Small Group- Steampunk Pirates (Closed)

Nice, I wonder how this is going to work out. I've been thinking about it a bit, as I'm going to be the captain. Puts a lot of stress on me, as I'm going to have to get the crew together, I believe. Time for St. Nicolas to post then.

I'm so impatient... I don't want to wait for others to post... Speaking of that, why are you taking so long Vibro?

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]I'm so impatient... I don't want to wait for others to post... Speaking of that, why are you taking so long Vibro?

[/QUOTE]
Sorry. I was babysitting and 8 week and 1 year old for 6 hours. I'll hurry. The order is mainly for getting everyone involved. I'll probably remove it once we are all rolling.

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]Wow, sorry to be hard on you. And thanks.

[/QUOTE]
No problem. I'm glad to see you're itching to post.

So is posting order still required? 
As I'm itching to respond to that post. Man you're good at this, I have a lot to learn.

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]So is posting order still required? 
As I'm itching to respond to that post. Man you're good at this, I have a lot to learn.

[/QUOTE]
One more round of order and you can post whenever, mate. People are fast though, so no worries.

Vibora said:
One more round of order and you can post whenever, mate. People are fast though, so no worries.
Mmk. I can wait then. 
-I keep wanted to msg people to tell them to hurry up so I can post-

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]Mmk. I can wait then. 
-I keep wanted to msg people to tell them to hurry up so I can post-

[/QUOTE]
He's online. I just might message him watch to the thread.. I'm going to head to bed soon though, but I'll be on most of tomorrow.

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]He was on earlier though... Man, I can't wait until I can post when ever I want...

[/QUOTE]
He replied, so, get your post ready.

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]He still hasn't posted...

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, strange. He did reply, so maybe he's just taking a while. 
On a positive note, island information is up!

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]I hope so. Oh, I guess I'll check that out. What island are we on?

[/QUOTE]
Cat O Nine. That's where the bar is.

Vibora said:
Cat O Nine. That's where the bar is.
Mhm. So, may I ask what type of airships they are, and how steam punk the world is? It can vary a lot. Helium airships with a lot of cogs and gears? Wondering about the state of common tech.

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]Mhm. So, may I ask what type of airships they are, and how steam punk the world is? It can vary a lot. Helium airships with a lot of cogs and gears? Wondering about the state of common tech.

[/QUOTE]
The airships aren't helium based, but use helicopter-esque propellers run by steam engines. The ship is steered by use of forward propulsion combined with downwards winglike folds that catch the air to turn. So combine these two and you sort of have my mental image.

The Propellers and build resembles

ffxi_airship1280-560x448.jpg
While the 'wings' are more to the effect of this
zeppelin.jpg

Vibora said:
The airships aren't helium based, but use helicopter-esque propellers run by steam engines. The ship is steered by use of forward propulsion combined with downwards winglike folds that catch the air to turn. So combine these two and you sort of have my mental image.

The Propellers and build resembles

ffxi_airship1280-560x448.jpg
While the 'wings' are more to the effect of this
zeppelin.jpg

Got it. So it's not zeppelin type, meaning you don't have to worry about the helium gas exploding, or holes in the balloon. Mmk. And the overall technology is just steampunk? As in can I have a clockwork sword that can electrocute? Or have cogs that work like a chainsaw? I just want to get a grip on the world.

I

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]Got it. So it's not zeppelin type, meaning you don't have to worry about the helium gas exploding, or holes in the balloon. Mmk. And the overall technology is just steampunk? As in can I have a clockwork sword that can electrocute? Or have cogs that work like a chainsaw? I just want to get a grip on the world.

[/QUOTE]
It's a bit lower than most steampunk. The technology can be advanced, but they don't have steampunk TV's ECT. A lot of the technology remains in a victorian state, while the areas that they are advanced in, they are very advanced. The weapons and airships are advanced, but the agriculture and life practices aren't really.

Vibora said:
I
It's a bit lower than most steampunk. The technology can be advanced, but they don't have steampunk TV's ECT. A lot of the technology remains in a victorian state, while the areas that they are advanced in, they are very advanced. The weapons and airships are advanced, but the agriculture and life practices aren't really.
Understood. I have a good grasp of it now, and I've fully decided what my character's style is in combat. Now I wish I could draw him, as he looks beyond epic in my mind... As characters often do. Two swords on his left, one fancy, powerful, and clockwork. The other a plain, simple, yet elegant sword. Then he has a modified Luger that shoots armor piercing rounds, and a simple combat knife to his left. He carries a few spare clips of ammo in his shirt. Does that work?

[QUOTE="Derivik Soul]Understood. I have a good grasp of it now, and I've fully decided what my character's style is in combat. Now I wish I could draw him, as he looks beyond epic in my mind... As characters often do. Two swords on his left, one fancy, powerful, and clockwork. The other a plain, simple, yet elegant sword. Then he has a modified Luger that shoots armor piercing rounds, and a simple combat knife to his left. He carries a few spare clips of ammo in his shirt. Does that work?

[/QUOTE]
That would work absolutely fine in the context of the world. It sounds really cool as well, and I'd love to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back