• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
Art posting! Something a little different this time, Roxanne was a character who is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me to appreciate design-wise, and definitely not the most popular character out there, but she's cute, at least for me.

52627917_p0_master1200.jpg61206750_p0_master1200.jpg67850173_p0_master1200.jpg84461308_p1_master1200.jpg

Neat! I think I remember you had her as one of your PC options when you first joined with us if memory serves.
Yep, you're right! She was a character I considered giving a shot when I first came here, but I didn't really know what she could have done, even now.

I remembered that too she’s still so cute
Well, for those who perhaps don't exactly know, Roxanne's whole deal, at least in the game she debuts in (Ruby / Sapphire), she's a Gym Leader who was granted the aforementioned title due to her record in a Trainer's School that she now teaches at on the side.

For the most part, I'm imagining her to be a studious, honors-student type of character, although considering where she fits in Pokemon it's not something that is as easy to translate as say, Pauline becoming mayor to a new town, and things may or may not be a little bit different. I'm unsure.

Well, for those who perhaps don't exactly know, Roxanne's whole deal, at least in the game she debuts in (Ruby / Sapphire), she's a Gym Leader who was granted the aforementioned title due to her record in a Trainer's School that she now teaches at on the side.

For the most part, I'm imagining her to be a studious, honors-student type of character, although considering where she fits in Pokemon it's not something that is as easy to translate as say, Pauline becoming mayor to a new town, and things may or may not be a little bit different. I'm unsure.
I mean things don't have too be too deep. It's not necessary for her to be fully engrossed into the world itself. Maybe because of her status as not only a Gym Leader, but also her standing as an intelligent young woman caused her to be invited to help solve the issues plaguing the realm similar to how Grumpy introduced Layton and Luke. Something like that gives her freedom to move around and such rather than heavily be tied to world building around her. Of course, not saying the latter is a wrong way of going about things, but not having her heavily tied down could provide a nice contrast to what you have with Pauline

The Smash Realm is an illogical place and according to World of Light, pretty much every Nintendo character can be present there, so don’t stress too hard on the hows and whys of your non-SSB characters being present.

For example, I didn’t explain why Cranky Kong was in the Smash Realm; in this RP, he lives there and I doubt anyone will lose sleep wondering how he got there lol

The Smash Realm is an illogical place and according to World of Light, pretty much every Nintendo character can be present there, so don’t stress too hard on the hows and whys of your non-SSB characters being present.

For example, I didn’t explain why Cranky Kong was in the Smash Realm; in this RP, he lives there and I doubt anyone will lose sleep wondering how he got there lol
Indeed! Like how I introduced the Kokiri in the Swamp area or the Military being a combination of different military groups from various different Nintendo properties.

Speaking of military, I'm gonna refer to the military as G.U.N for the remainder of the roleplay, cause I can't keep just calling them the military for the entire roleplay, and i did admit that G.U.N does make up the military's forces anyways, so it's not disingenuous by any means and so others have something to refer tot hem as. GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow

Indeed! Like how I introduced the Kokiri in the Swamp area or the Military being a combination of different military groups from various different Nintendo properties.

Speaking of military, I'm gonna refer to the military as G.U.N for the remainder of the roleplay, cause I can't keep just calling them the military for the entire roleplay, and i did admit that G.U.N does make up the military's forces anyways, so it's not disingenuous by any means and so others have something to refer tot hem as. GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow
Now seph could have name for them as well. 😈

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

I mean things don't have too be too deep. It's not necessary for her to be fully engrossed into the world itself. Maybe because of her status as not only a Gym Leader, but also her standing as an intelligent young woman caused her to be invited to help solve the issues plaguing the realm similar to how Grumpy introduced Layton and Luke. Something like that gives her freedom to move around and such rather than heavily be tied to world building around her. Of course, not saying the latter is a wrong way of going about things, but not having her heavily tied down could provide a nice contrast to what you have with Pauline
That's a little reassuring, thank you! Throwing characters into RP more often than not tends to be one of my biggest issues at times, because while a character like Roxanne or Annette undoubtedly would fit into the world before them with no questions asked, it's more a case of what their goals are and what they'd do that tends to be more confusing for me. Annette searching for Byleth was simple enough, however.

