• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
Maybe I gotta make some pride month related with one of my characters. Y'all be inspiring me!

Omg yes!!
Perhaps tomorrow I will do it. Maybe drawing some pride related will kick my artblock in the ass we all know I'm gonna draw bisexual flag colored Joker let's be real

It’s not really your fault I just honestly don’t know where to go with it. I tried offering up ideas before and got little reaction on them so I’m not really sure how to proceed myself and I’ll be blunt, it’s been incredibly hard and a bit demotivating trying to write things up for Yoshi. I’ve quite literally avoided dropping him purely because I would feel bad. I’m trying my best with it and I feel really horrible for struggling with it. Can’t help but feel like a jackass when I’ve felt all I’ve done is complain about it
You're very right about that. So, let's talk about it, really talk about it. I might to have to get blunt, so I do apologize in advance if I possibly hurt some feelings.

One reason things have slowed to a crawl is because everyone (besides Ploegy's Yoshi) wrote about their PCs being affected by the Sorrowfen at once rather than pacing it and taking turns. With everyone affected by the corruption, what is there for Yoshi to do? Yoshi cannot see or interact with the visions the others are seeing. It wasn't like the Ghost Ship where the Pillar of Fear's influence affected the PCs a little bit at a time and we alternated between who was affected. We also kept it brief; Pit seeing Bayonetta was a one-post event, for example, and things eventually built up to the final corruption and the boss fight that resulted from that. Ploegy did make a post about Yoshi using his tongue to save Captain Falcon, but that wasn't really acknowledged in Kameron's post outside of a simple, "Despite Yoshi's best efforts, Captain Falcon is still sinking." Okay, but what is there for Ploegy to do? What is Yoshi expected to do? If Ploegy decides right now to make a post about Yoshi sinking, I guess the entire Captain Falcon group is doomed because there is no one left! At that point, those characters may be out of commission until another group of PCs show up to that area, defeat the boss, and free them from the swamp. One idea I do have in regard to this is that the group does sink in the Sorrowfen, but are rescued and captured by soldiers of Lunaris.

This is the part where I have to get blunt and possibly hurt some feelings: SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 and Darklord95 Darklord95 you are going to have to step up the quality and content of your posts. I do not have a post size limit or a set post timing rule, and I've been super lenient on such, but your posts have little to no substance and gives other RPers nothing to do. Your PCs barely exist and contribute nothing to the RP scene as a whole. Kameron and Ploegy are the ones carrying the scene in the Swamp, they are struggling, and it is not fair. This has become too much of a problem that I cannot let it slide anymore. DarkLord's latest post was just a couple of sentences about Hayden stating his name then watching his Pikmin be eaten, eaten by what we do not know because you never told us what is there or if it is a hallucination by the Sorrowfen. Your posts are also so infrequent that I keep thinking you ghosted only to make a post like that and vanish again, and I have to wonder at this point why you're still here or if you're even invested in the game.

I'm very sorry I haven't been dedicating time to this group as much as I should. I'm pretty stuck on what to do here, and I do think we need to have a discussion on the direction it's going. The Pillars of Destruction were meant to allow players to take the wheel and play out their own character development, but with only two people carrying the scene and me not having any PCs there, it's really hard for me to come up with something satisfying for everyone. I know what the end boss is, so that's not the issue with me.

It's getting to the point where I may have to push some players to put more effort into their posts. I really don't want to be the type of GM that puts strict post requirements in the rules, but there are some folks who contribute little to nothing in their posts and do not push the scene along; they're just there. The only requirements I have are that posts are not one-liners and must have enough substance in them that people can respond and push the scene along, and I've been really, really lenient in regards to this.
That's understandable. Even I'm a little miffed by our stunted progression, (ironic given that we're in a Swamp lol). But it's so bizarre how the Swamp Crew has been consistently having the most troubles out of all the groups. I hate it even more now that we're literally at a Pillar and it's now our problems are coming more apparent. If you gotta force more effort out of some players, then so be it. Better that than whole storylines get halted cause other players don't have enough material to work with. As for now, I can fix something up if neither you or Ploegy have any particular ideas.

I am quite literally at my wits end with coming up with something so I can assure you I cannot write a post that would be of any substantial value. I basically have a singular sentence to work with which hardly addressed anything in my last post. I'll be blunt once more, that frustrates the hell out of me. I don't know how I'm expected to create a scene around that. I don't think I lack the creativity or have shown incapability of not carrying and/or helping create scenes, so I know it's not me

I am quite literally at my wits end with coming up with something so I can assure you I cannot write a post that would be of any substantial value. I basically have a singular sentence to work with which hardly addressed anything in my last post. I'll be blunt once more, that frustrates the hell out of me. I don't know how I'm expected to create a scene around that. I don't think I lack the creativity or have shown incapability of not carrying and/or helping create scenes, so I know it's not me
I know it's not you, Ploegy, and I totally get your frustration. If nothing else, I ought to apologize for making it harder on you. I was too busy having fun getting psychological that I didn't consider how the rest of the group wasn't exactly fairing much better and now Yoshi's in a pinch and it doesn't help that the rest of our group aren't doing enough anyways, but again, I can think of something to atleast get me and you out of the rut if push comes to shove and we have to leave the rest of the group behind.

As I said, one idea I'm considering is the group being captured by Lunaris's troops and taken to the Flying Citadel.

Basically this:

As I said, one idea I'm considering is the group being captured by Lunaris's troops and taken to the Flying Citadel.

Basically this:

True, but then that'd kinda be a little too convenient, give how far away the Flying Citadel is to the Swamp. We're better of having OoT Link reappear and fish us out with his Grapple Hook lol. Damn, that also means we would've ultimately failed to save the Kokiri too.

