The apartment experiment

"Oh don't worry, it's not like there all rammed into one place. I'td take you about an hours walk from one side of town to the other, and you can always spend more time in the apartment till you get used to it. Theres only a few of us in there."

Florence responded to the influx of information the only way she knew how; a bombardment of questions.

"Do all the people know each other? Do you all live in houses? Are you all related to each other? Do you all eat your food at big meals? Are there cars there? Do you own a car? What's everyones names?"

Lorelle couldn't help but laugh at Florence's reaction to his statements. "Perhaps it would be possible for him to answer if you asked questions one at a time?" she suggested, her eyes sparkling.

Florence blushed a little, then grinned a little sheepishly.

"Possibly. It's hard to slow down that much you know!"

Karl laughed and smiled fondly, responding to her last question.

"What are all they're names? All the few thousand of them?" he asked, amused."

Lorelle laughed quietly again before shaking her head slowly. "You know, it's not so very difficult for the rest of us," she pointed out, glancing at Karl.

Karl shot her a knowing grin, but didn't say anything about it, and the remark went over Florences head.

"Well yeh, but, umm...but you arent a Naiad. So, yeh." She replied a little weakly.

Karl laughed even more.

"Come on, are we going to get going? Wouldn't want to be late."

From the mound of grass-like hair, Marchus sat up, cracking his back, looking down he could feel Toro's breathing,looking around he recognized the whole area, he slapped himself in the face

_smack- "... okay that was real... right, so i wasn't high and i wasn't dreaming... damn" he got up and moved off Toro, brushing off some of the grass-like hair from his clothes "well, that was honestly one of the best sleeps i've ever had, strangely enough" he began walking about, hoping to find someone else who is up and about so he can ask what the next move was.

"No problem!." Karl said, waiting for Lorelle to get her shoes as Florence started on her way.

As she came to the clearing, she looked around to see who else was around, most people were just starting to wake up.

Wandering over to the fountain, she leaned over the edge, bum in the air, and stuck her head underwater to start the (moderatly long) process of saying bye to her small platoon of sisters

marchus walked over to the fountain to find a girl there with her head underwater, he waited behind her for her to bring her head up, crossing his arms "uhh, miss? are you okay?... miss?" he was starting to get concerned with how long she had her head underwater, he knew that if her body went limp he would be pulling her out in a second...

In the middle of saying goodbye to her thirty-third elder sister, Florence heard a noise near her from outside the water.

Pulling her head out, she turned to look at the boy infront of her, her head entirely water from the neck up from her aquatic endevours.

"Oh! Hi, there. Did'ja want something?"

TorO slowly woke up finding his backs fur ruffled up, smelling weirdly... human? He made his way to the pair standing at the fountain camly looking at the human trying to save the naiad from water untill he got a wiff of his smell. Edging closer to the human putting his nose right at him and breathed in sucking his clothes against his big nose. "you use me as bed?!" he growled angrily flashing his theeth staring hungrily at the boy.

"pff... lucky lucky man. mee nooo eat u" he grumbled softly remembering his promise to the faye queen.

TorO then took out his blackboard and scribbled trying to show the naiad girl."I need bath, may i use your fountain?" and then turned around to pick out a hairdryer and a huge towel from his handbag setting down his hat and umbrella a safe distant away from the fountain. Heading back and looking politely aksing at Florance and her sisters.

Florence looked mildly shocked at the suggestion, but kept herself polite.

"No! I mean, sorry, but the fountains a big no no. It's our source water, so we can't have lots of it running away. There's actually a little open bath just round the corner there, though, just for that purpose. Come on, I'll show you." she said, taking his arm and leading him there."

Karl came out of the house and stood by the door to wait.

"How's it going in there Lorelle? Find your shoes?"

Lorelle jumped slightly, embarrassed a bit. She had been distracted, fussing over various things to make sure everything was in it's proper place. She looked down at her feet, which had her flats on, before nodding. "Yep. Sorry."

Karl smiled at her as she came out.

"No worries, come on, lets go."

As they walked forward they came to the central fountain, to find Florence leant over the fountain with her head stuck in it.

Florence pulled out of the fountain, shaking her head of the free water.

"Oh! Hi Lorelle. I was just saying bye. To my sisters."

Karl frowned.

"Thats, uh, okay then."

The trees bent away to make a large road like clearing under some Dryads intruction, and a bus pulled on to the clearing.

"Oh cool, look, our rides here!."

"OOOOO!!" Florence exclaimed, jumping up and down, her skin splashing up.

"Look'a the car monster! Look!" she said, pointing and flailing wildly.

Karl coughed.

"Thats, uh. Thats a bus."

"It is a car monster! Just look at it! It's humongalongus!"

Karl laughed.

"It's not a monster, it's just a...uh, a vehicle. For transport."

"For transporting monsters?"

"No! Well, I guess this one is...sort of...technically?"

Marchus couldn't help but laugh

Monster!? ha!... no no no, it's just a big hunk of metal, and that noise you hear? that growling?... that's just the engine, the machine that makes it move faster than any of us can run!"

he put a hand on Loriel's back, encouraging her towards it "don't worry, so long as you're not in front of it while it's moving fast, it won't hurt you, it can't hurt you, its an object, not a living creature"

Lorelle chewed at her lip slightly, not entirely certain that she trusted something so large. She reluctantly stepped towards it, though she would have much preferred to fly.

Florence tapped her lip, mulling it over.

"Im not sure it really could hurt me. Unless it's made of salt or something... It's not, is it?"

Her eyes lit up as he talked about it.

"Do we go inside the car monster?" she exclaimed, either forgetting or disregarding the previous conversation about it not being an actual monster.

"I think I like bus's."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back