That's a little reassuring, thank you! Throwing characters into RP more often than not tends to be one of my biggest issues at times, because while a character like Roxanne or Annette undoubtedly would fit into the world before them with no questions asked, it's more a case of what their goals are and what they'd do that tends to be more confusing for me. Annette searching for Byleth was simple enough, however.
I think in Roxanne's case, it would hurt to have them be more reactionary rather than progressive, especially since she'd be more outside of the plot, so having someone who has the plot affect them without taking an active part in it would be refreshing as you can explore how the average person is reacts to what all is happening as the plot begins to affect the Realm as it continues and such, then depending on how it all plays if Roxanne finds a reason to get involved in one way or another. And I'm sure Grumpy and myself would be down to help with that as there's alot of world-building to be had and I LOVE world-building ♥️

I think in Roxanne's case, it would hurt to have them be more reactionary rather than progressive, especially since she'd be more outside of the plot, so having someone who has the plot affect them without taking an active part in it would be refreshing as you can explore how the average person is reacts to what all is happening as the plot begins to affect the Realm as it continues and such, then depending on how it all plays if Roxanne finds a reason to get involved in one way or another. And I'm sure Grumpy and myself would be down to help with that as there's alot of world-building to be had and I LOVE world-building ♥️
NimbusWing NimbusWing I have to say Kameron has made the plot with Sephiroth so fun GrumpySwallow GrumpySwallow i can attest that they both helpful and made the rp so engaging and fun.

You know what? I would absolutely love to help work and progress on that as well, let's go with it!

Would there be anything you, Grumpy, etc. would particularly want out of this? Setting, character interactions, anything else in-between?
Nothing that comes to mind atm but I think that's the beauty of it as we can experiment with all of those and still have a good time all the same until something specific does peak our interests !

I'm already in the midst of writing a few things to her, but this is what I've got in mind. It might not entirely relate to the plot, and things can very well be changed, but this is what I'm thinking of right now.

Roxanne's currently an assistant librarian and an entry-level Gym Leader. Having been a recent graduate from Lumoise City's Academy (neighbors to Console City according to the map), she's is seeking further studies so that she may land her dream job as an actual teacher. However, in the midst of her personal studies she's closed herself off from the world around her, perhaps a little too focused on learning from the pages of a book that she might forget to realize the importance of learning things first-hand, and potentially even on the fly.

She means well, she's just currently a little ignorant of what's going on with the chaotic events that are transpiring, so what better thing to do than to see what's actually going on, by potentially throwing her into something that she can investigate, or protect herself against?

I'm already in the midst of writing a few things to her, but this is what I've got in mind. It might not entirely relate to the plot, and things can very well be changed, but this is what I'm thinking of right now.

Roxanne's currently an assistant librarian and an entry-level Gym Leader. Having been a recent graduate from Lumoise City's Academy (neighbors to Console City according to the map), she's is seeking further studies so that she may land her dream job as an actual teacher. However, in the midst of her personal studies she's closed herself off from the world around her, perhaps a little too focused on learning from the pages of a book that she might forget to realize the importance of learning things first-hand, and potentially even on the fly.

She means well, she's just currently a little ignorant of what's going on with the chaotic events that are transpiring, so what better thing to do than to see what's actually going on, by potentially throwing her into something that she can investigate, or protect herself against?
That's a pretty good idea! And she probably wouldn't be alone in that regard either as alot of citizens in the Smash Realm are about as clueless as she is about everything happening around them, tho it could be a mixture of some people reading the signs and others believing it'll blow over (which we could show that fluctuating as the roleplay continues, but hey that just gives us room to kinda just explore something more light-hearted before the eventual dread kicks in 😈. Butthis most definitely can work with Roxanne eventually getting her head out those pages and deciding to do something about those recent events (which could have more weight as people she might be close to are being affected by plot)

Alright wooo I got Shulk's post up! I figured I'd do a little tie in with what the Joker/Inkling group fought earlier just because it made sense. Poor Shulk is gonna be forever confused on what has down the Stadium LOL

Amazing first post for Roxanne! NimbusWing NimbusWing Would you like me to post for Roxanne or does Grumpy already have you covered?
Thank you!
When I first made the post, I honestly had no clue who was going to join in let alone what would happen next, so do what you like! Post if you want, or if Grumpy let alone somebody else wants to join in, we can wait. Either way!

Thank you!
When I first made the post, I honestly had no clue who was going to join in let alone what would happen next, so do what you like! Post if you want, or if Grumpy let alone somebody else wants to join in, we can wait. Either way!
Most certainly! I certainly wouldn't want such effort go to waste and I always try to be a man of my word, so expect a post soon! 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back