Tales of Salisonia: Rise of the Dragons [Official OOC Thread]

Here is my repost. Review any time, I don't have much time for alterations anyway ><

Anthro_Tournament_Colored_by_WolfLSI.jpg

|General Information|

• Dionysus Lionidus.

|Biography of Dionysus|

• He is a natural born leader. Dionysus has led many raids and hunts in his life, and he always prefers to take charge of things rather than follow in another's footsteps. Dionysus has a strong sense of justice, and refuses to let any crime or falsehood that he spots go unhindered; however, he is also a fierce warrior, and always battles with his fateful contract, Gerix. The lion consistently protects those in need and helps the injured or poor that he meets on his way.

| Gerix |

kirin3.jpg

full_913513539.jpg

|General Information|

• Sorinvarde, the Mooneater

|Biography of Sorinvarde|

• TB Added

Sorinvarde is not finished yet. Or accepted as a character choice.

It depends what time zones we're estimated in. Swords from the 14th century were up to 40 pounds. 
But 200 years later, the 16th century, yes, heavy broadswords were usually about 6 pounds.

Bleh. I'll fix it or whatever, I don't know.

Cressy, is it fine if my character could of had some building or foundation built in Ellegarde? It's more of just kind of like a homeless shelter but only giving food out. Adds all the more tackynishnish to my history, but whatever.

I'm sure an Elven homeless shelter wont be a problem :) I think Pai would agree as long as it's not disrupting history, then again, I don't see that happening.

And I WISH broadswords were that light, a modern one would probably range 15 - 20 pounds up maybe. Im sure yours ways a bit more but idk do whatever you want xD

Well, not really shelter, just handing out food. Still follows what you said though, so O.K. 
Gah, I don't know. Since there aren't really katanas in Salisonia, and a broadsword is probably going to be somewhat heavy there, on top of the fact my character is going to be a weaker one and thus wouldn't be able to really use his sword any more than he already can... I don't want something small like a dagger, though... :C

How can I make this work for an old guy who can't fight as well anymore and is 80 yet not wanting a dagger... -_-

Would a longsword work or are those pretty heavy, too? D: 
Wait, would a simple shortsword work? And I followed what you said, @Mooalally , or I think I did for my history.

Those were in service from about the 14th century to the 16 century, and they all weighed about 3 pounds or less. 
Longswords, I mean.

Asrfgdscgyrgggghhhh

I want the ability to see auras to be a thing >:(

Alas, the best I can hope for is a Tales of Salisonia 2 or something :/

With pirates and guns and auras and dragons riders and a bunch of other stuff people have suggested, it's going to be very weird.

Mooalally said:
With pirates and guns and auras and dragons riders and a bunch of other stuff people have suggested, it's going to be very weird.
I feel that things like this would be very fun in conjunction with each other. If everyone who joined the RP was the type of person who wouldn't abuse things like this to become OP, than it'd be great. 
Not to mention the fact that I'd be able to use Wynn :D

MrLlama said:
Eh, I think in general having a gun would always win vs swords, at least more of the time than not.
Ehh... It's not like the guns would be crazy advanced. It would be similar the way pirates used guns- most of them had a small musket handgun, but they were such a pain to reload that you had to be a very good shot.

Unless it was one of those old muskets where you had to put in the gunpowder and then stuff it in more with a stick.

At least, that's how I think it works.

No, with magic you can be disintegrated instantly. With a gun it gives you holes which get infected - Nasty stuff.

Mooalally said:
Well, none of that will exist, so the weirdness is avoided.

Depends on the terrain, and magic has waaayy too many variables to be compared with guns, its way more complex.

Open field guns would most likely win unless you predict shots

In rocky terrain with obstacles swords may win, depending if it's old arse guns like the ones you described. But a sword against a gun now a days guns will most likely win. Unless you're strategic but both weapons have their own stats and stuff. Sometimes you don't one shot with a gun. With a blade you have that control.

It's like comparing an apple to an orange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back