The Barren Mother

dang my moms callin me upstairs sighs

ill be back eventually?

Haha, I'm wierd... (My sister found an egg roll in her pocket once)

Ghost, it's okay... Anyone would have done that...

Flute beat boxing! (I know it wasn't meant for meh, but I very curious) Envy, envy

Awh, okay! Bye, bye!

ahhhhhhh greg pattillo ! <33

So much love for you.

AND NOW I WANT TO WORK ON MY FLUTE BEAT BOXING BUT I LEFT INVESTMENT AT HOME CURSE YOU

anyway

Ahaha, I'm sorry.

If you would like, you can just unwatch the thread...?

nothing of importance is really being said

but we would love to get to know you

/waggles eyebrows

DONT READ THE ENIGMA OF AMIGARA FAULT DONT READ IT DONT READ IT DONT READ IT GOD DONT READ IT IT NO NO WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE SOMETHING LIKE T HAT ITS SO MESSED UP WHY DID I HAVE TO READ IT BEFORE NIGHT IM GOING TO HAVE HORRIBLE DREAMS

ITS A REALLY SHORT MAYBE AROUND 50 PAGES HORROR MANGA ITS SO MESSED UP ITS MESSED ME UP IM NEVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO FORGET IT

WHOEVER MADE IT WAS A MONSTER

IM GOING TO HAVE HORRID DREAMS

DO YOU WANT A LINK

I WOULDNT RECCOMEND IT

BASICALLY THE STORY IS THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE AND A FAULT APPEARED/OPENED UP AND THERE ARE HUMAN SHAPED HOLES AND THESE HOLES ATTRACT EOPLE FORM ALL OVER THEYRE HORRIBL HORRIBLE HOLES AND I HATE THEM

Ohh, link plz.

I don't have class tomorrow until afternoon, so I might read it after homework. :'D

wat.

If it's that scary I don't think I'm going to read it, especially at night.

(Maybe in the morning)

Random note (once again)

Guess who got hit in the face by a volleyball twice todddaaaaay!

(It hurts, though it didn't stop during practice.)

Also Imma take a shower, and good night! :3

yeah dont read it at night its not as scary as it is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FUCKED UP

its been an hour since i finished it and im still not totally calm

I read this at night in my dark, dark room, and I am a-okay. It depends on how affected you are by the horror genre.

Like, now I ONLY want to read it at night.

But alas... I should get some sleep because obvs I'm not going to finish reading Gilgamesh right now.

(Like I can't even remember the summerians were some of the first people right??)

Ack, apologies if you his were waiting for me to post :( Seeing as my character is very different and a bit of a loner, I had wanted to do the same as Circus and hold off posting for a little bit, which I really should have said outright. However, I did have no idea that it was supposed to be post ordered or whatever. Over the last few days I've been I'll with quite a bad sickness bug, hense the lack of posts, and now I've got quite a lot of stuff to catch up on :( so yeah, sorry all!

ohh looking forward to reading it just before bed hehe

Ack, I forgot to put the post order in the rules.

But honestly, more than anything, the post order is just applicable to characters interacting with each other, but I suspect they will be in a group for the majority of the role play.

In any case, no worries!

I may be able to whip up a post after I read these pages of Gilgamesh, buy all the school supplies I have left to buy and... hm...

i think that might be it

i'm not sure

but anyway

Don't sweat it.

I hope you get better soon!

Greetings, folks.

After a little correspondence with the GM I believe the issues related to my application to this roleplay have been largely resolved. The character is now added to the roll on the character signup tab of this thread.

I look forward to writing with all of you, and again, thanks for allowing me to take part of this story.

Hey eheu! :3

It's very nice to have you

I read that manga, now I think I'm scared.

Wasn't as bad as I thought, but very creepy, twisted, and WRONG! So much wrong, omg

Hey my wifi isn't working anymore cuz my dad tried to do some stuff with it so I won't be on again til it's fixed

Rn I'm usin my mom's phones but it's only for a few minutes sooo yeah

@DecayintoChaos @Ghost @Sunflakes @Circus @eheu @LuckyMisfortune @SkyGinge

OKAY GUYS HERE'S THE DEAL

THIS HAS BEEN BOTHERING ME FOR A VERY LONG TIME

AND MY EFFORTS HAVE THUS FAR BEEN FRUITLESS

SO NOW I'M GOING TO TAKE A MORE AGGRESSIVE APPROACH TO THIS (GRRR haha)

THE THING IS

WE HAVE ALL THESE CHARACTERS

MOST OF WHICH HAVE GROWN UP TOGETHER IN A SMALL TOWN SINCE FOREVER

AND IDK ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MOST OF THEM WOULD INTERACT

okay i'll back off the shift key now

Here's what we're going to do.

I want to plot out the histories all of these kids have together.

I want to know specifically how the group of friends was formed, and with the other characters, any interactions/observations that have led up to their opinion of another character.

I'm not just talking about my character and how he feels about Susie Q, I'm talking about a mass discussion with everyone and their character's relationships with each other.

I know some of you may want to develop their character as we go along, but with the setting for this role play, everyone HAS to have a history together.

The thing about character bios is that they ARE flexible, and if you find that your character is adjusting with slightly different character traits, then so be it, don't feel restricted.

Unless your character does a complete 180 from passive to sadistic or something weird... it doesn't matter, because humans are ever changing and no one is ever consistent (but, yes, there are certain character traits that are more prominent than others so don't just list every contradiction ever or something).

Anyway, it would greatly benefit that you guys read or skim over each other's character bios to have a good idea of how things could work out.

I know that most of us have our intros up, and it was my fault for starting the role play already (I wanted to attract more people), but if we don't establish this all right now, I won't be satisfied.

