• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fairy War OOC

My name is Dawn. I am autistic, LDS, and artist, a writer, a host of other creative endevors, a student, and an english nerd. Nice to meet you!

Just popping in here to say hello! I should be able to work on my character maybe tomorrow.

Also would we be able to use an anime/drawn face-claim for our characters?

Our characters all know each other because they're part of a friend group. It isn't a cliche, but since it's multiethnic and it's a bit grey whether we're supposed to be friends or interact it's a bit secretive. Especially since Kearney loves breaking rules and probably convinced everyone into making some kind of secret alliance for the fun of it.

Our characters all know each other because they're part of a friend group. It isn't a cliche, but since it's multiethnic and it's a bit grey whether we're supposed to be friends or interact it's a bit secretive. Especially since Kearney loves breaking rules and probably convinced everyone into making some kind of secret alliance for the fun of it.
So everyone's character will be apart of the group?

Probably. There could be a newcomer if somebody wanted to be new or from someplace outside the isles, but the plan is to start with a secret meeting to discuss foreign events. "The group" sounds really clichey and official, it isn't meant to be, I just meant a friend group. But it is a more structured friend group since there's some legal ambiguity and since there's multiple seasons involved.

Probably. There could be a newcomer if somebody wanted to be new or from someplace outside the isles, but the plan is to start with a secret meeting to discuss foreign events. "The group" sounds really clichey and official, it isn't meant to be, I just meant a friend group. But it is a more structured friend group since there's some legal ambiguity and since there's multiple seasons involved.
Okay, just wanted to double-check ^^

I would suggest thinking up a defining personality trait before you start looking for visuals and seasons and stuff (for Kearney it was "mischeif), it makes everything else easier. I didn't even have a name at first. But it was easier to decide to make her look orchid-like because orchids are the trickster flowers (I would have gone with foxglove but the aren't very wing shaped. Foxglove both poisons and heals and Kearney likes playing with poisons).

I would suggest thinking up a defining personality trait before you start looking for visuals and seasons and stuff (for Kearney it was "mischeif), it makes everything else easier. I didn't even have a name at first. But it was easier to decide to make her look orchid-like because orchids are the trickster flowers (I would have gone with foxglove but the aren't very wing shaped. Foxglove both poisons and heals and Kearney likes playing with poisons).
Can it be any type of personality trait?

Dawn is a Changeling Dawn is a Changeling Are the characters hair colors able to be ombre instead of a solid color so long as the colors match their season?

angel___straight_hair_by_lighane_de484eu-fullview.jpg
angel___wavy_hair_by_lighane_de484a4-fullview.jpg

Yeah, of course. Autumn fairies tend to do it a lot, even their skin will be multicolored (like leaves) but all the fairies will do that.
Okay ^^

I'm struggling to find a single picture that has the appearance requirements for either Spring or Autumn, would I be able to use multiple pictures to build her appearance?

Yeah. By the way I painted in my character- yellow makes a terrible skin tone don't do it!!! Yikesssss. I went with green instead, which was ultimatly more orchid-y. I'll attach a picture when I can but the lighting is to bad to take a picture so I have to wait.

Is the marker illustration what you're thinking for your character? (It's really pretty!)
I don't know if you're an artist or not, but if you aren't I can draw out your character for you. I can't necessarily commit to do everyone's character because that takes time, but if visuals are really important to you I can do yours.

Is the marker illustration what you're thinking for your character? (It's really pretty!)
I don't know if you're an artist or not, but if you aren't I can draw out your character for you. I can't necessarily commit to do everyone's character because that takes time, but if visuals are really important to you I can do yours.
Yeah, I was thinking of using either of those pictures for her hair color. But the drawing isn't mine, it's from this artist on Deviantart, their illustrations are really pretty!

Oh no that's okay, I dont want to be a bother ^^ I'm looking through the artist I mentioned above's gallery to see if maybe they have something I can use. Thank you for the offer though, I appreciate it <3

Ok, though it's no bother, I really enjoy drawing. You might try looking at D&D eladrin. I was partially inspired by those when designing the different seasons (except summer because I think eladrin summer are stupid). I painted an eladrin character with hair in all four seasons for my friend (she wants her characters hair to change colors with her mood).

Ok, though it's no bother, I really enjoy drawing. You might try looking at D&D eladrin. I was partially inspired by those when designing the different seasons (except summer because I think eladrin summer are stupid). I painted an eladrin character with hair in all four seasons for my friend (she wants her characters hair to change colors with her mood).
Oooo thanks! I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back