe there are some glowing mushrooms around the base of the walls too for cave aesthetic?
What do we do about the stalagmites? The stalagtites we can hang lanterns from. Maybe some of the stalagmites we use as legs for a table? Most of them will just kinda get in the way and be tripped on. Hard to make a space cozy when you keep stubbing your toes on rocks...
Yikes, Maple probably hurt herself a few times (or rather, a lot of times). Yeah we could utilize them as table legs, maybe for seats we mostly use hammock or swing style seats? And for walking we're just gonna have to get used to it getting around, or fly using our wings?

Hello. I'd be interested in playing an elf if that works and if you guys are looking for another player.

Sorry for the radio silence! I’ve been a bit busy. I’ll respond to all the plot ideas for Winnie after I get back from the store ^^

Sorry I've been gone, I was unexpectedly offline. I might be next week too, hopefully not. I do think I'll be busy though.
Zach, unfortunately there's only one slot open and 3 people already in line for it. Check the recruitment tab for details.

Hi everyone!
Puddle here!
I've literally only glanced at the pages here but I love the amount of plotting going on and I'm excited to join in!!

Sorry I was out for a while, I'm back now, let's finish all the pre-rp work so we can finally start playing. I don't think anyone else has their relationships mapped out, please get on that. Also start thinking about what your character might have heard (Oergonus, consider whether you heard from multiple fairies or just Kearney. Kearney probably isn't the most reliable source and probably told you the fairies were already at war and on the brink of killing off a season or something. If she learned you were attached to summer she probably told you summer was on the brink of destruction but it was all their fault and they deserved it and she was actually on her way to kill the last summer fairy, so that would be fun.)
Winnie, what's our connection? I assume we know each other from Spring? Relatives, friends, rivals?

If you have something in mind for what your caves look like (Fairies) or homes (everyone) or maybe study (Oeragonus) put it there.

So activity levels seem to have slipped. Lets do role call- everyone involved post something as soon as possible to verify that everyone is here.
Checklist:
TWSB- X
World- X
Reply soon please!

Last edited:
So activity levels seem to have slipped. Lets do role call- everyone involved post something as soon as possible to verify that everyone is here.
Checklist:
Sky- X
Savannah- X
TWSB- X
World- X
Reply soon please!
I am here, sorry, I'm down at my grandparents and so my service is spotty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back