• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Darkened Skies

h

TheWingedCrusader said:
ALRIGHTY GUYS :3 I'm looking for some feedback on the rp. What do you guys think? I think open communication is key to keeping everyone interested. What do you guys want more of, what's missing, what works, and what's up! :P
The rp is off to a great start with a simple and unifying beggining and amazing character presentation by the rpers. Much contrary to my concerns, players don't seem to be abusing their OPness, instead taking a very realistic approach to how things play out. The plot seems intersting and with potential, the worldbuilding feels appropriate and deep. Congrats.

However, I worry over two things. One is how the plot will ramify. Although we have a very interesting start, the sort of plot your premise conveys can very easily become too dispersive. Keeping it fresh AND uniting for the characters will be a hard balance to strike. Occasional group breaks are recomended.

The other thing is that, I fear for character arcs. It will seem that in this setting and plot, even though some groups are forming, it will hard to devote the necessary attention or rather give the necessary time for a proper character arc to take root and grow. I'd suggest perhaps allowing backstories to have to do with the plot by picking up possible elements of it and making certain plot points have a large focus on that aspect.

@TheWingedCrusader 's post on sercus. the thing he mentioned that goes invisible is the string that he uses to control the soldiers xD

On my phone, so please excuse any typos and stuff

*realized that I had never hit "post" the first time* .... Ugh.

Alias said:
@TheWingedCrusader I do have the same question as @counterculturist :
Currency!

Loc is the name of the common currency, a square coin with a small opening in the middle. Because some items might be extremely expensive, the currency changes to higher value coins. The currency is split into the following:

1 Sphere = 10 Nocs

1 Noc = 100 Locs

The common price for something like food (fish, fruit, etc.) Might be around 10 Locs a lb.

An apple is worth about 3-4 Locs depending on the market. A new pair of shoes might be worth 1-2 Nocs. A new set of armor about 5-6 Nocs. A new weapons around 3-4 Nocs. Antique items, rare weapons, relics, and all the other extremely legendary/ powerful items go into the Sphere range. Depending on the value of the item, the price could worth as much as 100 Spheres. Depending on your profession, your salary varies.

The currency making machine is Vaulken because they are the merchant powerhouse. All trade goes through them. So if waiting for a delivery, one might ask if it has reached Vaulken yet, or if it has, how till it leaves, or how long since it left. Each city have local delivery pickups and they keep tabs on packages through magic seals they place on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALSO, the battle formation has now morphed into a hexagon with SIX, I REPEAT SIX soldiers remaining.

@TheWingedCrusader , I think you got your math wrong there buddy:

There were 8 soldiers left

They formed a square (4 sides)

There can't be 3 on each side (you're 4 soldiers short of it)

Idea said:
@TheWingedCrusader , I think you got your math wrong there buddy:
There were 8 soldiers left

They formed a square (4 sides)

There can't be 3 on each side (you're 4 soldiers short of it)
4 soldiers for each of the corners

One soldier in between each corner soldier which equals 4 :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Idea said:
h
The rp is off to a great start with a simple and unifying beggining and amazing character presentation by the rpers. Much contrary to my concerns, players don't seem to be abusing their OPness, instead taking a very realistic approach to how things play out. The plot seems intersting and with potential, the worldbuilding feels appropriate and deep. Congrats.

However, I worry over two things. One is how the plot will ramify. Although we have a very interesting start, the sort of plot your premise conveys can very easily become too dispersive. Keeping it fresh AND uniting for the characters will be a hard balance to strike. Occasional group breaks are recomended.

The other thing is that, I fear for character arcs. It will seem that in this setting and plot, even though some groups are forming, it will hard to devote the necessary attention or rather give the necessary time for a proper character arc to take root and grow. I'd suggest perhaps allowing backstories to have to do with the plot by picking up possible elements of it and making certain plot points have a large focus on that aspect.
Yup, no OPness, and the back story stuff? Don't worry, each character has a very unique back story that will all be revealed as the rp moves on. Hope you guys remember the Advisor, and Sirius' talk ;P

And as for plot, there are many different plots, or sub plots I should say. THE plot is to destroy the evil forces and the race of beasts. (Beasts are inherently evil but not all of them are that way) So in essence, simply defeat the King of the Beasts and end the Eternal War. How you get there however... that's the fun of it xD

@counterculturist , tiny correction, Gaudu's armor is something that was built for him after his fall from their homeland, not their father's anything. You character could still probably recognise him by his spears though.

Idea said:
@counterculturist , tiny correction, Gaudu's armor is something that was built for him after his fall from their homeland, not their father's anything. You character could still probably recognise him by his spears though.
Okay, sorry about that. Ill try and rewrite that but if I can't make it good we at least know what I meant. lol.

counterculturist said:
Okay, sorry about that. Ill try and rewrite that but if I can't make it good we at least know what I meant. lol.
Thanks. Another thing you character may notice (after the fight is over, perhaps), which I really think she would is how Gaudus's current wings aren't his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back