The Campfire [An Age Undreamed Of]

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
Gather round ye travellers and listen to our tales. Speak, share ale, and remember friends long since past into the mysts of Time.

Keep your backstories a little flexible folks, I've yet to finalize the setting, so keep wary. I may put Red on her throne again. I likes me a strong Empire.

Prinnies are probably the most endearing game mascots ever. At the very least, they tie with the Servbots ( Kubonnes, whatever) from Megaman Legends.

So, if I'm correctly understanding, the current player groups are:

- Scorpion and Rain

- Matsu, Mirri and Adair.

Any ideas on current relations, party interactions ?

Pfft, I leave that to you guys, haha. You're the ones who have to deal with one another. :D

I'm merely the man who tells the story. I've got a fine way for throwing you all together, but I leave how your individual groups interact in truth. It's not a big concern of mine. I've had PC groups ready to slaughter one another and the anger spills over into out-of-character. Not my problem.

Sorry if that sounds dickish, but that's how I roll.

What's the point of having a group if you can't have group conflict. I suggest that between Matsu, Adair and Mirri that they be aware that the two are Solars - even if they want to think of themselves as Anathema - with Mirri playing the role of a scholar and seer of the cult of the illuminated following them in their service. I think it'd help keep our heads low if the two solars we're trying to keep their secret from their own group and instead concentrated on not being discovered by the Wyld Hunt.

Note that your character would try sprinkling dogma on them from the Cult telling them how special and chosen they are, from the skewed view of the Cult.

And I completely expect none of you to reveal what you are to one another outside your groups. I planned on it, actually. Until later.

Also, Mirri and Rain can't see each other's Resplendent Destinies at all and will therefore instantly recognise each other.

Oh yeah, I will be employing the nine fold propaganda method to the best of my abilities. And yeah, me and Rain will recognize each other instantly and presumably have some words with each other about not intruding on another agent's mission.

On another note, how do you deal with rolls? Also, should I be rolling my initial Resplendent destinies or can I have a couple of decent ones available assuming I'd taken a lot of time beforehand to set them up for this task?

Basically, he let me assume the prayer roll succeeded with base successes, so I was just rolling standard effect. As I recall, you can only have a number of destinies apply to yourself equal to your essence rating, hence why I have three.

Cool. I'm going to do one more read-through of the astrology section, then I'll post up my destinies and combat stats.

Adair is pretty much a blank slate when it comes to the whole Anathema/Solar thing, so He's probably eager to hear any explanations on it, so he's probably given the gold faction propaganda his full attention.

Understanding who he is plays into his motivation anyway.

Matsu is pretty much indoctrinated to the Immaculate side of the debate so he'll be a little sceptical to the gold faction version of the tale at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back