[Shards of Immortality] We speak no evil

This is obviously not a sustainable economy. Dead bodies, while a very renewable resource, only have a certain rate of production. Well, what dead bodies are made from, anyways.

We should have a stock market, and hold stock in different warriors. Each share reflects a certain amount of dead bodies you get. Also live bodies for folks like me who need 'em.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]I'll trade you two dead babies and a grandpa carcass for your rotting warrior.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I dunno. I've been holding onto this guy, hoping his market value will go up. Any chance I can get you to trade me your holofoil berserker?

[QUOTE="Doctor Calgori]We should have a stock market, and hold stock in different warriors. Each share reflects a certain amount of dead bodies you get. Also live bodies for folks like me who need 'em.

[/QUOTE]
I like this plan. But ALL the shares!

For the living, all i require is to be there during that sweet final moment when the candle of their life is snuffed out, so i can collect the soul.

I hate that awkward and unlucky moment when one finds that the roleplay they've been waiting to see resurrected is indeed so... and 18 other people already jumped on it.

...This is going to be a lot of names to remember.

Tempest said:
I hate that awkward and unlucky moment when one finds that the roleplay they've been waiting to see resurrected is indeed so... and 18 other people already jumped on it.
Well you should get in before the list gets bigger :) !

Play a character who

Tempest said:
Play a character who doesn't so you don't have to keep track of it either!

Question about Tieflings. By the time they are adults, they will appear like demons, or will they just have several demonic traits to them?

Tempest said:
Question about Tieflings. By the time they are adults, they will appear like demons, or will they just have several demonic traits to them?
Demonic traits

Pardon me for posting my character as a Work In Progress, but I'm dead tired and need more time to think out the character. Unfortunately there is (as far as I know) no save feature on RPdom...

Posted my WIP as well now that I've gotten her... basics mostly worked out. Thought I should get feedback on her skills ASAP 'cuz I'm having a bugger of a time actually working out a coherent set of them and I have no idea if I'm getting too ambitious or spending too much time explaining how they work... the orange/green/purple descriptions are really vague on what actual power levels we're looking at.

(also, I posted skills and charinfo separately 'cuz I have a tendency to go back and edit my characters as they develop throughout play, and I wanted to make it hilariously blatant that I was NOT editing skills in the process.)

I just spent the last 20 minutes reading characters. No matter what happens, these are all AMAZING. I love this site. You guys should all be proud. I'd hate to be the GMs... :)

Continuing on my questioning of varying races- while Nymphs are normally peaceable, they don't HAVE to be diplomatic, do they? Because, otherwise, I'm going to have a lot of trouble figuring out why the Overlord would want my character as a General of his Immortal Army.

Also, I was thinking of using magic involving shadows and night (hence her title the Shadow Witch), but I can't think of any Fae that would be like that... my list of Fae is sadly lacking. Actually, I'm just having problems with thinking of abilities period; I understand how the system works, just kinda worried having to think of four and only four abilities.

While humans are generally not insane by societal norms, some are. The same applies to the deviant races for which humans were the progenitor: Your Nymph can be whatever fits the character. The races describe general society and physical or mental attributes that are the median, not so much the extreme. You will gain abilities as the RP progresses, the ones you choose now will simply be the ones you start with.

An example for a shadowy witch might be Maghda from Diablo 3.

You can Google her for more info.

Finally done with my character...

And Monsterous, it's nice to see Venore again! I just hope that he doesn't wander off like he did last time, spending all of his time sipping tea.

Tempest said:
Continuing on my questioning of varying races- while Nymphs are normally peaceable, they don't HAVE to be diplomatic, do they? Because, otherwise, I'm going to have a lot of trouble figuring out why the Overlord would want my character as a General of his Immortal Army.
Also, I was thinking of using magic involving shadows and night (hence her title the Shadow Witch), but I can't think of any Fae that would be like that... my list of Fae is sadly lacking. Actually, I'm just having problems with thinking of abilities period; I understand how the system works, just kinda worried having to think of four and only four abilities.
Well, Mab is referred to as "Queen of Air and Darkness" in Shakespeare? Or perhaps the Bean Sidhe, who is associated with death.

I would not be kidding if I said I've been waiting, just waiting for Wiz to come along and start accepting Generals. Right now, it's kinda disconcerting that nothing is happening...

Tempest said:
I would not be kidding if I said I've been waiting, just waiting for Wiz to come along and start accepting Generals. Right now, it's kinda disconcerting that nothing is happening...
We are looking at characters at this exact moment.

So, to go completely off topic from what has been discussed, I would like to draw everyone's attention to a certain thread.

-People exit to The Gate, Overlord-

If we get into this situation when we first wake up (not saying that we will), I am begging you, fellow Generals- please, please, PLEASE don't be the idiots we were in that thread. PLEASE! ...Actually, just don't be like how the people in Overlord were in general- confusing, hostile, expecting the world at their fingertips, and getting nothing done.

And to go further off topic, I sure did make an epic character with Eratio.

Tempest said:
So, to go completely off topic from what has been discussed, I would like to draw everyone's attention to a certain thread.
-People exit to The Gate, Overlord-

If we get into this situation when we first wake up (not saying that we will), I am begging you, fellow Generals- please, please, PLEASE don't be the idiots we were in that thread. PLEASE! ...Actually, just don't be like how the people in Overlord were in general- confusing, hostile, expecting the world at their fingertips, and getting nothing done.

And to go further off topic, I sure did make an epic character with Eratio.
That garbage of a game can't be compared to this new game, the characters are much better, we are not doing freeform and we have an actual system in place.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]That garbage of a game can't be compared to this new game, the characters are much better, we are not doing freeform and we have an actual system in place.

[/QUOTE]
Wait this isn't freeform? :confused: So confuzzleded.

Tempest said:
Wait this isn't freeform? :confused: So confuzzleded.
No traditional, we will have a nice chapter system in place for this system that will be able to accommodate a large amount of players but it will be one or few threads at a time, not 5465654156.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back