The End of Days RP [If you wish to join, read description]

Alvar knew that they needed a strategy to win this fight. As he saw the catapults rolling out, he immediately knew what needed to go down first. Those could cause some massive damage to the town; coming back to a ruined town would defeat the purpose of winning this battle, assuming they would come out alive if not victorious. His flames could cause some good damage to those, but he wasn't sure about the range. The archers had much more range then him, but they wouldn't do much to those structures. Then he had an Idea: he could put up a thin wall of fire that would ignite any arrow that went through them. That way they could shoot flaming arrows at the elven army and burn down their catapults. He turned to Jaidynn and asked, "If I could ignite your arrow, could you hit one of their catapults?" Hopefully the other mages and archers will do the same if the plan works.

Aleyaah stood behind the row of fighters and knights. Their numbers were meager at best and compared to the Elven army they looked pathetic indeed. She was sure that most of their army would perish, perhaps even she would fall victim to the Elves. But she had known what she was signing up for. For the past several years, she had been on the path which would inevitably lead to her demise. She would prefer it to come later rather than now, but if she was fighting with purpose all would be fine. Of course, she had to keep the boy safe, which would be difficult to do in death...

She positioned herself behind the boy, keeping a careful eye on him. His resolve was great and his resolute little form seemed prepared for what it knew would come. It seemed that the boy had acknowledged that his death would soon come, but he wouldn't go down without a fight. In battle was no time to get emotional, but Aleyaah's heart was breaking. In this cruel world, death did sometimes seem a better fate, but she wanted the boy to go on living. She wanted so much to protect the child who had clearly been through so much. He deserved so much more than he had been given; they all did.

Hatred blazed in her eyes as she looked up at the Elves. They were the cause of everything. If only...if only they didn't exist. For at least some of these monsters, she could make it so. Her grip tightened on her staff as she moved forward to stand at the boy's side. I may perish, but at the very least I'll bring some of these creatures with me.

(Yo, hey, I'm going to have to quit this RP... :S I've been having loads of stuff to do and I don't have time to get on the computer as much. Sorry! Bye~)

(Is Jaidynn and Darrien's father in the ranks of Elves? If so, I'll have them take him down, sort of a family thing :P Oh, and it's Darrien who's the archer, not Jaidynn :P )

Jaidynn looked to her younger brother as the small group began to march forward, ready to take on the elves. She whispered to him lightly, her voice almost a hiss, "You shouldn't be here Darrien, you should be back with the others." Darrien shrugged, his body tense as he looked straight ahead, "No way. If you can do it, and if that boy can do it, then so can I." Jaidynn held back her sigh; she knew her little brother had always been jealous of her, feeling like a failure because he had a good heart. "Darrien, you weren't meant to kill, you're not like that, you're not like Father." He glanced to her this time, his eyes hard, "This has nothing to do with that Jaidynn. These people, these humans are fighting for their lost loved ones, their daughters, their sons, their siblings and their parents. We need to do the same. We lost our Mother too to an elf." Jaidynn looked away with that painful sting. Yes. How could she have forgotten? Her Mother was dead. The last time she had seen her had been years ago; when she was giving her advice about what to do.

