• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy T R O I A: Slayers vs Whisperers [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Why not? Got a cinnamon roll paladin with a grimdark past, any connections you want there?
A swindler Whisperer and an oblivious Slayer, I can see two paths for them. The first one is Dawn being charmed by Zabyne into being her "friend", and the other one is Dawn hating the light out of Zabyne for all her crimes. I think we can flesh it out some more once we decide on a path. What do you think?

BTW, by any chance, is Dawn inspired by the Dawnbreaker lore from The Elders Scrolls series?

A swindler Whisperer and an oblivious Slayer, I can see two paths for them. The first one is Dawn being charmed by Zabyne into being her "friend", and the other one is Dawn hating the light out of Zabyne for all her crimes. I think we can flesh it out some more once we decide on a path. What do you think?

BTW, by any chance, is Dawn inspired by the Dawnbreaker lore from The Elders Scrolls series?
Dawn's pretty friendly, sweet and naive, so not all that hard to trick but the instant he catches wind of Zabyne being a Whisperer he's gonna go ape-shit in his crusade for "justice" so...let's not tell him that shall we? The second path is most likely where he'll end up but the first one sounds what's more likely for Dawn to start off on.

Last edited:
Dawn's pretty friend, sweet and naive, so not all that hard to trick but the instant he catches wind of Zabyne being a Whisperer he's gonna go ape-shit in his crusade for "justice" so...let's not tell him that shall we? The second path is most likely where he'll end up but the first one sounds what's more likely for Dawn to start off on.
It will definitely be interesting to RP the transition of their relationship if we go with the first idea (they're still on good terms at the start of the RP). We could have it so that Zabyne is pretending to be a fellow Slayer, freezing mythical creatures to death when in truth she's carting them off to her warehouses LOL. I imagine she'd be taking advantage of Dawn's obliviousness and skills to take down creatures easily.

It will definitely be interesting to RP the transition of their relationship if we go with the first idea (they're still on good terms at the start of the RP). We could have it so that Zabyne is pretending to be a fellow Slayer, freezing mythical creatures to death when in truth she's carting them off to her warehouses LOL. I imagine she'd be taking advantage of Dawn's obliviousness and skills to take down creatures easily.
Hell yes! It's going to be funny when Dawn starts trying to defend Zabyne not realizing what she is until the 'oh shit' moment.

Like this:
Screenshot_20220420-130413_Chrome.jpg
If you are uploading from a private workshop you will have to use a different source because you can't copy right from it as it makes it so only you can see it since you are the only one with access to the web page

Last edited:
Hell yes! It's going to be funny when Dawn starts trying to defend Zabyne not realizing what she is until the 'oh shit' moment.
Where and when do you think they could have met? I got an interesting idea that maybe Dawn could have interfered when Zabyne was engaged in combat with a fellow Whisperer (cause both Whisperers and Slayers want her dead). She saw how skilled and useful he is, praised him as her hero, and worked her magic to be his buddy lol

Where and when do you think they could have met? I got an interesting idea that maybe Dawn could have interfered when Zabyne was engaged in combat with a fellow Whisperer (cause both Whisperers and Slayers want her dead). She saw how skilled and useful he is, praised him as her hero, and worked her magic to be his buddy lol
Sounds like it! Dawn in a nutshell is literally: Smite first, cast Speak with Dead later.

Sounds like it! Dawn in a nutshell is literally: Smite first, cast Speak with Dead later.
LOL Perfect, how many years do you think they've known each other? I assume that the more years, the more painful the betrayal would be heh

LOL Perfect, how many years do you think they've known each other? I assume that the more years, the more painful the betrayal would be heh
Dawn is 21 and has been an official slayer for around 3 years, so if they even go back to teenage years/childhood years that would be devastating heh heh.
Maybe Zabyne has connections with either the Reaper's Kiss or House Merror for that?

Dawn is 21 and has been an official slayer for around 3 years, so if they even go back to teenage years/childhood years that would be devastating heh heh.
Maybe Zabyne has connections with either the Reaper's Kiss or House Merror for that?
I think her having connections with the Reaper's Kiss would make the most sense. It's in her best interest to know a company that can provide decent spies and assassins thanks to the nature of her work. On the other hand, I'm unfamiliar with House Merror so I'm unsure if they'd be willing to conduct business with someone who sells mythical creatures. Do you have any suggestions?

I think her having connections with the Reaper's Kiss would make the most sense. It's in her best interest to know a company that can provide decent spies and assassins thanks to the nature of her work. On the other hand, I'm unfamiliar with House Merror so I'm unsure if they'd be willing to conduct business with someone who sells mythical creatures. Do you have any suggestions?
I would say the Reaper's Kiss is pretty much more likely. Here's the write up.
Wisteria Romance Wisteria Romance If you need anything lmk!
Background/origin: The Reaper's Kiss was founded roughly years after Alexandrius rose to power. Working for both sides, the Reapers grew rich off of suffering. Smuggling both mythical creatures in and assassinating them out, the organization thrived on chaos and pain. At first it was only Loreley, the rumored first Reaper of the organization, an assassin that was a wronged Whisperer with a dead bondmate. After her bondmate's death, Loreley simply faded from the world...and was reborn years later as the Reaper of Drakengardh. Her trademarks being a bloodied rose and a scythe, one of life and one of death. The organization's name and reputation rose from this legend. Loreley aligned herself with no one, hating Whisperers for her bondmate's death and hating Slayers for their work. Instead, she fought for the highest bidder, using her powers to entrance mythical creatures long enough to go for the kill, or to capture them and sell them off upon the black markets. She fought for no one but herself, and her followers did so too. The Reaper's Kiss attracted vengeful souls and wronged assassins, exiles of the highest order. Any job the organization would take, as long as pay was included of course.
Purpose/operations: Anything really, but specializes in assassinations and spying. A lot of smuggling in there too.
Any notable people: The current "head" of the organization has the title of the Executioner. Their name and gender is unknown.

. D O V E . D O V E What do you think of Veronica hating/holding a deep grudge against Zabyne? I imagined a scenario in which both of them clashed some years ago, with Veronica trying to protect a family of cyclopes with rare golden eyes from her, and after a hard-fought battle ended up failing in the end. Would've helped fuel Veronica's determination and whatnot with her powerlessness in the situation.

VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator I had the idea that perhaps Veronica was once a big fan of Atrox when she was young lol. With her father dragging them all to the fighting pits to watch the battles, to kinda fuel their bloodthirstiness and views of mythical creatures as just beasts to be slain and whatnot. But she ended up visiting more often out of awe for the bulky fighter that never backed down from a challenge and always fought with a smile. I imagine her definitely being there for his big fight against the minotaur, and though saddened when he joined Ethral since she wouldn't be able to watch him anymore, she looked forward to joining him in Ethral's ranks one day. Though of course, that would never come to light. Let me know what you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back