So what I want us to do is tag each other and have ideas for how our characters met and how any usual interactions between them would go.

Even if your characters have never directly interacted, everyone in Fairtown has a reputation and they have SOME sort of opinion of someone else.

There is no privacy.

Listen to me on this, though.

If someone tags you with their idea, I do NOT just want you to be like 'oh that sounds great' or 'lol cool'.

Even if you like where it's going, I want you to contribute and elaborate in SOME way.

Offer up a more accurate portrayal of your character, specifics on how precisely they feel, anything.

Maybe even ideas for more incidents, SOMETHING.

I want to see meaty paragraphs being exchanged between the lot of you.

I am putting my foot down on this.

IF YOU DO NOT ESTABLISH THESE RELATIONSHIPS AND COLLABORATE THE WAY I WANT YOU TO, I WILL KICK YOU OUT OF THE ROLE PLAY

You have been warned.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not angry, but there's a specific way that I want this role play to be run, and right now, I'm uninspired and haven't a fathom of an idea of how these character interactions will work out.

I don't want us to have some rough start (because, quite frankly, that's how role plays like this die).

Now, here is just a small list of things that I want for the group (and some other things that NEED to be established and decided as a group).

They are not necessary, but it would be neat to have.

I don't want anyone to be passively interested in 'hosting' these things, because then we'll have five people saying 'I'm okay with hosting it but someone else can if they want'.

Trust me, THAT WILL HAPPEN.

It will either be something you want/would work for your character, and you state so, or it isn't going to happen.

In any case, if you want to claim one of these things, state so at any time in big, block letters, fiery pink, surrounded by asterisks, SOMETHING in the post.

This will NOT necessarily be decided on a first-come first-serve basis, because you may decide that it would be suitable for your character after more discussion/it would be more suitable for someone else's character, but please, if you are interested, do NOT hesitate to state that you are.

Please also state your reasoning behind your desire to host this/why your character would be suited for it.

• A tree house. Someone is going to host this in their backyard. I think a neat idea would be that the tree house was built in collaboration with all of the group members and it's somewhat of a hideout for them. It'll probably be decorated with 'no girls allowed' signs (and some crude drawings as they grew older). The tree house may or may not be big enough for them to all comfortably settle in now, but it is still used occasionally for nostalgic purposes. Now, this will be discussed in another bullet point, but I believe the group should have started forming in elementary school. I will leave the size of the tree house and when they started building and completed it up to the person hosting it (or I guess if the tree house was there from the start, but that wouldn't be as cool). However, I like the idea that they started in fifth grade (of course probably with adult supervision/help) and finish it in sixth grade, and probably have been making the occasionally renovations from there.
  • A dog. My idea for a dog is that either it's a stray or one of the kid's dogs that grew to be kinda' universally shared within the group. Either way, it would be easiest if there was one of the kids it is particularly attached to. This dog goes around with them almost everyone (except, y'know, school and work and stuff), but otherwise is pretty much always present for their misadventures. Like I said, mostly sticking with one kid, but will also probably stay the night with someone else if it feels like it or is called to do so. Now, my personal preference is that the dog will be a girl with some effeminate name like Angel, as named by the parents/was found on her dog tag, but them being little elementary school boys, they started calling her Ripper and the name stuck, so she only responds to that now (unless the adult sounds really angry when calling her). It would be neat if she were some sort of mutt, and now growing up with them, she's getting pretty old, but still tries to keep up with them. BUT again, all of this stuff is up to the person who wants to host this.
  • A main neighborhood. So this isn't for one particular person (except if the person hosting the tree house does decide that everyone built it together, then that person will have to be in this particular neighborhood). However, I want there to be a main neighborhood where at least two of them live (and I want to establish a name for it and probably where it is in contrast to the school and even where everyone else lives in relation to it). This neighborhood will be the main setting/target for their shenanigans, which may include several of them streaking through it in a game of truth or dare or whatever else we may think of (that would give some other the neighbors very... interesting views of them... don't think for a moment that this hasn't happened before, because Nick is an awful person to play truth or dare with). Also, YOUR CHARACTER DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE GROUP TO LIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. So ta-da. So far, Dante an Matthias are in the neighborhood.
  • The first friends. This absolutely needs to be established as soon as possible. I almost think that we need a timeline for how the group was formed. In any case, this is pretty self-explanatory. These two will probably be even more bbfls (best bros for life) than with the other kids. From their relationship, they befriended other kids and dragged them to be part of this social group, so I mean... this is pretty important. Like I hinted in the tree house bullet, this should probably happen before middle school. Feel free to even have some extensive history together, like next-door neighbors, best friends since pre-k, whatever floats your boat. After that has been established, I think that we will be able to more easily create this time line and figure out these relationships. Strongly considering Dante, and slightly less but still strongly considering Matthias.

SO that's all I have for the moment.

Like I stated in the last bullet, we'll probably have to decide that before we can move on to specific character relationships, but please, start brain storming!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or even ideas of your own, do not hesitate to contact me.

(Rather unfortunately, until we have all of this sorted out, we should keep all of the usual nonsensical chatter to a minimum.)

At the moment, I know that Ghost and Decay won't be here again until Tuesday, so that's a thing.

Um... yes.

Let your imagination roam free now, my children (lolwat?).

Oh, and as a side note, Nick will NOT be hosting any of the aforementioned things.

Reason being that he moved to Fairtown in middle school and probably didn't make friends with anyone until later sixth grade year (because, for those of you who don't know, he's an asshole), and he also hates his parents, so he would rather spend his time far, far away from his home on most days.

ALSO GUYS, BE REALLY CAREFUL WITH BIG POSTS LIKE THIS FOR NOW BECAUSE RPN IS GOING NUTS WITH THE DOWNTIME ATM

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back