• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: F.A.T.E

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Wes Kraven - Headshot.jpg
Wes Kraven
New York -Bergin Basin/I-678
September 26th
Mentions: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

Wes was still trying to come to his bearings after the sudden cacophony the four of them were subjected to as Samuel, or Sam as he preferred, and Feng conversed. Whether it was due to their mercenary background or something else, Feng and Aki seemed to recover a lot quicker from the ordeal. But for Wes, the sound of a soul in such despair and fear, as if their very existence was agony was still fresh in his mind.

Between his up close and personal experience with how a bloodsucker fed on a living being, and this, he was sure that he’d be paying a visit to Doctor Arc after this. Hell, maybe even a call to his parents if he was still feeling shook up after his session. But that was for later, after he would be able to climb into his own bed in his own apartment, and after they dealt with the issue at hand.

Both Feng and Aki seemed to be looking for his input on the situation, whether or not to accompany Sam and Korne as they investigated the noise. If he said no, and cast his vote behind going back to the shelter or trying to regroup with Nadia, they probably wouldn’t hold it against him. From what little he had shown, Sam was probably strong enough to handle whatever the source of the disturbing sound was.

And yet, he found himself tossing the idea back and forth in his head, far more than he would have thought he would. Letting Sam handle it would mean less work for them, and they couldn’t continue with their assignment and relieve Kenny until Sam returned. Which meant a possibly decent chunk of downtime where they would be able to kick back and wait for his return in the relative comfort of the shelter. But if he did, and Sam and Korne handled it themselves, he’d lose out on the chance to fight alongside the death scythe.

It wasn’t the man that brought forth a twinge of wanting to put in the effort for a fight, but rather what he could do. During the last scuffle with the strange beasts, all Wes could do was sit on Feng’s back and send out a few blasts of sound to keep the dogs at bay while she carved through them with the death scythe. He doubted that if the same scene were to happen, and he weren’t there, that there’d be any difference in how it played out.

It seemed like Aki shared his annoyance at not being much use during the last encounter, although her words did cause him to pause. After a few seconds, he awkwardly reached out and patted her on her shoulder. “Hey. Just because you were useless now doesn’t mean you’ll be useless later.”

Despite how his words may have sounded, he didn’t mean to suggest that Aki was useless at any point at all. He was just horrible at consoling others. Besides, if they were talking about being useful, Wes wasn’t any help at all during their encounter with the scavs. While he panicked at being shot at, and the sight of a sucking chest wound on the bloodsucker the group had just met, her and Feng immediately jumped into action. There was no telling if whatever they were going to encounter could also consume wavelength the the beasts,

“We should go with him.” He said with a soft sigh, scratching at the back of his head. He wasn’t going to say that the only thing pushing him to accompany Sam was the prospect of getting another chance to fight alongside Korne’s oscillating wavelength, so instead he offered a different explanation to his partners. “If he goes running off, we’d just be waiting for him to get back to the shelter. If we go with him, at least we can find out who’s soul that was.”

1726716423075.png
Feng Long
New York City - Between Bergen Basin and I-678
September 26th

Aki was more disturbed by all this than Feng herself had been, that much was obvious to her at least, and neither of her weapons seemed happy with the situation, their lack of usefulness. It had to be hard on them. It was hard on her as well. This team had been thrown together and had barely anytime to figure how to utilize one another. She had a melee and a ranged weapon, fighting as if a to be a cop with a riot shield just wasn't working for her, or for them. And yet a 5th, or rather a 4th wheel was being forced into the equation.

She wanted to try doing right by the pair at least, but it wouldn't hurt to speak up a little on the being useless bit. "Well, if it's of any help this broach keeps me from fighting how I have all my life. Not being able to use my berserker aspects limits my physical enhancements a lot, and there has been no attempt to even incorporate it. So yeah, all three of us are a bit useless, we'll still make do."

She wasn't sure how to comfort Wes however, she and Aki were still a bit bothered by it. Aki's nerves and self-confidence were a bit low, Feng was sure to a degree this was likely a trap, but both of them had to deal with such most of their lives. Sure, it wasn't like Feng ever fought, whatever in the hell those abominations were, but even she had considerable restraints placed upon her... But Wes, well, he had an innocence to him, that both she and Aki had lost long ago. She did not know how to comfort him in this regard. Something to consider later... But for now;

"Heh, I'll try and make use of you two, I hope we won't run into those mutts again, but who knows... Very well Sam, or maybe I should call you Uncle Sam for fun... We'll go with you, though I'm still curious about those questions I asked before."

Interactions: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Aki/Dani) Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul (NPC's) Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin (Wes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back