[Shifting Sands] Shifting Sands Discussion

They saw me? Man, not even a roll for Stealth? :P I need to keep an eye on this guy. Mind you, the way his partners are making so much noise is soooooooo..... well, not his style.

I wanted to paint Selima as a hothead angry for the Ghost Flower Tea, to give her an excuse to provoke and possibly chase the hooded guy.

Why all this?

One thing is if you are being chased by a (likely mortal) crazy girl.

You lead her in a secluded area and get rid of her, possibly exposing your identity and your powers.

Another thing is if you are being chased by three competent guys that know their shit, likely Exalts: you run away as fast as possible and, ensure that your true nature is not exposed, since they will likely be able to survive whatever trick you pull against them and exploit any information they gain against you and whoever controls you.

In short: by being competent it may harder to get what we want.

Unless you guys want Selima to capture the guy at once, which can be done easily.

I'm not arguing with your methods. ;) Shade just doesn't understand such methods. He can't relate. LOL

No worries about the confusion Wlf. I'll try to better communicate because the confusion is just as much my fault. :)

Coyotekin, just, ehm, to understand the tactical set up here...

If you roll 25 dice on a surprise attack, it means that you are adding about 12 dice of damage on top of your weapon's base damage.

Such damage is usually good to incinerate anything that can't use any power to try and escape from some Exalts.

Or: this thing ran away with the speed of a mortal, it's reasonable to assume that it soaks Essence blasts not much better than a mortal.

If we blast it to pieces, chasing him will have been utterly useless in the first place.

Awww, but what fun is that. ;) Fine..... it could be a controlled shot to the leg to disable him. :He sighed: I suppose I could drop it down to only 15 dice for the attack instead.

LOL. Just realized that I was spending motes for ammo when the hearthstone supplies the ammo.

Also, they have the hunting rifle and sniper rifle, and Artifact equivalents, in the new Shards book. :)

Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure I'm okay with using those directly as I don't want real rifles with magazines in the game, fluff-wise. But, I think we should adapt it for like a flint-lock style rifle. Thoughts?

I wa only thinking stats if you wanted. Otherwise I am still going with the Onslaught X-bow for the stats

By core p182, a Charm's Type defines when it is to be used, not declared.

This is why it is a Reflexive rather than a Supplemental Charm.

Still, if you decide otherwise, I have no problems with it.

Same page:

Reflexive—The Charm isn’t part of the character’s action. Reflexive Charms used during attack resolution specify the steps of attack resolution during which a character can use the Charm (see p. 145). This information is written in parentheses next to the Type.
Roll if for now, it doesn't really matter. Especially with combos being all crazy and my own house rule that all Reflexive charms are active. ;)

2B won't change much, but I do enjoy a subtle sense of satisfaction when abusing the rules. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back