Jaidynn sighed, sitting on the end of her bed as she stared at the note she had prepared. She glanced up, startled, as a sudden knock occurred against the other side of her door, hurrying to hide the note under her blanket she called out, "Come in!" The door slowly cracked open, a sign it was either Mother or Darrien, then a head of blonde curls appeared and Jaidynn smiled lightly as her Mother stepped into her room, blue eyes searching her only daughter, as if there was a worry she had hurt herself. Jaidynn was always coming home with bruises and 'war cuts' after school; even at the age of six Jaidynn was a true warrior, standing up for the bullied. "Hello Mother." The woman, seeming pleased with the fact that there were no visible injuries on her daughter, smiled back and moved to sit beside her. "Hello darling." As the woman sat, the paper underneath her crackled. She frowned, and reached down to pull it out from under the blanket, "Mother no!" But it was too late, she had grabbed the letter and opened it, beginning to read. It was short, sweet and simple; explaining why Jaidynn was leaving. Her Mother looked up with a soft, weak smile as Jaidynn's head dropped, she spoke lightly, "I...I just..." Her mother raised her chin gently, giving the young girl a smile as sweet as sugar itself. "Honey, it's okay. I understand." Jaidynn's eyes widened, "You do? But...Mother..how? I'm leaving you to go against Father's orders, aren't you mad?" The woman laughed lightly, a twinkling sound, "Oh Jaidynn, how could I be mad?" She put down the letter, looking to her stunned child, "Sweetheart, all I ever wanted was for you to be the person you are today. The person you are becoming. I may be married to your Father, but that doesn't mean I agree with what he is doing. Of course I'm not mad, you're leaving to do what is right, to protect those who need it the most. You've always done what's right Jaidynn, and that's what makes me so proud of who you are." She stood up, looking to her brave warrior of a daughter, and kissed her forehead gently, speaking to her before leaving, "Do what you think is right Jaidynn; don't let others hold you back."

Jaidynn held back the liquid behind her eyes as they spotted the enemy elves up ahead. That was the last time she ever spoke to her Mother; she left that very night. It was also the last time she would ever get to speak to her, now that she was gone. Those were the words she lived by now. Do what she thinks is right, don't let others hold her back. Of course, her Mother had been talking about her Father holding her back from saving those humans. But still, it was a good philosophy to live by, it was spoken by a wise and honourable woman. So, with her chin tilted confidentiality, her eyes searching for the one elf who's blood spillage meant the most to her, she entered into battle with the others.

Darrien was ready for war; sort of. When Alvar spoke to him though, asking if he could hit the catapult, Darrien almost scoffed at him. Could he hit the catapult? He'd been slinging bows for as long as he could remember, hitting every target dead on; of course he could hit the catapult. It was good to have this distraction though. If he was hitting catapults then maybe he could delay shedding blood. Jaidynn was right, he wasn't meant to kill, but that didn't mean he wouldn't have to. "Of course I can, go ahead."

So many things were rolling around in Dreylain's mind. He was utterly nervous. BY many, he has told many that he was a fine warrior, but his modesty was getting the better of him." "I was standing right here, and I don't believe what you did." "You would make an amazing warrior." "You lost, but you have raw ability. There's no telling how powerful you could become." "Nonense. You are a fine warrior." "The two farmers who almost ended up being killed by the Questing Beast he killed, Nolan the Unutouchable, and Brakkus," Dreylain thought to himself. "They think that I'm that great of a fighter. Then why don't I truly prove it now?" Now he was REALLY READY for war.

Alvar put up a thin wall of fire that would allow the arrow to go through it without altering its course in any way. "If this works we might gain an advantage; a shot from one of those could do a lot of damage." He said, making sure that the other mages and archers could hear him so they could do the same and destroy the catapults as soon as possible. "The fire might also put them in disarray, which will make it easier for our knights and fighters."

The Elves pause, completely unexpecting the small band of soldiers running towards them. Loading as many catapults as possible, the warriors that are able form their ranks, beginning to protect themselves from what may come. One thousand stood, armed and prepared for what may come. The three catapults that were armed were soon fired, the boulders which they held quickly flying up into the sky. One of them, the first, missed greatly, the large rock skittering off far to the right side. The second, flying overhead, slammed into the city's wall, shaking the foundation where it stands. The third and final of the three rockets upwards, flying much farther; somewhere deep inside of the city walls. A scream echoes throughout the valley as the familiar stretching of bow strings silently invades the morning's sound.

With bows in hand, prepared to fire, the Elves wait for the oncoming soldiers to come into range. However, the unexpected wall of fire distracts them, clearly illustrating the magic within their enemy's ranks. Thinking to reason, an Elf covered in steel armor and intricate designs turns towards his soldiers and calls out a command. Quickly, Elves with shield and spears push forward, clearly placing themselves to intercept any oncoming attack. The archers still prepared, waited for their signal as their enemy grew ever close. The Elves were ready for war.

(Sorry about the short response. Lack of time means lack of description. *sigh*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back