I know it's not you, Ploegy, and I totally get your frustration. If nothing else, I ought to apologize for making it harder on you. I was too busy having fun getting psychological that I didn't consider how the rest of the group wasn't exactly fairing much better and now Yoshi's in a pinch and it doesn't help that the rest of our group aren't doing enough anyways, but again, I can think of something to atleast get me and you out of the rut if push comes to shove and we have to leave the rest of the group behind.
Let me be blunt again, DO NOT BE SORRY. I want you to enjoy posting and do what you wanted with your character. This does not fall on you and I do not blame you in the slightest for writing Falcon's scene as you saw fit. This falls on the rest of the group for not really backing US up and helping the scene along as we all should

Basically this:

THIS SCENE TERRIFIED ME AS A CHILD! I got so sad when I lost a Yoshi and had to see it

That aside, perhaps that could work if all else fails. I would really love for this to be a big development for Yoshi though so I'd love to try other avenues first of course! I will have to wrack my brain for some ideas

I've also been considering temporarily RPing other Smash Brothers. I've a few ideas of who can show up to help the Swamp Bros.!

EDIT: As for distance between the Citadel and Swamp, there are troops of Lunaris in the swampland area, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

I’m wondering if at some point with Seph going the way he is. He’ll meet some of Lunaris soldiers just a thought of mine and sounds like fun in the future.

You're very right about that. So, let's talk about it, really talk about it. I might to have to get blunt, so I do apologize in advance if I possibly hurt some feelings.

One reason things have slowed to a crawl is because everyone (besides Ploegy's Yoshi) wrote about their PCs being affected by the Sorrowfen at once rather than pacing it and taking turns. With everyone affected by the corruption, what is there for Yoshi to do? Yoshi cannot see or interact with the visions the others are seeing. It wasn't like the Ghost Ship where the Pillar of Fear's influence affected the PCs a little bit at a time and we alternated between who was affected. We also kept it brief; Pit seeing Bayonetta was a one-post event, for example, and things eventually built up to the final corruption and the boss fight that resulted from that. Ploegy did make a post about Yoshi using his tongue to save Captain Falcon, but that wasn't really acknowledged in Kameron's post outside of a simple, "Despite Yoshi's best efforts, Captain Falcon is still sinking." Okay, but what is there for Ploegy to do? What is Yoshi expected to do? If Ploegy decides right now to make a post about Yoshi sinking, I guess the entire Captain Falcon group is doomed because there is no one left! At that point, those characters may be out of commission until another group of PCs show up to that area, defeat the boss, and free them from the swamp. One idea I do have in regard to this is that the group does sink in the Sorrowfen, but are rescued and captured by soldiers of Lunaris.

This is the part where I have to get blunt and possibly hurt some feelings: SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 and Darklord95 Darklord95 you are going to have to step up the quality and content of your posts. I do not have a post size limit or a set post timing rule, and I've been super lenient on such, but your posts have little to no substance and gives other RPers nothing to do. Your PCs barely exist and contribute nothing to the RP scene as a whole. Kameron and Ploegy are the ones carrying the scene in the Swamp, they are struggling, and it is not fair. This has become too much of a problem that I cannot let it slide anymore. DarkLord's latest post was just a couple of sentences about Hayden stating his name then watching his Pikmin be eaten, eaten by what we do not know because you never told us what is there or if it is a hallucination by the Sorrowfen. Your posts are also so infrequent that I keep thinking you ghosted only to make a post like that and vanish again, and I have to wonder at this point why you're still here or if you're even invested in the game.
Good point. I was mostly here for Kam cause he wanted me to join. But clearly I can’t keep up so I’m just gonna leave. Sorry for wasting y’alls time. ✌🏻

THIS SCENE TERRIFIED ME AS A CHILD! I got so sad when I lost a Yoshi and had to see it

That aside, perhaps that could work if all else fails. I would really love for this to be a big development for Yoshi though so I'd love to try other avenues first of course! I will have to wrack my brain for some ideas
I've heard a lot of people were terrified of that Game Over screen. A lot of the popular "scary moments in non-horror games" didn't bother me at all. There is only one thing in one game that I can remember scaring me as a child.

This sunnuvabitch right here:

This guy made me afraid of the dark as a child! I'm a grown adult, and I still get an "Oh crap!" moment when I hear that moan! It doesn't help that DF Zombies are durable and hit very hard, even one-shot you at low levels.

I've also been considering temporarily RPing other Smash Brothers. I've a few ideas of who can show up to help the Swamp Bros.!

EDIT: As for distance between the Citadel and Swamp, there are troops of Lunaris in the swampland area, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
I mean I've thought AGAIN of adding a non-temp character to help given I'm so stubborn if it ends up being a canon Smash Bro and could not make it temp cuz of that stubbornness lol! But god if it helps then so be it

Heck, I can have Captain Falcon re-emerge and pull through for the group at the last minute lol.

Heck, I can have Captain Falcon re-emerge and pull through for the group at the last minute lol.
Ness arrives and Falcon cannot stay down the moment he's in the vicinity this could be the dumbest thing to pull LOL

the idea of Ness showing up I love it lmao 🤣 Falcon has a dinkleberg moment like he can sense Ness he emerges from the water all ominously

I could honestly probably pull Ness off without being stubborn about keeping him around I do have experience rping him but no muse to upkeep him for a rp and given Falcon's distaste he'd have no reason to stay. Could be a possibility I suppose

I could honestly probably pull Ness off without being stubborn about keeping him around I do have experience rping him but no muse to upkeep him for a rp and given Falcon's distaste he'd have no reason to stay. Could be a possibility I suppose
It's no worries, again, i have no problems having Falcon rise out of the mud from his own volition having he regained his senses. We don't have to think too hard about it

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back