• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Bartender

The Forgotten Host

Civil war has ravaged the once great land of Eleanor. The desolate streets and the scorched boulevards are nothing more but pitiful remnants of what once was. A full out battle has laid waste to the once great city of Ypres. The buildings, weathered by the explosions are now empty and serve only as homes for the memories of the residents vaporized by the magical attrition.

In one of the many decrepit buildings, stands a bar.

It is as devastated as any other building. Yet inside, the tables and chairs are in place (though also fairly damaged). The interior has been dusted clean and a human in formal bartender attire, stands behind the counter, cleaning a glass with a weathered rag.

In the dimly lit room, the bartender waits patiently for the arrival of a customer.

Nimthiriel, an exhausted ranger who just helped a defend village getting attack by robbers has she was pasting through and a troll in the town before. A homemade bow rest on her back and at her waist are two craved daggers, she enters the town and she finds the tavern and relived as she walks to the weather building she pushes open the door to look inside "Hello, are you opened?" she asked in politeness a wolf stands at her heel.

She walk in the wolf at her and sits down sighing at being off her feet. "Sorry for my appearance but robbers and trolls don't really have matters." She say looking at you.

"Something strong. Do you happen to a bone or leftover meat?" She asked nervously. Wait for her reply she looks around the bar. "War been hard too?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"We tend not to mull over such things in this establishment" The bartender reaches under the counter and pulls out a silver platter holding a rather generous looking roasted leg belonging to an unidentifiable creature.

Placing it on the counter for his patron, he reaches back and takes out an iron container. Pouring multiple liquids from various bottles, he closes the lid and begins shaking the container rigorously. In between quakes, he spares a glance at his new patron. "Long day?"

I take the meat breaking it into two pieces I give it to my wolf and slowly eat the rest

"More like a long week fought a troll in town not to far from here and robbers in the village just a short while ago." I eat a slice of the meat. "Also had find a fox that stole my coin purse and rations, funny thing..." I eat another slice take out my waterskin and frown.

The bartender pours the drink into a tall glass and sprinkles pepper on top. "Do you think money has any worth in this city anymore?"

He slides the glass towards his patron before pouring milk into a pan. "As far as I'm concerned the only thing of value you can give me is a good story."

He slides the pan towards the wolf.

"Thanks kindly." My wolf nods his head and start to eat."I didn't say there was money in the coin purse the point is a fox stolen of mine. Funny thing the fox was a starving halfing driud."

I grab the glass rise it as thanks and take a long drink it burns in my throat and I sigh take another bite of the meat .

"Anyway I share a meal with the halfing and now I have flavor to call upon if I ever need. Good drink." I take another swallow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back