[Shifting Sands] Shifting Sands Discussion

The Deathlord couldn't care the slightest for the priests, he can get them already if he wants.

He needs the real deal to awake the mountain.

We need an undead bigwig to try and get to us.

Further, we don't need high fooling capabilities.

Everybody like to believe shit, and the one more willing to believe will be the priests of the god, because the appearance of the God will make their importance skyrocket.

We need just some undeniable portent, that Shing can pull out easily, and then let the minds of the few witnesses go wild.

Let the information be ambiguous.

Most mortals have never seen a God in their life, possibly a Dragon Blooded...

"I saw the Mountain God standing far on the side of the mountain, engulfed in flames!"

Such a witness may even describe the flames as red and fiery rather than golden, because that's the way we remember strange things.

Hell, Selima can pretend to be one of the witnesses.

Let the God appear randomly, always seen by drunkard, from afar, from the priests.

Let a frenzy come out, let them understand that the God is most often seen in a remote and inaccessible part of the mountain.

If needed, Selima can go instantly to Larceny 4.

So, Larceny would be to make the disguise awesome. Then I'll need a Performance or Presence roll to convince the crowd, even for a few moments, that you're a god. I'll set difficulties based on how you approach the situation.

We'll do the logistics leading up to your emergence as a "god" OOC, if you guys are okay with that. If so, you will head to the religious leaders in Gem and speak with them. Roll [Charisma/Manipulation] + [Performance/Presence] roll, difficulty 2. For every 2 successes above the difficulty, you get 1 extra die to your Larceny and Performance/Presence rolls.

All right, so do this:

WlfSamurai said:
So, Larceny would be to make the disguise awesome. Then I'll need a Performance or Presence roll to convince the crowd, even for a few moments, that you're a god. I'll set difficulties based on how you approach the situation.
We'll do the logistics leading up to your emergence as a "god" OOC, if you guys are okay with that. If so, you will head to the religious leaders in Gem and speak with them. Roll [Charisma/Manipulation] + [Performance/Presence] roll, difficulty 2. For every 2 successes above the difficulty, you get 1 extra die to your Larceny and Performance/Presence rolls.

And you guys can choose primary roller on the religious discovery, but on the Larceny and Performance/Presence rolls, Shing is the primary roller.

Can we use Selima's Larceny instead of Shing's?

I can use a few XPs and rise it immediately.

Spent 4 xp to rise Lar 1 to 3.

Channelling Temperance to take care of the smallest details.

Rolling Dex+Lar+Temp to disguise Shing as Volcano God = 5+3+4 = 12 dice 
Do I get a stunt? ^_^

Yes, take a 2-die stunt worth 3 successes (!) and 4 motes.

Also, don't forget about what I wrote below. If you roll out the "gathering information on religions" action, you can gain extra dice to this roll as well.

WlfSamurai said:

Sorry for the delay...too much work in RL. : p

So I roll presence+manipulation 5 dice, add 2 successes with 2nd presence excellency

Do you jump into the scene of speaking to the citizen?

I don't see a need to jump into that scene.

So, you add 2 more successes to the Larceny roll giving you a total of 8 successes. Well done.

Now, we'll jump into the scene where Shing appears as a god. Before we do, what is the goal? Are you just trying to gain the attention of more of the Deathlord's henchmen?

Yes, this is a honeypot tactic.

We know that the Deathlord's minions need the God, so we are hoping that they will reveal themselves.

Sorry that I keep doing this, but I've been shifting this game to the back of the line since there are so many other games going on. We'll get back here soon.

I saw you started recruiting for a new game.

Aren't you stepping longer than your leg?

If you need more time, we can freeze this game for a while, I love the game but I have no problems with taking a break.

Nah, want to keep this going for sure.

I lost a few games over the course of these last few months and have replaced them with fewer, paring down.

To be clearer and expand/negate what I said above, it's not that I don't have time for the number of games, it's for all games at the same time, really. If I get an hour in a day, I usually can get to every game.

I'm playing in yours and your playing in another of mine, I haven't responded to those either.

There have just been these influx of nights where I get off of work at 4:30, do the shopping, get home at 6:30-7, put the boy to bed, run and do more errands, let my wife shower and eat dinner ... By time I can sit at the computer it's 11 or 12.

You don't need to know all that, but that's what been going on. It will even out when the baby gets a bit older.

Hey, you don't have to justify. ^_^

If you did your maths and you're on balance, no probs. =D

Hah, no, there are people on this board that are important to me. I want to make sure they understand I'm not going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back