RWBY: Beacon's Light

School is taking a bite out of my spare time, sorry guys.

I haven't gotten the chance to work on the scene Kaia, sorry. But I figured out Michael's Grifball story and how it works in this world...

So, here's kind of a world building add on.

Grifball is one of the more popular sports in the world of Remnant. Much like soccer in this world. It consists of six people: four starters and two alternates, playing on a 60 yard long and 20 yard wide flat court. The two edges, up to 25 yards in, are marked Blue and Red, respectively. The middle is a ten yard patch where the ball starts. There is a goal in the back of both blue and red areas.

At the start of the game, four players on each side start. The goal is to get the ball to their opponents goal. Players are issued a hammer and sword for attacking other players. The sword is more agile, allowing the player to run faster, and it takes more skill to get a one hit knockdown. Hammers slow players, but provide easy one hits. The weapons deal a shock to an impacted player, paralyzing them for a few seconds. The player who holds the ball, Grif, has neither weapon, and must rely on their hands, the ball, personal skills, or their teammates to clear a path to the opposing goal. First to three goals wins.

There are three types of players:

Runners: These players typically excel at running the ball, not so much good fighters though.

Tanks: Their job is to clear paths, taking out opposing players for a runner. Slower, and not as well suited to carrying.

Hybrids: A little of both, they can run and they can fight.

In Vale, the VGLV (Vale Grifball Leauge of Vale) is the most prominent Leauge in the kingdom. Often sending the champion team to play against other kingdom's champions. VGLV is the pro level, but anybody possessed of the tight materials can play a pick up game of Grifball.

Three years ago, Hybrids weren't popular players, but a team called Hybrid Theory popped up in the VGLV. They shocked the community by beating the current Vale champion, amount them was the "Alpha Hybrid" who, although he appeared very young, played like a Hall of Fame pro. He never revealed himself, always wearing a black and ice blue balaclava under a pair of dark aviator sunglasses. Thanks to him, Hybrid Theory went undefeated that season, and Alpha was named Rookie of the Year and VGLV MVP. His identity still remains secret to this day.

Unaware to Team Melanchite, the Alpha Hybrid is living, breathing, and fighting right under their noses.

Anybody have any questions?

Oh I thought we made it clear I was going to skip again, I stated I'd join in during the heat of the battle and have an acceptionally long post.

Hey, @KaiaWolf...

They were waiting outside the hangar for Air and Hector, who took a while to get ready to head out into the city. Michael had his nose in the autocannon blister along the side, making sure everything was loaded and ready, just in case. Lara watched him from the open hatch, then she decided to venture a question. “Hey?”

Michael looked over at her, “Yeah?”

“You ever wonder why we’re here?”

Michael seemed to think for a second, before answering slowly, “It’s one of life’s great mysteries isn’t it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or is there really a God watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don’t know, but it keeps me up at night.”

Lara was slightly taken aback, not the question she had asked, “...What?! I mean why are we here, at Beacon?”

Michael looked back into the machinery, embarrassed. “Oh. Uh... yeah.”

“What was all that stuff about God?”

“Uh...hm? Nothing.”

“You wanna talk about it?” she asked, watching him.

Michael looked at her, “ Not really.”

Lara raised an eyebrow under her hood, “You sure?”

“Yeah.”

Lara turned serious, “Seriously though, why are we out here? As far as I can tell, it's just a castle in the middle of nowhere. No way in or out.”

“Mm hmm.” Michael mumbled, working on something that really didn't need to be worked on.

Lara went on, “The only reason that we set up an academy here, is because they have another academy over there in Atlas. And the only reason they have an academy over there, is because we have an academy here.”

Michael looked over and nodded, “Yeah. That's because we're fighting the Grimm there and here.”

Lara shook her head, “No, no. But I mean, even if Beacon and Ozpin said screw it, and gave up, and if Ironwood and his Atlas goons would come take our academy, they would have two academies in the middle of nowhere. Whoopdee-frakking-doo.”

Michael shrugged, “What's up with that anyway? I mean, I signed on to fight some Grimm. Next thing I know, Glyndia freaking Goodwitch blows up the whole Grimm force and I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere, training to fight.”

What do you think?

Hey Reaper, idk if this is relevant or not, but I had planned later on my character would be speaking of religion himself. 
Just don't know it it'd seem rederic, but it'll be the same post when he jumps into the battle.

Have Air take out the other White Fang on the roof, then watch Lara make her shot: maybe ask what now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back