Sidereals: Unstoppable Survival Horror Fate Ninja, or not?

Re: Sidereals: Unstoppable Survival Horror Fate Ninja, or no

Alright, my Vision of Gold setting is up! It's in the Blessed Isle forum. The thread is titled Eternal War.

Note that I have much more written (10 notebook pages, as opposed to the 2.5 I have up), I merely need to make it digital. And I plan to write even more than that.

Brickwall said:
I'm not sure why we're qualifying the Great Prophecy as a bad decision. I think prophecies tend to be good ideas.
As far as the Usurpation, well, I don't think we can qualify that as a bad idea either. It 100% prevented the end of the world at the hands of the Solar Empire, just like they thought it would, and led to an age of lesser glory, just like they thought it would. Likewise, the Vision of Gold, had it been the one to gain majority, would not have been a bad idea either, as it would have had a chance of preventing the end of the world and leading to a Golden Age. Yes, two things can oppose without either being 'bad'. Funny that.

But I'm certainly not arguing that a good deal of hubris went into it. It did. But that doesn't invalidate the decision. Appeal to source is not a valid method of evaluating a decision or idea.

Hmm...I have an idea to make a version of Exalted where the Vision of Gold was followed, and Bad End happened. Yes, this could be an interesting project indeed.
This is the point I was trying to make. Bad as things are in Creation it could have been even worse if the Gold Faction won right away. They were in a damned if you do and damned if you don't position.

In order to make a cake truly spit-proof, first, you'd have to give it a coating that would repel all bodily fluids, and then, make it capable of hunting down and destroying anyone, or anything, that just attempted to put bodily fluids in the cake.

Nova should never cook, else we shall be destroyed by sentient hunter-seeker cakes.

Aasharu said:
In order to make a cake truly spit-proof, first, you'd have to give it a coating that would repel all bodily fluids, and then, make it capable of hunting down and destroying anyone, or anything, that just attempted to put bodily fluids in the cake.
Nova should never cook, else we shall be destroyed by sentient hunter-seeker cakes.
Nah. It'd just mean that Solars would have to develop the Cake-Eating Technique Resistance Charm, and Lunars would develop an even more robust Stamina charm to eat actively hostile foodstuffs. Terrestrials would do it too, but it would have to be a Brotherhood Charm, "Feast of the Five Dragons" that enables them together to consume things that would be impossible for individual consumption. Alchemicals would go a different route; instead of eating the wastefully-inefficient cake, they'd develop an Intelligence-linked raygun that reduces it to a nutrient paste many times it's original volume with the same energy stored within but much, much more boring.

So the only losers are mortals and Sidereals. At least, until one of them develops an entire SMA style that allows them to eat something and still have it.

I'm positive that at least one existing SMA Charm would allow a Sidereal to, somehow, consume an unconsumable cake. At the very least, the one that temporarily redefines reality would be somewhat effective.

Brickwall said:
I'm positive that at least one existing SMA Charm would allow a Sidereal to, somehow, consume an unconsumable cake. At the very least, the one that temporarily redefines reality would be somewhat effective.
Yes, but with the custom SMA style, they can consume the unconsumable cake and have their unconsumable cake, too.

Sidereal Martial Arts: Beat Cakes Into Creation.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Brickwall said:
Yes, but with the custom SMA style, they can consume the unconsumable cake and have their unconsumable cake, too.
hmm..you have a point..so unstoppable is it is.

In my games Sidereals are the creators of the fourth wall.

And the only thing that can beat Chuck Norris besides Mr. Rodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back