• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fairy War OOC

Okay, so I talked it over a bunch with Dawn, and my character is gonna be the 1[one] human who's an apprentice wizard who's come to see what all the fuss is about. He's intended to be very much the straight man to some of the other fairies, and he's very much themed after ancient greek traditions of philosophy and scholarship in his general design and personality, if that makes sense.

I do hope no one feels that his magic is excessive or anything

Yep! I love the worldbuilding you put into the magic.
By the way everyone, before we start let's go over how our characters know each other (most of them will be very interconnected). We can intertwine the backstories and should also probably figure out our relationships with every other PC. Won't do that until we've all got characters.

My name is Dawn. I am autistic, LDS, and artist, a writer, a host of other creative endevors, a student, and an english nerd. Nice to meet you!
Hi Dawn! (And hi everyone!) I'm Sky. I'm no longer a student but I am a nerd (geek, really. I'm not academically gifted). Faeries have always been my favorite cryptid. Well, tied with mermaid. Also just a PSA, English isn't my first language so apologize in advance for probably future grammar mistakes or spelling.

Yep! I love the worldbuilding you put into the magic.
By the way everyone, before we start let's go over how our characters know each other (most of them will be very interconnected). We can intertwine the backstories and should also probably figure out our relationships with every other PC. Won't do that until we've all got characters.
I've put it in my backstory but my character (Maple) likes to just stroll around to nowhere in particular, and I think she'd probably stumble upon the secret club meeting one day and then she joins. I put that she was maybe coerced into joining, maybe because she knows of their existence now, and passes some sort of test, but she was going to ask to join anyway so she gladly obliged.

Posted a placeholder in the thread for now, but I should be able to finish Winnie's CS after I wake up.

i definitely can see Kearney having ADHD. & i can't wait to rp and see what trouble she's gonna get them to lol

I think Maple finds Kearney funny, and would join in on her pranks sometimes, and would her know it's a bad idea and tries to persuade her to not do it or at least tone it down otherwise. and she'd be embarrassed if the pranks got too far, and would die of panic if they got in trouble with the authorities because of it

Ok. Kearney probaby thinks of her as a bit chicken and maybe a gullible target but a good friend and would probably beat up anyone else who tried to mess with her. Is that ok?

Of course! Maybe Maple would even ask for Kearney's help in teaching the mean ones a lesson

Just so everyone knows, before we start I'd like to have everyone know what their characters relationship is with everyone elses. I'm going to make sure Kearney has all of hers filled out but I can't keep track of everyone else. You don't have to have positive relationships with every character, by the way. You can have a friendly rivalry or a not-so-friendly rivalry, or you can be best friends since forever.
TWSB, what's our characters dynamic? I know how they met, but how does Oergonus feel about her? She probably thinks she's better than you because her only real exposure to humans has been practical jokes and she probably just thinks of humans in general is big, dumb, and bumbling, but she probably doesn't say that to your face and thinks you're alright (for a human). And she might think that getting you up to the isles is some hilarious joke and might be tricking you. But if you aren't ok with that I can revise it.

TWSB, what's our characters dynamic? I know how they met, but how does Oergonus feel about her? She probably thinks she's better than you because her only real exposure to humans has been practical jokes and she probably just thinks of humans in general is big, dumb, and bumbling, but she probably doesn't say that to your face and thinks you're alright (for a human). And she might think that getting you up to the isles is some hilarious joke and might be tricking you. But if you aren't ok with that I can revise it.
He finds her both annoying and fascinating, sort of like a wild fox that keeps getting into your lawn and screaming at your house :P

When we start do you want to just be arriving? Like Kearney tricked you into coming and then maybe tried to abandon you someplace inconvenient but you followed her because she didn't realize you could fly and thats how you ended up at the (already possibly illegal let alone with a human) meeting place right as all the other PCs met to discuss current events? Or something like that.

When we start do you want to just be arriving? Like Kearney tricked you into coming and then maybe tried to abandon you someplace inconvenient but you followed her because she didn't realize you could fly and thats how you ended up at the (already possibly illegal let alone with a human) meeting place right as all the other PCs met to discuss current events? Or something like that.
I'm thinking that for once Kearney was the one who was tricked, and she led him right over to the Fairy Lands when he lets her prank him before following her

Oh that'd be fun! Might earn a bit of her respect (most of her exposure to humans has been at their lowest when they're being gullible, she doesn't have a positive opinion. She isn't narcissistic or anything, but she is semi-immortal and has a hard time recognizing the value of human life since it's so short. She's killed humans before, sometimes on accident, sometimes not). Maybe after she realized that you got the better of her she gives you a good sportsmanshippy "well done" and as a prize takes you to the meeting with her?

SavannahSmiles- you did a really good job on your character sheet. Very creative.
Candy, could you make your character soon please?
Also, what is the relationship between Winnie and Kearney? They might be related or old friends since they're from the same Isle.

Oh! By the way everyone: so I picture where we meet is this smaller island in between some of the others. Maybe we meet in a cave in the island to hide? What should it look like (keeping in mind the tech and flavor)? Maybe we have furniture from spring, winter, and autumn randomly mixed together, like a table from autumn and flower shaped chairs from spring etc. etc.? We can get really creative with the clubhouse thingy. Maybe it even has offshoot rooms that we could theme around the 3 seasons we're in or each have a room to ourself that have various uses, like one could be a kitchen but also solidly the domain of Maple (if you want) or something? Kearneys would probably be either a lab/apothecary or a hangout room but either way probably unwise to enter unless you're 110% certain you know where every single trap is, and even then...
What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back